Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 12-01-2003, 09:49 PM
Addicted Fan

Kevin Lomax Appreciation: Because Satan is his *daddy*, man!

I can't believe there's no thread for this. My pain knows no bounds! This is a classic Keanu movie, this was opposite Pacino!

Quote:
Defence attorney Kevin Lomax has never lost one single case. He is invited to New York to work for a big law firm ruled by senior board member John Milton, who showers him with wealth and feeds his vanity. Kevin's wife just wants to have a baby and is distressed by Kevin always being on a case and never at home. She starts to lose her grip on reality - or so it seems. Kevin Lomax is about to find out about his true heritage and the grand scheme John Milton is running from his penthouse apartment.
IMDB Link

Now... If you've seen this movie, talk to me! What did you like, what didn't you? If you haven't, talk anyway!

the artist formerly known as [stardevi]
Old 12-04-2003, 10:56 AM
Total Fan

I can't believe I still haven't seen this movie! [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] [img]smilies/embarrassment.gif[/img]

In 2 weeks, when my winter holidays start, I'm definately renting it out! I don't really have time to watch it now 'cause I'm too busy with school. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]
Old 12-04-2003, 07:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I love this one too. Keanu was great.

The love scene between him and CT was so hot. [img]smilies/glow.gif[/img]

Our man in a suit. [img]smilies/drool.gif[/img]

Overall the movie had a good message in the end too.
Old 12-04-2003, 10:55 PM
Master Fan

Which is what? It really is true that evil men are the good looking ones? [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 12-05-2003, 07:54 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally posted by spikearrin:
<STRONG>Which is what? It really is true that evil men are the good looking ones? [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]</STRONG>
[img]smilies/hotpinkie.gif[/img] YES! [img]smilies/evil_laugh.gif[/img] [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
Old 01-22-2004, 07:22 PM
Passionate Fan

"Free will! It's a b**ch!" I love that quote! But it's very true. I guess the movie has several messages, but this one was my favorite. We were given free will. And I'm glad Kevin chose the right path. Sure, he was a little vain at the end, but I know he will keep doing the right thing.

***SPOILER WARNING!***
My favorite angsty part was when Mare was in the hospital and she stabs herself in the neck. The way Keanu shows his desperation and his frustration for not being able to help her was amazing. Then, when he is crying and screaming for her to stay alive...that part just made my heart break and my eyes leak!
My favorite sexy part was at the beginning, when they're celebrating Kevin's win on the molesting teacher's case. When Mare and Kevin are dancing and he's behind her and he starts kissing her back and starts going down and then bites her tooshie! WHOA!! Very sexy!
I loved, loved, LOVED the special effects on the white 3-D mural John Milton had in his "office/bedroom/living quarters" when the people carved in the mural started to come alive. That freaked me out, but I thought it just looked amazing! I don't think there is anything I didn't like about that movie. I enjoyed every moment of it from beginning to end.
***END SPOILER***

Okay, I shared. You guys' turn. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

(icon by Me)
Old 01-27-2004, 04:52 PM
Master Fan

Liz, completely agree. And I dont think you have to do spoiler tags, as the movies been out for years.

But yes, that scene when she attempts suicide and hes banging on the door; twas very powerful. I was reading a lot of Amazon reviews and a lot of people said something along the lines of "Pacino and Theron was great, but the reason this movie is getting only 3 stars is for the utter horridness of Keanus acting". That really angered me. I mean, I admit hes been pretty iffy in some movies, but I thought he was simply brilliant as Kevin. Brilliant. And I loved his accent. I finally realized hes doing a southern accent, and wondered why I hadnt noticed it before. And I realized, I never noticed it because his accent is so natural, it doesnt sound forced at all.
Old 02-06-2004, 12:45 PM
Total Fan

This has got nothing to do with the movie (which, btw, I still haven't seen [img]smilies/redface.gif[/img] ), but I was watching MTV Cribs today and Beyonce said that she has the same bed as in "Devil's Advocate"! [img]smilies/glow.gif[/img]
Old 02-25-2004, 02:14 PM
Part-Time Fan

I love this movie. Keanu in a suit (enough said about that)!! He was amazing. I watch this movie every chance I get. I has just the right creep factor without giving me nightmares (like the picture coming to life) and a great plot. You know that he is just dying inside when she kills herself and he wasn't able to help her.
Old 03-26-2004, 12:31 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally posted by Tery:
<STRONG>This has got nothing to do with the movie (which, btw, I still haven't seen [img]smilies/redface.gif[/img] ), but I was watching MTV Cribs today and Beyonce said that she has the same bed as in "Devil's Advocate"! [img]smilies/glow.gif[/img]</STRONG>
It's nice to see our guy has famous fans! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 03-26-2004, 02:15 PM
Master Fan

Devil's Advocate is one of my favorite movies ever. I've seen it so many times already, I probably know most of the dialogue. Keanu was brilliant in this movie. This is actually the first movie I've seen him in, and it just made me fall in love with him. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-25-2004, 09:26 PM
Master Fan

ugh I love keanu as Kevin Lomax - the movie kind of disturbed me but I love Keanu and Charlize together!
Old 06-02-2004, 09:53 PM
Master Fan

I'm in heaven - watching this right now
Old 06-03-2004, 11:48 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by London2LA
ugh I love keanu as Kevin Lomax - the movie kind of disturbed me but I love Keanu and Charlize together!
Me too - that is part of the reason I so loved Sweet November. He just looks so all business in Devil's Advocate - very sexy.
Old 07-04-2004, 09:27 AM
Total Fan

I just watched this movie last night and it was so awesome. The end was a surprise but a good kinda surprise.
You are my signal fire.
The only resolution and the only joy,
Is the faint spark of forgiveness in your eyes.