Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-30-2010, 06:14 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
The episode was to end with a speech “about intimidation and fear,” Mr. Parker and Mr. Stone wrote, adding, “It didn’t mention Muhammad at all but it got bleeped too.”
Why this part got bleeped is beyond me.
Lain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 07:37 PM
Elite Fan

^ Probably didn't want to go poking fingers so they thought it was safer to do that. Should've just cut the part out completely in my opinion.

Have a happy holiday & prosperous new year!
vc318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 07:59 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by vc318 (View Post)
^ Probably didn't want to go poking fingers so they thought it was safer to do that. Should've just cut the part out completely in my opinion.
I have to wholeheartedly disagree. If there's nothing based on Muhammad in Kyle's speech, then I don't know why it was necessary. It can't really be about offending other religions since the creators have been doing it for years.
Old 05-28-2010, 08:24 PM
Elite Fan

FOXNews.com - Voltron Producer Peter Keefe Dead at 57

Voltron Producer Peter Keefe Dead at 57

Peter Keefe, best known for his work with the children's series Voltron: Defender of the Universe, has died from throat cancer, according to The Hollywood Reporter.

Keefe, 57, created Voltron in the '80s by adapting two Japanese animated series "Go Lion" and "Dierugger." The animated show went on to become the No. 1 children's series in syndication in 1984 and '85.

Beginning his career as a movie critic for PBS, Keefe later went on to develop such animated series as Denver, the Last Dinosaur, Widget, Twinkle and The Mr. Bogus Show.

He is survived by his wife, Pamela Mills Keefe, and a stepson.

Old 06-08-2010, 05:08 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by vc318 (View Post)
FOXNews.com - Voltron Producer Peter Keefe Dead at 57

Voltron Producer Peter Keefe Dead at 57

Peter Keefe, best known for his work with the children's series Voltron: Defender of the Universe, has died from throat cancer, according to The Hollywood Reporter.

Keefe, 57, created Voltron in the '80s by adapting two Japanese animated series "Go Lion" and "Dierugger." The animated show went on to become the No. 1 children's series in syndication in 1984 and '85.

Beginning his career as a movie critic for PBS, Keefe later went on to develop such animated series as Denver, the Last Dinosaur, Widget, Twinkle and The Mr. Bogus Show.

He is survived by his wife, Pamela Mills Keefe, and a stepson.
Voltron is one of the best series during the 80's. He's still my favorite robot.
Old 07-15-2010, 10:59 PM
Elite Fan

With the resurrection of Futurama, guess who else is coming back? Or at least hopefully!

“Beavis and Butt-head” Back to MTV with new episodes! | San Diego Entertainer Magazine

“Beavis and Butt-head” Back to MTV with new episodes!

Posted by Rochelle H. Emert on July 15, 2010 · 2 Comments

The two dimwitted heavy-metal fans, Beavis and Butt-head, from the fictional town of Highland may be back with new adventures and wise-ass comments reminiscent of the MTV before Laguna Beach and The Hills.

Supposedly Creator Mike Judge has been working on 30 new episodes to return to MTV in the show’s original crude style. Though MTV has not released any official comment on the project, the New York Post claims to have confirmed the hopeful speculations with a source at MTV. This move would be characteristic of MTV, who has plans to increase the percent of scripted or animated shows to “diversify” the otherwise, heavy-reality TV programming.

Motivations for resurrecting the classic slacker characters after 13 year of hiatus go beyond appeasing the show’s die-hard fan group who immortalized the duo’s many pearls of wisdom, which often included phrases such as, “ass-munch, “fart-knocker,” or “butt-hole,” followed by uncontrollable laughter or awkward pelvic-thrusting dance moves.

In an attempt to backtrack from its well-earned reality-TV reputation to the days when MTV used to broadcast (you guessed it!) music videos, MTV would do well to bring back Beavis and Butt-head, the rocker teens who spent much of their time on their couch cleverly praising and criticizing music videos between stints frying stuff at Burger World and trying to score chicks. This time though, instead of criticizing Vanilla Ice, they’ll be taking aim at the music videos of Justin Bieber and Lady Gaga. The return of Beavis and Butt-head very well means the return of music videos to MTV.

In preparation for the coming return of the kids who laughed at every sexual reference, (especially those of you who chuckled at the word “coming”) you can watch volumes 1 and 2 of the Mike Judge Collection on the MTV Beavis and Butt-head website.

