Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 05-04-2005, 11:37 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Here are some mentions of the movie and of Keanu and Sandra.

Fashion Gates.com
Sandra Bullock and Keanu Reeves Reunite to Play in II Mare

A duet of Sandra Bullock and Keanu Reeves, who hadn’t acted together since the release of their blockbuster “Speed” in 1994, are to appear in a new Warner Bros. flick II Mare. The shooting is set to begin in March in Chicago, according to Hollywood Reporter.

The movie is a Warner Bros. remake of a 2000 South Korean romantic drama called “Siworae.” No buses this time - II Mare is a story of a lonely doctor played by Bullock, and frustrated architect portrayed by Reeves exchanging romantic letters, but finally discovering that they are separated not only by distance, but also by two years of time.

The movie is based on a screenplay written by Pulitzer-winning writer David Auburn and will be directed by Argentinean Alejandro Agresti.

Killer Movies.com

Sandra Bullock & Keanu Reeves Reteam In 'Il Mare'

Sandra Bullock and Keanu Reeves who appeared in the 1994 Speed are to re-team in the romantic drama Il Mare, according to the Hollywood Reporter

A remake of the Korean feature "Siworae," which also has been known by the title "Il Mare," the romantic drama follows a lonely doctor (Bullock) who begins exchanging love letters with a frustrated architect (Reeves), but they then discover they are separated in time by two years.

Il Mare is to be directed by Argentinean director Alejandro Agresti (Valentin) and is set to begin production in March in Chicago.

Old 05-04-2005, 06:02 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for the articles.

Sasha
Old 05-14-2005, 10:53 AM
Fan Forum Hero

NBC News blurb

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/5899686/

“Nip/Tuck” star Dylan Walsh has joined the cast of the romantic drama “Il Mare,” stepping into a role for which John Corbett had been announced.

The Warner Bros. film, loosely based on the Korean hit “Siworae,” stars “Speed” alumni Sandra Bullock and Keanu Reeves, along with Shohreh Aghdashloo and Christopher Plummer.

Bullock plays a lonely doctor and Reeves a frustrated architect. They live in the same house two years apart and fall in love via letters they exchange through a mailbox that mysteriously bridges time.

“Il Mare” is shooting in Chicago, with Argentinian director Alejandro Agresti at the helm.

Walsh’s feature credits include “We Were Soldiers.” He is shooting David Mamet’s latest feature, “Edmond,” with William H. Macy and Julia Stiles.

And an article from the Korea Times
http://times.hankooki.com/lpage/cult...7270511710.htm
Old 05-14-2005, 02:43 PM
Total Fan

Thanks for the articles!

Anybody watch Nip/Tuck? Is Dylan Walsh okay?
Old 05-14-2005, 05:12 PM
Fan Forum Star

I have no idea who Dylan Walsh is. The first thing that popped into my head was Beverly Hills 90210. Luke Perry's character was Dylan McKay and Jason Priestley's/Shannen Doherty's characters' last name was Walsh.

Sasha
Old 05-15-2005, 12:48 AM
Master Fan

I really like Nip/Tuck. The last episode of last season was really great with a huge cliffhanger, sucks that they take like a year in between seasons though. Anyway, I think he's a good actor.
Old 05-15-2005, 01:14 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy3138
I really like Nip/Tuck. The last episode of last season was really great with a huge cliffhanger, sucks that they take like a year in between seasons though. Anyway, I think he's a good actor.
I think Dylan Walsh is a very good actor so Im very excited he's going to be in this - am even more excited now (if thats possible)
Old 05-15-2005, 01:34 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.A.S.H.A.
I have no idea who Dylan Walsh is. The first thing that popped into my head was Beverly Hills 90210. Luke Perry's character was Dylan McKay and Jason Priestley's/Shannen Doherty's characters' last name was Walsh.
That's what I thought when I read the name too! Too funny!

Glad to hear that he's a good actor, this is going to be such an awesome movie!
Old 05-22-2005, 12:39 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I feel stupid. I just found out about this movie a couple of weeks ago. And I live in Chicago.

I'm so excited about this. Words cannot say how much. I don't know if I can wait 9-10 months.
Old 05-28-2005, 01:17 PM
Fan Forum Hero

http://www.dailysouthtown.com/southt...t/201swyt4.htm

7-year-old to play young Keanu in film

Friday, May 20, 2005

By Michelle Mullins
Correspondent

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Darkening Nickolas Loquercio's hair was all it took to transform him into a young Keanu Reeves.
The Palos Heights 7-year-old doesn't just have the star-quality looks to pass as a boyish Reeves in a movie filming in the Southland. He's also talkative, energetic, funny and smart — everything it takes to be a successful child actor.

