Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 12-24-2003, 04:36 AM
Total Fan

Constantine Discussion Thread #1

I'll change the title to "discussion" when the movie comes out. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Anyway, there's been more and more info released about this movie and, personally, I can't wait for it!

Here's the plot summary:

Quote:
Based on the DC/Vertigo comic book Hellblazer and written by Kevin Brodbin, Mark Bomback and Frank Capello, Constantine tells the story of irreverent supernatural detective John Constantine (Keanu Reeves), who has literally been to hell and back. When Constantine teams up with skeptical policewoman Angela Dodson (Rachel Weisz) to solve the mysterious suicide of her twin sister (also played by Weisz), their investigation takes them through the world of demons and angels that exists just beneath the landscape of contemporary Los Angeles. Caught in a catastrophic series of otherworldy events, the two become inextricably involved and seek to find their own peace at whatever cost.
And a pic to get us started [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

[img]smilies/drool.gif[/img]

Last edited by Tery; 02-19-2005 at 11:09 AM
Old 12-24-2003, 04:50 AM
Master Fan

This one looks different and interesting [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

And Keanu is so hot in the pic! [img]smilies/drool.gif[/img]
Old 12-24-2003, 05:03 AM
Total Fan

I know! [img]smilies/in_love.gif[/img]

From what I've read so far, Constantine seems like a pretty dark movie. It's definately going to be interesting! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

I've just found out that an acress, Tilda Swinton, that stars in Constantine plays a big part in Thumbsucker as well! The lucky lady! She's been in 2 movies with Keanu! [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img]
Old 12-24-2003, 05:33 PM
Passionate Fan

I agree. This movie sounds VERY interesting. I was telling my cousin's husband about it, since he's really into comic books. He was thrilled that the movie is going to be made. He went on to tell me how Constantine became supernatural and stuff. I hope the script follows the comic. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

(icon by Me)
Old 12-24-2003, 06:50 PM
Fan Forum Star

Here is a wallpaper-sized version of that picture in case you want to put it on your desktop.

That site also has this huge dark picture of Keanu in the movie.

What's he doing with his hand down there?

And I like this one because it looks like he's busting a move!

[img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
Old 12-24-2003, 07:19 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by S.A.S.H.A.:
<STRONG>What's he doing with his hand down there? </STRONG>
[img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
Thanks for all the pics!
Old 12-24-2003, 08:51 PM
Master Fan

Keanu picks the most amazing roles. I cant wait for this movie as well.

And as for what hes doing in that picture, I dont really care, Im just too happy to have that picture to look at. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
Old 12-25-2003, 08:46 AM
Total Fan

Liz So, the comic's good? I must admit, I've never heard of it... [img]smilies/embarrassment.gif[/img]

Sasha Thanks for the pics! I love them! [img]smilies/sigh.gif[/img]

Amaria I think Keanu made some mistakes regarding picking his roles in the past, but he's definately made up for it now! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 12-25-2003, 08:50 AM
Passionate Fan

Tery - Hey! We're online at the same time! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] Yeah, from what my cousin's husband told me, it sounds like a really good comic. The name of the comic book, though, is Hellblazer, not Constantine. Constantine is the human name of the guy. He's supposed to be British. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

(icon by Me)
Old 12-25-2003, 09:24 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by *Eliza (Liz):
<STRONG>Hey! We're online at the same time! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] Yeah, from what my cousin's husband told me, it sounds like a really good comic. The name of the comic book, though, is Hellblazer, not Constantine. Constantine is the human name of the guy. He's supposed to be British. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]</STRONG>
I know! It's great! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Hellblazer, ey? Sounds great! I think I'll look it up on internet, maybe I find something... [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-25-2003, 07:21 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally posted by *Eliza (Liz):
<STRONG>from what my cousin's husband told me, it sounds like a really good comic. The name of the comic book, though, is Hellblazer, not Constantine. Constantine is the human name of the guy. He's supposed to be British. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]</STRONG>
I looked around the net a few days ago, and from what I could see, most Hellblazer fans are angry that Keanu is in the movie for many reasons. I wanted to tell them to but decided not to even bother with them. I was doing this at my computer screen at times, though. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
Old 12-25-2003, 09:06 PM
Master Fan

Oh! I know Hellblazer! Its a fantastic comic. Crikey, when is this movie supposed to come out?
Old 12-25-2003, 11:00 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally posted by spikearrin:
<STRONG>Oh! I know Hellblazer! Its a fantastic comic. Crikey, when is this movie supposed to come out?</STRONG>
According to imdb.com the release dates for Constantine are:

USA 17 September 2004
Germany 23 September 2004
Belgium 13 October 2004
Netherlands 14 October 2004
Russia 14 October 2004
UK 15 October 2004
Spain 24 October 2004
Argentina 28 October 2004

Hmm, it also says filming is being done in Los Angeles. ::gets on the 91 freeway:: [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
Old 12-26-2003, 11:35 AM
Master Fan

That is much too far away for my tastes. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
Old 12-27-2003, 10:03 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by S.A.S.H.A.:
<STRONG>I looked around the net a few days ago, and from what I could see, most Hellblazer fans are angry that Keanu is in the movie for many reasons. I wanted to tell them to but decided not to even bother with them. I was doing this at my computer screen at times, though. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]</STRONG>
Those people are ignorant! [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img] They obviously don't know what they're talking about!
I'm sure our Keanu will be great! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

[img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] We have to wait 'till September/October for the movie? [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] Yikes!