Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 10-23-2003, 12:50 PM
Master Fan

oh you have to get it and you have to watch the special features - Keanu is so absolutely gorgeous in it! He's really funny talking about the making of! I just watched it for the first time yesterday!
Old 12-13-2003, 01:09 AM
Loyal Fan

I love this movie and his character. It has many funny scenes (loooove the jail one) and Keanu's as hot as ever.

About the link posted (thanks so much!). It's really interesting and also the girl gets sarcastic quite often which is better, but I was...I don't know how to put it, but to think he was sleeping with an extra while his girlfriend was expecting his child is a little too much for my taste. Not that I can't enjoy his work or anything but still.

Maybe it's just 'cause it got me off guard. It'll pass, I adore him [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img].

[ 12-13-2003: Message edited Clau741 ]
Old 12-15-2003, 09:58 AM
Fan Forum Hero

The Welsh actor is Rhys Ifans. His love interest was played by Brooke Langton.

My major problem with this movie was that it was so anti unions. I'm a union gal myself. Plus, it was hypocrisy. Everyone involved in that movie was a union member.

But overall I liked it. I thought the stripper cheerleaders were funny.
Old 01-17-2004, 10:52 AM
Total Fan

I've rented The Replacements today, I can't wait for tomorrow when I'm going to watch it! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 01-17-2004, 04:59 PM
Fan Forum Star

I still havene't seen this movie or Hardball, either! [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]

Sasha
Old 01-21-2004, 07:01 AM
Total Fan

You should definately see it as soon as possible! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

I loved the movie! I rented it out mainly because of Keanu, but it tured out to be the funniest movie I saw in a while! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

All the characters are great and very pleasant to watch. Nigel (I think that's the name, the Welsh guy) was hilarious! [img]smilies/rotfl.gif[/img] The ending was a bit sad (atleast to me it was) but as soon as they started dancing around on that football field I couldn't help but laugh. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Keanu was awesome as Shane, I really liked the chemistry between him and Brooke Langton ('Annabelle') and his scenes with Gene Hackman were great! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] I loved the intro scene with him playing football under water! [img]smilies/sigh.gif[/img]

I could never pick a favourite scene in the movie, there were so many! The puking scene before the first game, dancing in jail, the pro football players turning Shane's car over, looking at 'a fat guy score' and many, many more! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 01-22-2004, 07:31 PM
Passionate Fan

WARNING: This post contains lots and lots of spoilers!

Does anyone mind us posting spoilers? I guess it would be okay since this is the movie's discussion thread, right? Let us know if you don't want to be spoiled. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Tery - Nigel! Yeah, he's really funny...and...wirery! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] I love the way the coach is trying to say it: wirery! "Say it. Wirery." [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

I'm like Tery, could not pick a favorite scene. I think he does have good chemistry with Annabel. The scene where she's putting on the wild yam lotion on Shane was delivered so naturally. I thought they did a really good job.

Annabel: "...it's gonna be a little..."
Shane: "COLD!"
[img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] Love it!

And the dancing scene in jail! OMG!! How cute was Keanu trying to dance?!!! I always have to rewind at least three times to watch him attempt to keep up with the rest. [img]smilies/rotfl.gif[/img]

NANDESCAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!

[img]smilies/silver_hand.gif[/img]

Eliza

(icon by Me)
Old 01-24-2004, 07:03 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by *Eliza (Liz):
<STRONG>Nigel! Yeah, he's really funny...and...wirery! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] I love the way the coach is trying to say it: wirery! "Say it. Wirery." [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]</STRONG>
I loved that part! [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] Have you seen the movie on DVD? Somebody said in an interview in the 'Special Features' section that the actor who played the coach really couldn't say the word wirery and then Gene Hackman and him adedd the whole 'wirery' part. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Quote:
<STRONG>I think he does have good chemistry with Annabel. The scene where she's putting on the wild yam lotion on Shane was delivered so naturally. I thought they did a really good job.</STRONG>
Yeah, definately! I also loved the scene where she gives him a lift home (right after Annabele's wild driving [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] ) and says that she doesn't date football players.

Shane: Not even quaterbacks?
Annabelle: Especially not quarterbacks. You guys are the biggest babies of all. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Quote:
<STRONG>And the dancing scene in jail! OMG!! How cute was Keanu trying to dance?!!! I always have to rewind at least three times to watch him attempt to keep up with the rest. [img]smilies/rotfl.gif[/img]</STRONG>
I know!!! [img]smilies/love.gif[/img] Most of the actors knew all the moves and were very well syncronised. And then there was Keanu... [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
Old 01-24-2004, 03:50 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally posted by Tery:
<STRONG>I know!!! [img]smilies/love.gif[/img] Most of the actors knew all the moves and were very well syncronised. And then there was Keanu... [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]</STRONG>
[img]smilies/rotfl.gif[/img] Now I've got to see this movie!

Sasha
Old 01-28-2004, 04:50 PM
Total Fan

[img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] Of course you do! You get to see Keanu dancing, diving, topless, ... oh, yeah, and playing football! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] [img]smilies/drool.gif[/img]
Old 05-24-2004, 06:55 PM
Master Fan

oh I love keanu as shane falco - I have to do some screencaps
Old 05-24-2004, 10:15 PM
Fan Forum Star

I still haven't seen this movie. I've only seen the end where the song "Hero" is played.

Sasha
Old 05-25-2004, 07:06 AM
Master Fan

omg you have to see it - Keanu in a football uniform - grr I can't find the old screencaps I did of him! very cute
Old 05-25-2004, 04:04 PM
Total Fan

Yeah, you have to Sasha! Too bad you can't find your screencaps Kim, but I managed to find some:

I bought The Replacements DVD about 2 months ago and I was thrilled after I watched the extra features! Keanu's interview is so cute!

Also, the movie was aired on Croatian tv for the first time this Saturday. All my friends watched it and they all loved it of course!
Old 05-25-2004, 04:05 PM
Total Fan