"He already thinks he's a movie star," his mom, Kari Loquercio, joked.

Nickolas will be featured in Reeves' upcoming movie, "Il Mare," playing Reeves' character as a boy.

The movie, a remake of a Korean movie, stars Reeves as an architect and Sandra Bullock as a doctor. They begin exchanging love letters but soon discover they are living two years apart in the time-traveling romance.

Some of the movie is being filmed at Maple Lake near Willow Springs, where a large house has been built on the lake's southern shore for the film. Nickolas filmed his part in the movie in two days last month at the Cook County Forest Preserve District lake.

Nickolas said he was not nervous at all during his first movie role, describing the experience as "very fun" and "very exciting."

"I'm going to see myself on TV," he said. "I told my friends. They thought it was amazing."

Nickolas' mom, who accompanied her son to the movie set southwest of 95th Street and Willow Springs Road, said she was awestruck by the experience. More than 200 people were on the bustling set, which had many trailers and an impressive array of cameras and filmmaking equipment — even a phenomenal catered buffet, Kari Loquercio said.

"He got to sit in a trailer," she said of Nickolas. "Everyone was very nice to him. He was treated like a star all day. It was a very positive experience for Nickolas. He's so proud of himself."

Nickolas' rise to stardom began when he was 5 years old. While shopping at Chicago Ridge Mall, he asked his mom if he could enter the New Star Discovery competition that was being held there. New Star Discovery sponsors "beautiful baby" contests for newborns and children up to age 6 throughout the country.

Nickolas won the 5- and 6-year-old division of the regional and state contests, before finishing fourth nationally. He signed with talent agents, who quickly found modeling work for him, and he will soon be featured in upcoming math and music textbooks, Loquercio said.

Nickolas didn't audition for "Il Mare" but was chosen after his agent showed his pictures and resume to Warner Bros. executives.

While Nickolas' role is not a speaking part, his role is important to the story line and flashback scenes, according to his agent, Susan Sherman, with Ambassador Talent Agents Inc., Chicago.

"It's very relevant to the movie," she said. "It's a glimpse of Keanu early in his life."

Sherman said Nickolas acts very professional for his age.

"He's very adaptable," she said. "He's open to new opportunities and that makes him exemplary."

Loquercio said she doesn't know if her son's part will wind up on the cutting room floor.

"We're really looking forward to see how big or how small the part is," she said. "Nonetheless, it was extremely exciting."

Loquercio said she never would have thought to enter her son in the beauty contest if it wasn't his idea. And as long as he's interested in modeling and acting, she will support him, she said.

A first-grade student at Chippewa Elementary School, Nickolas gets straight A's, plays baseball, likes to read and participates in school math competitions.

"Nickolas has such a great personality," his mom said. "He always said he wanted to be on TV. This is all his ambition."
Old 05-28-2005, 09:40 PM
Fan Forum Star

Lucky kid.

Sasha
Old 05-29-2005, 10:20 PM
Pav
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.A.S.H.A.

Sasha

You apparently don't watch Nip/Tuck.

Do I have to say I can't wait?
Old 05-30-2005, 12:47 AM
Fan Forum Star

Nope, I definitely do not watch that show.

Sasha
Old 06-15-2005, 07:54 AM
Fan Forum Hero

http://www.gamblinggates.com/news/wa...mare46091.html

Speed duo Reeves-Bullock reunite for romantic drama

Keanu Reeves and Sandra Bullock, Speed's daredevil duo are reported to be reteaming for Il Mare, a new Warner Bros. Pictures’ romantic drama.

The new movie will be a remake of the Korean flick under the same name. Il Mare tells about a frustrated architect (to be played by Keanu Reeves) a lonely doctor (Sandra Bullock), living in the same house two years apart. The lonely individuals fall in love via letters they exchange through a mailbox that somehow bridges time. The couple find out that love is never easy, particularly when they realise they're living in time zones two years apart. The roles in Il Mare seem to be just for Reeves and Bullock, as we remember them in 1994’s Speed, minus buses, fighting and bombs...

The stakes on Il Mare have risen even higher when David Auburn, a Pulitzer-winning playwright, agreed to pen the script.

http://www.cinematical.com/2005/06/0...al-days-later/

MTV 2005 Movie Awards LIVE Pre-Show (several days later)

Sandra Bullock on the red carpet admits that she's reuniting with Keanu Reeves in a film, commenting, "He was my first and . . . and . . . not in that way." Yeah, sure, Sandy, whatever you say.
Old 06-15-2005, 05:36 PM
Fan Forum Star

Sandra obviously loves Keanu so much.

Sasha