Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-11-2008, 01:46 PM
Elite Fan

Whoa, you don't think it was a fellow Cartooner here at FF, right?

Have a happy holiday & prosperous new year!
vc318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 09:13 PM
Elite Fan

Let's see, who lives close to Colorado. I'll have to check the Intro thread
Lain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 08:45 PM
Ali
Master Fan

I saw this picture in someones blog... it was Sponge Bob spray painted on a wall and in Spanish it said "Sponge Bob for President" & it was awesome! lolll
Ali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 05:13 PM
Elite Fan

Source: Link

Quote:
Isaac Hayes, R&B Legend, Dies at Age 65
Oscar-winner and Rock and Roll Hall of Famer found unconscious at home and pronounced dead on Sunday afternoon

Oscar winner and Rock and Roll Hall of Famer Isaac Hayes has died at the age of 65, according to CNN.

Hayes, best known for his pop/R&B classic ''Theme From Shaft'' and more recently as the voice of Chef on South Park, was found next to an active treadmill by relatives, according to reports from the Shelby County Sheriff's Department in Memphis, Tennessee. Attempts to revive the singer were unsuccessful and he was pronounced dead in Memphis shortly after 2 p.m. on Sunday afternoon.

Hayes' career began as a songwriter and producer for Stax Records in Memphis — a pioneering R&B label of the 1960s that was widely considered the southern counterpart to Motown in Detroit. His best known compositions from this period include ''Soul Man,'' originally recorded by Sam & Dave, and later a big hit a second time when it was covered by the Blues Brothers in 1978, ''Hold On! I'm Comin','' and Carla Thomas' ''B-A-B-Y.'' (See Rachel Sweet performing the song, a U.K. hit for her in 1978.)

Hayes' breakout as a performer came in 1969 with his Hot Buttered Soul album. In 1971, his ''Theme from 'Shaft,''' won an Oscar and his performance at the Academy Awards catapulted him into the national consciousness. His increased profile led to a career in movies, starting with Tough Guys and Truck Turner in 1974. Other notable roles included John Carpenter's Escape from New York (1981), I'm Gonna Git You Sucka (1988), and Hustle and Flow (2005). On television, he was the voice of South Park's randy, but good-hearted Chef until 2006. Hayes had just finished work on a movie called Soul Men, which also stars Bernie Mac, who passed away on Saturday.
Old 08-10-2008, 09:15 PM
Elite Fan

Wow. First Bernie Mac and now Issac Hayes. Two amazing people. You know what they say about deaths and it centers around a certain number.

Old 07-25-2009, 02:33 AM
Elite Fan

Cross posting over from the Daria thread:

Quote:
Daria -'Coming to DVD'? Yes: TVShowsOnDVD Users' 3rd Most-Wanted Unreleased Series!

The first screen on the first disc of MTV's July 14th release for The State really does say it all...
Posted by David Lambert
7/02/2009

"I find the situation unbelievable myself." - Daria

Whenever registered members log on here, there's a "User Stats" screen that shows up, telling you TV Show names, DVD Release listings, and News Items have been posted since your last log-in. It gives a lot of other info on that page, too, and in the bottom right are the top ten "Most Requested Unreleased Shows". It's no surprise that the top two on that list are a pair of shows held up for release due to various rights issues: The Wonder Years and the classic '60s Batman.

The 3rd item down, for quite some time, is MTV's Daria. A spin-off of Beavis and Butt-head, the show's only seen a pair of minor DVD releases back in 2002: Daria - The Movie: Is It Fall Yet? and Daria - Is It College Yet?. For the past seven years there's been no further word...until now!

Marty Day, who runs the website Blast-O-Rama.com, received an early copy yesterday of another long-awaited MTV program, The State. Marty's e-mail to us, describing what happened next, just about says it all: "Popped in the first disc, and wouldn't you know it, the DVD starts with an ad promoting Daria hitting DVD in 2010. I guess they're following one 'couldn't be done' release with another! Marty was also kind enough to send us a screen capture as proof...we've got that below!

This is incredible news for the thousands of registered members of this site, who have voted for Daria to get a proper release on DVD. We're obviously going to be keeping a sharp eye out for more info about this 2010 DVD release, so stay tuned and we'll update you!
Source: Daria DVD news: Coming Soon info for Daria | TVShowsOnDVD.com
Old 07-26-2009, 08:37 AM
Elite Fan

This is awesome news! I really hope it comes to DVD!

Old 07-26-2009, 10:35 PM
Elite Fan

Same. But I do wonder about the music copyrights.

Though it's my fault for not finding out about this sooner. I just recently got back in to watching Daria on YouTube.
Old 11-04-2009, 06:04 PM
Elite Fan

‘Sesame Street’ Celebrates 40 Years: Wake-Up Video MTV Newsroom

'Sesame Street' Celebrates 40 Years: Wake-Up Video

40 years ago, a show premiered on PBS that essentially gave birth to the concept of television for children. "Sesame Street" sought to cram a handful of lessons about numbers, words, sharing and tolerance by depicting a slightly fantasized life for a group of kids living in an inner-city setting. Using humor, animation and music, "Sesame Street" proved that television could be used as an educational tool and still hold the attention of hyperactive kids. (It could easily be argued that no show has ever done it better.)

"Sesame Street" also provided the leg up that Jim Henson needed that turned the Muppets into household names. Big Bird, Oscar the Grouch and a cast of dozens more not only became well-known to children but also entered into the greater pop culture lexicon. The remarkable thing about the Muppets remains their total integration into the normal human world (like Cookie Monster appearing as a guest on "The Martha Stewart Show" or Lady Gaga bringing Kermit the Frog as her date to the 2009 MTV Video Music Awards).

The show has also become a conduit for other branches of pop culture. (They say you haven't really made it as a star until you're a guest voice on "The Simpsons," but the "Sesame Street" cameo is also worth a fortune in cultural caché.) Plenty of musical acts have appeared next to Big Bird, some of whom seemed to come from way outside of the box: Red Hot Chili Peppers, Backstreet Boys, Beyoncé, R.E.M., Gene Simmons, Ice-T and the late Michael Jackson have all appeared on the show in some form or another. The best musical cameo of the past few seasons was when Feist appeared to sing a slightly tweaked version of her hit "1234" (sample lyric: "One, two, three, four/ Penguins who were by the door"). Really, it's remarkable that the original song wasn't written expressly for the show.

Yahoo to 40 years of Sesame Street and many, many more!

Old 11-04-2009, 06:06 PM
Master Fan

I saw the Google logo! Congrats to Sesame Street on their 40th anniversary!
Old 11-04-2009, 06:17 PM
Elite Fan

This one?

Old 11-05-2009, 12:26 AM
Elite Fan

Crazy on how long it's been on!

Speaking of Google logos.

Old 11-05-2009, 07:37 AM
Elite Fan

That Daria news is great to hear. I've been waiting on that one for a long time now.
Old 11-06-2009, 12:13 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~+Yamiko (View Post)
Crazy on how long it's been on!

Speaking of Google logos.

By far my most favorite one.

Google has Burt & Ernie today:

Old 11-06-2009, 12:17 PM
Elite Fan

I'm tempted to use one of them in to an avie.

Alan, here's hoping that if they didn't get the music scores (some copyright issues going on), that the episodes come out uncut because they had cut out some scenes in episodes when they aired it on Noggin.
Reply   Post New Thread