Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 01-29-2004, 04:29 PM
Master Fan

Liz: Oh man I couldnt stand playing baseball. I was a pretty good hitter but I couldnt stand all that bloody waiting.

Tery: I never took physics, thank goodness. Oh and hey, Im only five feet tall, and I still loved being in the bball team for three years. Trust me, as long as youre fast enough, the height almost makes no difference.
Old 01-29-2004, 05:14 PM
Total Fan

Still, I was never good at taking the ball away from my opponent... [img]smilies/goof.gif[/img]

Hey, we're almost at the end of the thread. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] Anybody got any ides for the new title? [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]
Old 02-03-2004, 03:32 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by spikearrin:
<STRONG>Man Tery, that sounds like a long arse movie. Glad its getting more interesting though.</STRONG>
We finished watching it yesterday! [img]smilies/roller.gif[/img] A boring ending to a boring movie. [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] The worst thing is, we're going to spend the next few lessons discussing it. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] It's torture I tell ya'!
Old 02-23-2004, 07:56 AM
Total Fan

Hey guys! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Have any of you seen Cold Mountain?
I have, this Friday, and I loved the movie! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] Me and my friends spent literally an hour (it not more) discussing it afterwards. [img]smilies/glow.gif[/img]
Old 02-25-2004, 01:19 PM
Part-Time Fan

"The Sun Also Rises" is that the book where the girl falls for the bullfighter in Spain and the characters sit around and drink alot. [img]smilies/confused.gif[/img] It has been some time since I read the book.

I have not seen Cold Mountain, but I may have to. I love movies that require discussions afterwards.
Old 02-25-2004, 02:38 PM
Total Fan

Yup, that's the book! [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] We've been learning about Hemingway and The Lost Generation on our English class and I actually appreciate the plot of the movie/book more now that I know something about his life. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Cold Mountain's pretty long, but I found it extremely interesting. It had a lot of drama in it and for the first time in my life, after the movie ended, all the people just packed up and left without saying a word! [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] It was so quiet... you could tell everyone was impressed with the movie.

Then again, one of my friends saw it the day after and she didn't like it and thought it was too long... [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

[ 02-25-2004: Message edited Tery ]
Old 02-28-2004, 11:12 PM
Master Fan

Ive read the Sun Also Rises. Nearly fell asleep a million times. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
Old 03-10-2004, 02:51 PM
Total Fan

Liz, I was wondering, how are we doing with the board traffic? It's been pretty low lately. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] Also, do you know when there will be another 'evaluation' of the boards?
Old 03-10-2004, 08:01 PM
Loyal Fan

Ditto on the 'low lately' [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]. Where's everyone?. Don't get life get in the way people! [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]. Just come here and have some fun with us [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 03-11-2004, 10:43 AM
Passionate Fan

Hey guys!! Sorry I haven't been around that much. I lurk and check the boards, but I just don't have time to post that much anymore. I'll try. Since the question was posed, I'll let you know that yes, the posting has decreased some, but we are not doing so bad. Let's just keep posting...(Yes, I'm telling myself that, too! hehehe). I don't know when the next post evaluation will be. They did say it was going to be twice a year, so it will be a while before the next one, I figure. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

I must go see Cold Mountain. I hear really good things about it. I went to see The Passion of The Christ twice (Don't know how I endured it the second time, but...) and people were leaving the theater with red eyes and in silence. You could hear a pin drop. It was such an amazing movie! It was so painful to watch, but it opened my eyes and made me aprreciate more what Jesus did for me. Some of you may not be Christian, so I do apologize if I sound like I'm preaching. I'm not. Just sharing some of my thoughts on the movie. I think Mel did an amazing job directing and Jim Caviezel was excellent as Jesus. The whole cast was great. I loved it!

On a lighter note...who's seen Havana Nights? It's not Dirty Dancing, but I really enjoyed it. Fluffy and lovey-dovey and the dancing was really cool. It persuaded me to take up Salsa dancing lessons. Hopefully, I'll start in April. I'm so excited! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

(icon by Me)
Old 03-11-2004, 09:12 PM
Loyal Fan

Here 'Passion..' will arrive soon but I'm afraid to see it due its supposed violence. Liz what do you say? Did you find it violent? Compared to what for example? I really want to see it but I'm impressionable so...