Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-15-2012, 08:49 AM
Master Fan

I had the same worries about Korra since I loved Aang and his peaceful ways and wasn't sure how I'd take to an Avatar that was more focused on the fighting and being great in that way, but I'm loving her so far. I was sort of worried that she'd be kind of obnoxious and cocky, but she's more so just stubborn and stands up for what she believes in, and there's nothing wrong with that. And, yeah, it's great to have another strong female role come on screen.
Old 04-15-2012, 03:32 PM
I am a basketball genius!

I missed it yesterday. Darn it. Completely spaced it, because of the NHL Playoffs.
Old 04-15-2012, 07:05 PM
Loyal Fan

It was AWESOME!
Old 04-16-2012, 02:18 PM

Do you know when about episode 2 will air?
Old 04-16-2012, 02:37 PM
Loyal Fan

Technically the hour-long premiere was 2 episodes. But the next episode airs this Saturday, April 21 @ 11:00 A.M. EST on Nickelodeon.

Last edited by Raif; 04-16-2012 at 02:56 PM
Old 04-18-2012, 03:31 PM

Thanks.
Old 04-20-2012, 10:05 AM
Master Fan

Aww I've finally watched the episodes. TEARS everywhere. :') I can't wait for more.

I love everyone so far,but I have to say I was not expecting to really fall in love immediately with Tenzin! He's just the coolest He's got material to beat Zuko's uncle.

I wish I lived in the USA so I could watch it tomorrow like you

SargeantFuzzyBoots I know it's late but I'm going to put your choices in the OP,sorry I've disappeared but I did not know when the first two episodes were available and I was so afraid of reading any spoiler I have avoided all things about Avatar in general

Icon

Last edited by Zefiro; 04-20-2012 at 10:11 AM
Old 04-20-2012, 12:40 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zefiro (View Post)

I love everyone so far,but I have to say I was not expecting to really fall in love immediately with Tenzin! He's just the coolest He's got material to beat Zuko's uncle.

I wish I lived in the USA so I could watch it tomorrow like you

SargeantFuzzyBoots I know it's late but I'm going to put your choices in the OP,sorry I've disappeared but I did not know when the first two episodes were available and I was so afraid of reading any spoiler I have avoided all things about Avatar in general
Iroh was my favourite from the original series, so it's no surprise to me that Tenzin is becoming my favourite for Legend of Korra.

And thanks for adding those. Everyone should take a look at the gifs that are linked a few pages back if they'd like anymore added.

I don't live in the US either, so I'm hoping I'll be able to watch it online somewhere. Also, on the Nick website, the Republic City Interactive feature has added more information about the different locations and characters that we've met and will met for anyone who's interested.
Old 04-21-2012, 11:29 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Iroh was my favourite from the original series, so it's no surprise to me that Tenzin is becoming my favourite for Legend of Korra.
Aw, I can't pick a favourite I can't think of anyone I dislike completely! Perhaps Zuko's father? Yeah, Ozai wasn't really lovable or likeable at all. Aw,and the cheating general of the Dai Li in the Earth Kingdom.
Speaking of which I've just remembered Bosco the bear in all his awesomeness :')

We should do a live rewatch all together here I miss the Gaang,even though I'm loving Korra all the same.

Icon
Old 04-21-2012, 12:21 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zefiro (View Post)
Aw, I can't pick a favourite I can't think of anyone I dislike completely! Perhaps Zuko's father? Yeah, Ozai wasn't really lovable or likeable at all. Aw,and the cheating general of the Dai Li in the Earth Kingdom.
Speaking of which I've just remembered Bosco the bear in all his awesomeness :')

We should do a live rewatch all together here I miss the Gaang,even though I'm loving Korra all the same.
We totally should! I love Korra, too, but it's constantly making me nostalgic for the original series. It's 'cause of all those dang statues of everyone they have towering over Republic City.

Iroh definitely comes out as my favourite character, but pretty much everyone else is tied for second. But, yeah, except for Ozai and Long Feng.
Old 04-21-2012, 03:38 PM

Did you enjoy today's episode? I only saw the 2nd half of it, but was pretty good. Excited to see episode 4. Since I missed the first 2 episodes haven't gotten up to speed on all the characters yet. So far I know 1 of you is a fan of Korra. Are the rest of you fans of Korra, Amon, or neither?
Old 04-22-2012, 11:27 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SargeantFuzzyBoots (View Post)
We totally should! I love Korra, too, but it's constantly making me nostalgic for the original series. It's 'cause of all those dang statues of everyone they have towering over Republic City.

Iroh definitely comes out as my favourite character, but pretty much everyone else is tied for second. But, yeah, except for Ozai and Long Feng.
the Gaang.
Quote:
Did you enjoy today's episode? I only saw the 2nd half of it, but was pretty good. Excited to see episode 4. Since I missed the first 2 episodes haven't gotten up to speed on all the characters yet. So far I know 1 of you is a fan of Korra. Are the rest of you fans of Korra, Amon, or neither?
I still have to watch it,I'm glad you enjoyed it so far canflam About the first two episodes I think it's not difficult finding them on the internet since they've basically broadcast them first on the web and then on tv.
Who's Amon by the way? I don't think it's a character that was also in the first two episodes So far I love Korra,though,I'll let you know what I think about of Amon when I see him

Icon
Old 04-22-2012, 11:30 AM
Master Fan

Amon was in the first episode, but only for about two seconds at the end. This third episode features him much more heavily. I think he's a really cool villain and he's a very ambiguous character which adds to his creepiness and darkness; personality-wise and based on the methods he's using to achieve equality, I don't like him, but still such an interesting character.
Old 04-23-2012, 07:23 AM
Master Fan

Dead and buried.

OMG,people who played at Legend of Korra on the Nick.com are saying that in the game it turns out that Zuko is still alive too.

Excuse me,all the feelings He's retired god knows where and left the reign to his daughter(girl power ).
I don't know if we're going to meet him or anything,it's just good to know there's also someone else beside Katara
He must be 86 or 87

*Back to the episode*
I like this plot. In the previous series everything involved bending basically,it makes sense that sooner or later other people would have started being upset.
Amon....well,I'm curious to see his face.Literally dying.

And At Mako and Korra,seriously. Subtetly is not their style,apparently.

Icon

Last edited by Zefiro; 04-23-2012 at 11:18 AM
Old 04-23-2012, 03:50 PM
Master Fan

I know! I was so happy when I saw that. Just The Gaang lives on! Now at least one statue in Republic City won't make me want to cry. Well, I guess we don't know if Toph is still alive or not, but I get the feeling that she's passed on. I don't think age could ever stop her from being in command of the metalbender cops.

And, yeah, I'm really enjoying the plot, too. Like Amon mentioned, bending has been the cause of every war in every era, but it's always been bender VS bender, so it's refreshing to see a conflict like this one.

And, yeah, the Mako/Korra romance is certainly taking shape very quickly, though, when you think about it, Aang/Katara was established in episode one right from the first meeting with the penguin sledding, so I guess Mike and Bryan like to get these things started quickly. I do like that we're not seeing either of them with a definite crush just yet and they're becoming more friends first and slowly gaining respect for the other and moving out of the bickering stage; it'd seem weird to me if Korra was already in full blown crush mode since she's been annoyed by Mako's abruptness thus far. But I really liked their blossoming friendship in this episode.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread