Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-16-2004, 08:39 AM
Total Fan

80's Retro Revivals!

Some of them (Transformers) are better than others (Thundercats), but it's undeniable that 80's revivals have hit comics in a big way.

Most recently, Ghostbusters has made its push for relevance once again. Having just seen Ghostbusters II, I'm really excited. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Edited: Also, some more preview covers/artwork has been released!

[ 03-16-2004: Message edited Headhunter ]
Old 03-16-2004, 11:16 AM
Elite Fan

I think that the Ghostbusters comic is an excellent idea. There are endless storylines that could be used. I hope that one is good. The art looks great.

I agree that some of them are hit and miss. I enjoyed the Transformers comics much more than either the GI Joe or Thundercats ones. I have a couple issues of Dragon's Lair, but I never read them. I don't know if they are good or not. Plus, the He-Man cartoon isn't as good as I had hoped, so I haven't really gotten into the comics as a result.
Old 03-16-2004, 02:19 PM
Total Fan

I'm one of the few that enjoyed (what little I saw of) Extreme Ghostbusters, hope the new characters introduced there get some love.

I had the same problem, accumulating 80's spinoff comics and not reading them. Gotta catalogue my Transformers (Dreamwave) issues together and sell off runs on eBay...
Old 03-16-2004, 03:43 PM
Extreme Fan

I only bought into Thundercats of all the retro titles. Not really interested in them. But Ghostbusters I'll definitely check out! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2004, 04:30 PM
Total Fan

Bought Thundercats #1 when it came out, never read and no idea where it is... [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

I'm still waiting for a spinoff comic for C.O.P.S. to come around. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 03-16-2004, 09:51 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Headhunter:
<STRONG>Bought Thundercats #1 when it came out, never read and no idea where it is... [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

I'm still waiting for a spinoff comic for C.O.P.S. to come around. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]</STRONG>
Hehe...then they can come out with a Paw Paw Bears or a Snorks comic. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 03-16-2004, 11:14 PM
Total Fan

Or Smurfs, or The Racoons, maybe some Tale Spin...the possibilities are endless!
Old 03-17-2004, 10:13 AM
Elite Fan

Yeah buddy. I would read a Shirt Tales or a Gummi Bears comic...of course I'm a little childish sometimes. [img]smilies/crazy.gif[/img]
Old 03-17-2004, 09:06 PM
Total Fan

Why not bust out the Care Bears while we're at it? 5...4...3...2...1!