Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 02-03-2005, 04:23 AM
Total Fan

I think the whole movie will be animated, but I'm not 100% sure...

I was estatic when I heard that Keke and Sandy are going to do another project together!! That's just awesome!
Old 02-20-2005, 12:23 AM
Fan Forum Star

A Scanner Darkly Trailer Online

(direct link)

Sasha
Old 02-20-2005, 03:44 PM
Total Fan

Thanks for the link Sasha!

I just watched it! It looks way cooler than I thought it would, and just hearing Keanu's voice was enough to get me excited! I can't wait for this movie! Keanu and Winona both look great animated! You don't get to see much of Robert and Woody in the trailer, but I'm sure they were done just as good!
Old 02-23-2005, 03:08 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Plummer Joins Reeves, Bullock in 'Il Mare'

Christopher Plummer has joined "Speed" alumni Keanu Reeves and Sandra Bullock (news) in the cast of the romantic comedy "Il Mare."

The Warner Bros. project revolves around a lonely doctor (Bullock) and a frustrated architect (Reeves) who live in the same house, only two years apart. They fall in love via letters they exchange through a mailbox that mysteriously links the two of them.

Plummer will play the father of Reeves' character. His recent credits include "Alexander" and "National Treasure."

Argentinian filmmaker Alejandro Agresti ("Valentin") is directing "Il Mare" from a script by Pulitzer Prize-winner David Auburn ("Proof"). "Il Mare" is a remake of a Korean film, "Siworae," which also was released under the title "Il Mare."
link
Old 02-23-2005, 09:45 PM
Fan Forum Star

Christopher Plummer seems to be in so many movies lately. I had no idea he was going to be in National Treasure and Alexander until I saw the movies and went, "Hey, that looks like Christopher Plummer. ::looks closer:: It IS Christopher Plummer!"

Sasha
Old 02-25-2005, 02:00 AM
Master Fan

I can't wait for Il Mare. That is one of the films at the top of my 'Movies I'm Desperate to See'.
I love you.
Old 03-04-2005, 03:01 PM
Total Fan

Sasha, I noticed he was in both of them too! I have a feeling this movie's going to have a great cast!

Mala, I know, it's like that for me too!

Quote:
DCEO: "Il Mare" Open Casting Call

link
Old 03-09-2005, 08:06 PM
Master Fan

Just found this and didn't know if you guys had heard about it or not, so I thought I'd post it.

Quote:
Keanu Reeves to Set Sail as Sinbad
'The Matrix' star is in talks to climb aboard 'The 8th Voyage of Sinbad'.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

March 9 2005
Keanu Reeves looks set to follow his role in the forthcoming fantasy 'Constantine' by playing an equally heroic character in the shape of the world's most famous sailor.

'The 8th Voyage of Sinbad' will see Reeves play the titular legend as he embarks on a quest to find the lamp of Aladdin in eighth-century China.

Along the way Sinbad battles all manner of ferocious creatures, while at the same time finding love in the shape of a beautiful empress.

Rob Cohen ('The Fast and the Furious', 'XXX') is in talks to direct the long-gestating project, while scribe Charlie Mitchell is currently rewriting the script.

Meanwhile, Reeves can be seen in award-winning indie drama 'Thumbsucker', animated Philip K Dick adaptation 'A Scanner Darkly', and comic book epic 'Constantine', which hits UK screens at the end of next week.
From here

SATC
Old 03-09-2005, 10:17 PM
Fan Forum Star

Sounds cool.

Sasha
Old 03-12-2005, 01:14 PM
Master Fan

I wouldn't mind watching Keanu beating down sea creatures at all.

SATC
Old 03-19-2005, 11:34 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
I wouldn't mind watching Keanu beating down sea creatures at all.

I want Constantine 2.And I think the movie didn't really finish so theres hope
Old 03-20-2005, 09:19 AM
Master Fan

Just read this - Keanu is so busy....

Quote:
This isn't job site; gee, it's Hollywood

Keanu Reeves, friends making a movie

Published March 20, 2005

AURORA -- Plumber Hector Saldana Jr. snagged a front-row seat to a live Keanu Reeves performance Tuesday in Aurora without even having to leave his job site.

Saldana, an Aurora native, has been working at Pulte Homes' Madison Park Townes construction site on East New York Street in Aurora for the last five months. But the site really began to buzz Monday when "Hollywood moved in," as Saldana put it.

Reeves was in town working on the romantic comedy "Il Mare (The Sea,)" a remake of a Korean film, in which he plays an architect.

In the Warner Brothers film, Sandra Bullock plays a doctor who exchanges letters with Reeves through a mysterious mailbox. Their connection is a house they both have inhabited, but at different times. Chicago publicist Ernie Malik said the film, written by Pulitzer Prize-winner David Auburn, is set in the city. "We're shooting in Palos Park, Riverside, Willow Springs and at the Park Grill in Chicago's Millennium Park."

The Aurora site was chosen because it had "all phases of construction in one place, and the director wanted a variety of looks," said Malik.

Saldana's co-worker, Ted Wilson of Lockport, said watching the production has been a once-in-a-lifetime experience.

"You got Keanu Reeves standing 10 feet away from you," Wilson said. Saldana said he heard Bullock might appear at the site. Wilson and Saldana said they were disappointed that extras were hired to play construction workers in the scene. "I'd have done it for free," Wilson said.

The movie is scheduled for release around Valentine's Day.
Old 03-20-2005, 09:02 PM
Fan Forum Star

Cool article. Can't wait until Valentine's Day 2006.

Sasha
Old 04-09-2005, 10:27 AM
Total Fan

Thanks for the articles!

Here's some more Sinbad news:

Quote:
Deal Report Exclusive! While setting up his next project, "The 8th Voyage of Sinbad", at Sony, director Rob Cohen (XXX, July's Shealth) looked up famed visual effects master Ray Harryhausen. "I met with him and said, 'I really would be honored if you would be on this, since none of us would be here without you.' What Ray understood in movies like 1958's "The 7th Voyage of Sinbad" was how to do action-fantasy-adventure at a time there was no CG. So he's coming out of retirement to be our creative consultant, our godfather." What convinced the 84-year-old veteran? Keanu Reeves, who will star as the titular hero, sailing to 10th-century, civil-war-torn China. "He just went, 'Oh ,that's so brilliant.' Ray thinks Keanu [could be] the greatest Sinbad ever". All heroes need a beautiful gal pal and Cohen thinks Ziyi Zhang is the one for the job. Plus, he reminds us, "Sinbad's got a crew, so it's gonna be a whole interesting group of actors. I've talked to Jet Li, Djimon Hounsou and "-busy guy!-" Hayden Christensen". But the biggest surprise in this monster-filled action flick that begins shooting in January is the rating. "I'm gonna make it PG," says the usually PG-13 friendly Cohen, "so that everyone can go". So far, so good.
I'm so interested to see if Keanu will do this movie!
Old 04-09-2005, 05:04 PM
Fan Forum Star

Sounds interesting.

Sasha