Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-12-2010, 11:02 PM
Elite Fan

Beavis and Butthead: Gone couch fishing...

The show centers on two socially inept, heavy metal-loving teenagers, Beavis and Butt-head (both voiced by Judge), who live in the fictional town of Highland, Texas. They attend high school, where their teachers are often at a loss as to how to deal with them, although in many episodes, the two skip school. They occasionally work part-time at Burger World, and sometimes other side-jobs when people mistake their odd behavior as outgoing and assertive. Comedy is derived from their utter lack of conventional values such as work ethic. They are extremely obnoxious, misogynistic, and rude to almost every other character in the show and even to each other. They do not seem to realize this, however and seem to function on an instinctual level. They survive their often hazardous misadventures without serious consequences, though others around them don't fare as well. Mixed within each episode are segments in which Beavis and Butt-head watch music videos and provide humorous and bizarre commentary, improvised by Judge.

In 1996, the series was made into an animated feature film, Beavis and Butt-head Do America.

Who is not ashamed to admit that they liked this show? I'm not. Also, has anyone ever had their parents forbid them not to watch this when they were kids?

As weird and bizzarre the duo are, they tend to make my day for some reason. Or maybe it's because I've been copying episodes to my iPod for my bus rides to school.

No lists for now. Let's just have a general discussion about it since I'm pretty sure for this show, we're going to get a lot of mixed reviews. Just keep it clean at least.

Support List
canflam
Subject87

Last edited by canflam; 08-29-2012 at 02:55 PM
Lain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 05:39 AM
New Fan

I'm surprised no one else here has commented on this thread. This cartoon was really big before.
Old 06-10-2010, 02:11 AM
Elite Fan

I know. Either they weren't around when it aired or they don't like it at all.

In retrospect, this cartoon isn't as bad as the likes of South Park and Family Guy.

I'm curious. What do you like about the show?
Old 06-16-2010, 10:16 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I love this cartoon as a kid. Somehow, I liked it even more after MTV made it more TV friendly.
heyitsrachel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 01:08 PM
Elite Fan

I guess I liked both the old and the slightly dumbed-down. Although I was a little sad when Beavis could no longer say fire because of that one story of the little kid who caused a fire due to the influence of the show...or something like that.

The animation in the early episodes looked rather crude to me as opposed to the later ones. Or at least when comparing Way Down Mexico Way to Animation Sucks.
Old 06-16-2010, 02:59 PM
I am a basketball genius!

Does this show still air anywhere or you watch it other way?
canflam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 03:10 PM
Elite Fan

Possibly MTV2 but I doubt it The only other ways I could suggest is YouTube, Daily Motion, or possibly buy the DVDs.

The DVDs one, I heard rumors of despite it being a Director's Cut, there are significant edits to the episodes aside from their ripping on music videos.
Old 06-21-2010, 11:52 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I wish they would come out with season box sets.
heyitsrachel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 12:08 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah, might be less confusing. Then again, there are episodes that I wonder would see the light of day in release since they were usually controversial and all.
Old 07-13-2010, 10:44 PM
New Fan

I would cast it out as far as I could, then let it fall to the bottom if it is a sandy bottom. Then there are 3 different ways in which I fish a spoon. I let the fish decide which method I use .The first method is to let the lure fall to the bottom and retrieve by slowly raising the rod tip, then dropping it back down and reeling in the slack, then repeating until the lure gets in.The other method is to "hop" the lure on the bottom in short hops.Basically you employ the same methods as the first but you use shorter and quicker raises of your rod tip and a little faster reeling in. The third method if the first two aren't working is to just reel in keeping the lure off the bottom. This is the method you will need to use if it is a rocky shore line and you don't wish to snag your lure in the rocks. One of these methods should work, but even if the fish aren't biting it was better then sitting on the couch and watching T.V.

Good luck!
RoseJan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 10:50 PM
Elite Fan

Um...hi. Actually, the thread title is in reference to an episode of Beavis and Butthead where the two aforementioned characters sit on the arm rest of their couch and cast their poles out the window. Ironically, they do have success in snagging several items and playing tricks on people.

ETA: Crossover post from news thread. But here's hoping.

“Beavis and Butt-head” Back to MTV with new episodes! | San Diego Entertainer Magazine

“Beavis and Butt-head” Back to MTV with new episodes!

Posted by Rochelle H. Emert on July 15, 2010 · 2 Comments

The two dimwitted heavy-metal fans, Beavis and Butt-head, from the fictional town of Highland may be back with new adventures and wise-ass comments reminiscent of the MTV before Laguna Beach and The Hills.

Supposedly Creator Mike Judge has been working on 30 new episodes to return to MTV in the show’s original crude style. Though MTV has not released any official comment on the project, the New York Post claims to have confirmed the hopeful speculations with a source at MTV. This move would be characteristic of MTV, who has plans to increase the percent of scripted or animated shows to “diversify” the otherwise, heavy-reality TV programming.

Motivations for resurrecting the classic slacker characters after 13 year of hiatus go beyond appeasing the show’s die-hard fan group who immortalized the duo’s many pearls of wisdom, which often included phrases such as, “ass-munch, “fart-knocker,” or “butt-hole,” followed by uncontrollable laughter or awkward pelvic-thrusting dance moves.

In an attempt to backtrack from its well-earned reality-TV reputation to the days when MTV used to broadcast (you guessed it!) music videos, MTV would do well to bring back Beavis and Butt-head, the rocker teens who spent much of their time on their couch cleverly praising and criticizing music videos between stints frying stuff at Burger World and trying to score chicks. This time though, instead of criticizing Vanilla Ice, they’ll be taking aim at the music videos of Justin Bieber and Lady Gaga. The return of Beavis and Butt-head very well means the return of music videos to MTV.

In preparation for the coming return of the kids who laughed at every sexual reference, (especially those of you who chuckled at the word “coming”) you can watch volumes 1 and 2 of the Mike Judge Collection on the MTV Beavis and Butt-head website.

Now to pay tribute to the eccentric, the overly caffeinated… the Great Cornholio.

Last edited by Lain; 07-15-2010 at 11:01 PM
Old 07-16-2010, 12:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~+Yamiko (View Post)
Um...hi. Actually, the thread title is in reference to an episode of Beavis and Butthead where the two aforementioned characters sit on the arm rest of their couch and cast their poles out the window. Ironically, they do have success in snagging several items and playing tricks on people.
I just learned more about fishing than ever before. Still have to see this episode though. Sounds interesting.
Old 07-17-2010, 07:58 PM
Elite Fan

I think I'll agree with you on that. Learn something new everyday.

Check it out when you have the time. It's still up on YouTube.
Old 05-08-2011, 05:55 PM
Master Fan

I loved watching this show. Always cracked me up, they were both so clueless and stupid, but so funny to watch.

I have an employee that could be a dead ringer for Beavis, we joke with him all the time.

darylbeth
Ice Queen follower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 06:01 PM

Have you seen their movie?
Reply   Post New Thread