Now to pay tribute to the eccentric, the overly caffeinated… the Great Cornholio.

----

And if this is true, I might actually have a reason to watch MTV after all. Specifically for this tidbit as well.

Quote:
This time though, instead of criticizing Vanilla Ice, they’ll be taking aim at the music videos of Justin Bieber and Lady Gaga. The return of Beavis and Butt-head very well means the return of music videos to MTV.
Old 07-15-2010, 11:06 PM
I am a basketball genius!

I don't even have MTV. I'll need to upgrade my cable. Great they're airing it on their site.
canflam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 11:09 PM
Elite Fan

I switched to MTV during channel flipping yesterday. What I saw was a marathon of 16 & Pregnant. Even beyond that, I never really was a fan since they stopped playing videos. Or took out MTV Fear (the last, what I thought was, decent show).
Old 07-17-2010, 08:50 PM
Elite Fan

Maybe this is a sign that Daria will come back too! That would be great.

Old 07-17-2010, 08:53 PM
Elite Fan

I'd prefer re-runs of that show. Wouldn't make sense for them to create new Daria episodes, even if it's the college ones.
Old 08-14-2010, 01:43 PM
Elite Fan

Nick Cannon TeenNick Chairman deal renewed - Nick Cannon TeenNick Chairman 2012 - Nick Cannon

Nick Cannon to Stay On as TeenNick Chairman

At the helm since March 2009, Cannon has made a deal to continue creating, starring, producing and directing original programming for the cable network through January 2012.

NEW YORK, NY—Nickelodeon has extended multi-talented, actor/comedian/artist/producer Nick Cannon's deal as Chairman of TeenNick through January "2012," it was announced today by Cyma Zarghami, President, Nickelodeon/MTVN Kids and Family Group. At the helm since March 2009, Cannon will continue his role in front of the camera and behind the desk of TeenNick, Nickelodeon's 24-hour network exclusively for and about teens and tweens, to help develop, produce and create original programming across the channel's multiple platforms.

"Nick is a quintessential millennial and has a unique connection to this generation," said Cyma Zarghami, President, Nickelodeon/MTVN Kids and Family Group. "Having grown up at Nickelodeon, we are confident that his groundbreaking vision and ideas will continue to make TeenNick one of the most popular destinations for teens and tweens, on-air and online."

TeenNick posted its highest-rated and most-watched quarter ever with total viewers and teens 12-17 in 2Q10. Most recently, the original two-hour Degrassi TV movie, "The Heat is On" (Monday, July 19, 9 p.m. ET) set a new record as the highest-rated and most-watched telecast in the network's history with 1.2 million total viewers.

Cannon's on-air initiatives for the network this year include The Nightlife, hosted and executive produced by Cannon, showcasing the latest trends in fashion, music, dance and entertainment. Airing every Thursday night in August from 9:30-10 p.m. (ET), The Nightlife will also feature celebrity guests, including Ice Cube, Anna Kendrick, Travie McCoy, New Boyz, Brandon Routh and T.I., in an exclusive club setting with a dance floor DJ'd by Cannon himself.

In addition, Cannon will also return as creator, host and executive producer of the second annual TeenNick HALO Awards, an hour-long special that pairs four mega-celebrities with four extraordinary teens to recognize and celebrate their commitment to service. The inaugural TeenNick HALO Awards (premiered December 11, 2009) featured LeBron James, Alicia Keys, Hayden Panettiere and Justin Timberlake along with an exclusive personal message from First Lady Michelle Obama.

Hey Nick Cannon, could you bring back the classic Nickelodeon shows like Salute Your Shorts and You Can't do That On Television? That would be great.

Old 08-15-2010, 11:59 AM
Elite Fan

Not only that but even the old Nicktoons as well. Okay, maybe with the exception of CatDog.
Old 10-17-2010, 11:51 AM
Elite Fan

Not so good news for the voice of Dora:

'Dora the Explorer' voice Caitlin Sanchez sets deadline for Nickelodeon to reach cash settlement

Old 10-21-2010, 11:55 PM
Elite Fan

Wasn't this like the second voice actor to play Dora?
Old 10-22-2010, 08:44 PM
Elite Fan

No, I think that she was the only one but I can't be for sure.

Reply   Post New Thread