Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by S.A.S.H.A.
Neo is too perfect for words.

Sasha
I agree
Old 08-07-2004, 02:30 PM
Master Fan

I've never understood why the brothers didn't come out and do interviews what was it to keep the mystery

Did anybody think that the 2nd movie with Trinity and Neo in that 5 min sex scene was reall stupid and irrelevant

Old 08-08-2004, 10:38 AM
Fan Forum Star

Well, I personally didn't mind briefly seeing a nekkid Neo from behind.

Sasha
Old 08-10-2004, 08:58 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by S.A.S.H.A.
Well, I personally didn't mind briefly seeing a nekkid Neo from behind.

Sasha
Me neither....semi naked Keanu is always good.
Old 08-10-2004, 08:03 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Orton
Did anybody think that the 2nd movie with Trinity and Neo in that 5 min sex scene was reall stupid and irrelevant
According to a comment made by Keanu (I think! ), that scene was there to show the closeness and connection Trinity and Neo had. I can see why they incorporated it in the movie. It shows the real love and need for each other that they have. There was no gratuitous nudity in there. The scene was done beautifully and I could see how much care Keanu took of Carrie-Anne. But, that's just my humble opinion.

(icon by Me)
Old 08-18-2004, 05:07 AM
Master Fan

I can't belive I haven't been here eariler! I love the Matrix and I love Neo in it. I've become a Neo-worshipper because of the movie. Neo is too amazingly perfect in the trilogy. He had imperfections; but it was these imperfections that made him perfect. If you get what I mean...

I loved the first Matrix. No question there. It had amazing fight scenes, belivable characterizations, interesting philosophy to think about, and Keanu as for the sequels, I think that Reloaded wasn't as bad as everyone made it out to be, in fact it was pretty cool and as for Revolutions, I didn't like it much because it had 'dumbed down' to become a normal action show. Of course, it was an action show that had jaw-droppingly cool fights and it provided more insight into the Matrix world, but still. I didn't like the ending, nor the way Agent Smith devolved from a really, really scary guy in Matrix to someone who wen't "no, no, no...it wasn't sopposed to be like this" in Revolutions. That made me sad. So to answer someone's question, I would've preferred the brothers to not have the sequels because the first was the best, but at the same time I'm grateful for the sequels because they gave us more insight into the Matrix, as well as the characters.

As for the fight scenes...
The Matrix: I loved it all. But I especially liked the dodging bullets and entering the building scene
The Matrix Reloaded: I liked the smaller fight scenes, such as the one between Neo and Separah (sp?), as well as the one between Merovingian's men
The Matrix Revolutions: same here. Didn't love the 'bigger' ones. I liked the part when Trinity, Morpheus and the rest went to see Merovingian and get Neo back

As for the sex scene, I couldn't see all of it because Reloaded was censored in parts of that scene. However it was cool in the sense that from what I saw, it was there for a reason and not so to make people more interested just because there's sex.

Gwen
Old 08-20-2004, 05:57 PM
Master Fan

Fair enough I just kinda though I get it lets move on now

See I loved Neo all the way but the third and last movie was a disappointment to me. The last movies did but Neo was still Neo

Orton

Old 08-24-2004, 02:47 PM
Elite Fan

I agree. The 3rd wasn't as good as I hoped but Neo was still great.
Old 08-31-2004, 02:49 PM
Master Fan

See for me I was so hyped that Matrix was coming out (the second one) that when I watched it... it was brilliant. But when my brother bought the VHS home, and I re watched it I was like... I was hyped out for this
But when the third one came out I was like whatever! it was such a they really did ruin an amazing concept with the last 2 movies. However my opinion don't shoot me
Though I hated flying Neo we get that enough from Marvel comics

Orton
xxx

Old 09-05-2004, 04:26 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Orton

Though I hated flying Neo we get that enough from Marvel comics
ITA! He seemed more human in the first one, where he was still learning how to deal with his powers...and logically there's a problem too. If Reloaded took place (in the Matrix world) only six months after the first ended, then how did he manage to learn how to fly that fast? I agree it looks real good on CGI but still. CGI isn't everything, and I didn't like the way they sacrificed the plotline for the graphics, especially in Revolutions.
Old 09-05-2004, 08:10 PM
Elite Fan

He must've learnt to fly pretty fast.
Old 09-06-2004, 06:47 AM
Fan Forum Star

I didn't have a problem with the flying. I thought it was awesome. He flew at the very end of the first Matrix, so it seemed logical to me that he would be flying a lot more six months later in the sequels.

Sasha
Old 09-07-2004, 07:01 PM
Master Fan

Its not the flying per say it was just he kept on flying all over the joint. Even when he was having his last fight with Smith... The end flying was cool you were like Whoa! but then it got boring

Quote:
CGI isn't everything, and I didn't like the way they sacrificed the plotline for the graphics, especially in Revolutions
Exactly what they did... they lost their way

Orton

Old 09-07-2004, 08:59 PM
Master Fan

ooh I love flying Neo
Old 09-07-2004, 09:21 PM
Total Fan

I too didn't like the flying Neo very much, but I don't think they overused it in the sequels so it didn't mind it at all. He used his flying skills once in Revolutions (the final fight with Smith) and 5 times in Reloaded I think - the first when he went to visit the Oracle, the second when he escaped from the Smiths, the third when he saved Morpheus and the Keymaker, the fourth when he saved Morpheus from the Smiths and the fifth to save Trinity's life. I find the first one to be rather uneccesary, but it was to show us what Neo can do now. The other ones I'm okay with.