Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-14-2004, 12:52 PM
Master Fan

Board Customization - Please Read

Hi everyone,

The Fan Forum Graphics Team is in the process of customizing message boards and now it's your turn! Please post any picture and color suggestions that you have on this thread. We would also appreciate it if you could let us know which characters you’d like to see in the board graphic. Any help is appreciated, but we ask that you please do not post pictures directly onto this thread, as that will severely slow down the load time for people with slower connections.

Also, while you're welcome to submit graphics for consideration, do not post graphic submissions directly onto this thread. If you have a graphic that you would like to be considered for this board, please PM it to me. Please remember to make all graphics at 230*100, and include the name of the board on the graphic. For examples of the graphical style that we’re looking for, check out the recently customized boards, like Scrubs, or Queer Eye etc. Basically, we would like the border of the graphic to blend into a solid background, as you can see on the recently customized boards. You’re allowed to submit as many sample graphics as you like. Please upload the graphics you make to a website, preferably to a place that allows outside linking like photobucket.com, and send me the link. We'll select the best submissions and post them along with the graphics that the team makes to be voted on by you, the posters.

You'll be allowed to vote for your favorite graphic in a few weeks from today, and it’ll continue for a few days at which point the thread will be closed and we will immediately start customizing your board.

Your votes and suggestions for possible colors and the best graphic will be taken into serious consideration, but in the interest of seeing every board receive the best customized look possible, the final decision concerning how this board will be customized will be made by the members of the Graphics Team, because we want to make sure that the selected graphic and colors fit into the overall design scheme that we've established for Fan Forum.

If you have any questions, comments or suggestions about this process, or if you are interested in joining the Graphics Team, feel free to PM me.

Thank you for reading this.

Sabrina
Old 09-14-2004, 04:04 PM
Total Fan

Yay! Customization!!

Well... I believe we must have Spider-man, Superman and a X-Men at the graphic. I would say Wolverine, since he's the most famous X-Men around, but then there won't be a woman and I think that we should have a woman at the graphic. So I'd go for Rogue.

Or maybe Spider-man, Superman, Wolverine and Elektra! Hum...

bb,
Samwise
Old 09-14-2004, 06:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

We're getting customized! Oh wow! I'm not sure what I want. There are so many popular characters, I wouldn't know who to suggest.

I'll just trust the graphics team.

The only thing I can suggest is that I don't love black MB's. But that's it.
Old 09-14-2004, 08:19 PM
Total Fan

Hummm... maybe white and black? I mean white background and black lines and font.

Or yellow and red?? Would that be too colored??
Maybe yellow and green... Rogue's uniform!!
I don't know... I can only think about X-Men colors...

bb,
Samwise
Old 09-15-2004, 09:28 AM
Pav
Elite Fan

*whispering blue and red, Superman colours*

Come to see the new fantastic Superman colours of the Tom Welling board. Yellow and red combination would be nice as well.
Old 09-15-2004, 01:49 PM
Total Fan

Some nice Rogue pics...

01 , 02 , 03 , 04 , 05 .

bb,
Samwise
Old 09-15-2004, 11:36 PM
Part-Time Fan

some suggestions.... since this is a comic board, you *have* to have the 2 icons of the comic book industry in Superman and Spiderman... and it's a good representation of Marvel and DC. and for a third character, or a few more, how about some comic strip guys since comic does cover them as well i guess... like say Peanuts or Foxtrot characters. as for colors, anything is better than this gray but how about red/blue in honor of Supes.

Jim Lee's version of Supes...

Marc Bagley doing Spider-Man...

good old Charlie Brown...
Old 09-16-2004, 02:11 PM
Elite Fan

I definitely agree with joeschmo that Jim Lee's version of Superman and Batman are ones that should be used if they are indeed part of the graphic.

I'll have to search my comp for some images I think look cool enough to be included in the graphic. I'll post them later.
Old 09-17-2004, 12:30 AM
Fan Forum Hero

joeschmo, I agree with your suggestions. I'd also like to add maybe a manga character to your list, since we have so many fans here. Or maybe a Sandman or JtHM character to rep indie comics. I'll have to hunt for some graphics too!
Old 09-17-2004, 04:42 AM
Part-Time Fan

i'm not too familiar with manga, but i'm sure you can find a ton of good manga character images to put up. i am partial to Jim Lee's version of Supes, and his Batman isn't shabby either. i posted Bagley's rendition of Spider-Man but Mike Deodato's version looks tighter.

Old 09-18-2004, 06:21 PM
Master Fan

Anyone have any pics of the characters with a very clear shot of the face? Or any sites that may have any for that fact?

.icon.
Old 09-24-2004, 05:26 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Hmm, that's going to be a little hard, b/c a lot of comics pictures tend to be action poses, or pin-ups. But I'll look around, as I'm sure everyone else will too.
Old 09-24-2004, 02:39 PM
Elite Fan

I've been looking around, but I haven't really seen anything I like. I'll keeup looking though.
Old 09-30-2004, 01:34 PM
Elite Fan

Still looking. I've found some interesting pics, but nothing I think looks good enough to submit.
Old 10-03-2004, 06:56 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I haven't had a chance to even look. I guess I'll yield to the taste and judgment of the graphics team. They're been doing great work on everything I've seen so far.

Hmm, I'll just say what I don't want. I'd prefer it be gun and Rob Liefeld free.