Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 09-24-2009, 02:19 PM
Master Fan

Well, reality shows and scripted programming paired together are usually a bad idea. And ANTM isn't a good lead in for ANYTHING. Not even semi-related reality shows.

I've seen Melrose everywhere. I've seen Vampire Diaries everywhere. A respectable audience (for The CW) sampled Melrose and it dropped off.

It doesn't help that TBL premiered after Glee had two episodes under its belt. But the fact that it didn't even have a fraction of what Melrose and Diaries had, and had to go up against the third episode of a show that already heavily held the demo it was after kinda spelled doom for it from the beginning. If they moved it to a new night or time AND gave it promo, I think it might go up in ratings. But I doubt The CW will put any time or energy into it. I'd say it's looking like TBL will be the first casualty of the fall, as much as it pains me to say.

And I think TBL is in another league than the other "pretty people soap operas" in that the characters have heart. I despise every character on Gossip Girl, only like 1 on 90210 (whose scenes I watch on YT) and I gave Melrose a chance, but the characters there weren't anything either. The characters on TBL (particularly Chris, Raina, and Sonja, but we got a little bit of good stuff from Cole and Isaac this week) are likable and you are able to root for them. But that's not what's being conveyed in the commercials. At least, the ones I've seen playing everywhere (and by everywhere I mean, the two times I caught a commercial on The CW this week - but that's everywhere for this show).
Old 09-24-2009, 02:53 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Wow, that's sad. I'm really enjoying this show.
Old 09-24-2009, 03:23 PM
Fan Forum Star

there is always next week.
Jensen&Jared
s o u l m a t e s
Old 09-24-2009, 07:02 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by eatyourgreens (View Post)
I agree. Glee was majorly hyped by Fox. Really, given the amount of promo it got, I wouldn't say it's doing THAT well. But it's got the demo. And for The CW to pit a show against it that got absolutely NO promo and expect for it to do well...it makes me think they wanted it to fail, like that commentary on Zap2it said. But really, The CW is kind of failing all across the board. I'm surprised TBL is doing as well as it has been doing, since the network has pretty much been ignoring it.
very true. i'm enjoying Glee too but sad that TBL is suffering. There was that article regarding lack of promo which puzzles me..
i hope some changes or something are made or this show will be cancelled very soon
Icon Credit: jtvgifs
Cath
Old 09-25-2009, 12:50 AM
Fan Forum Star

They had a really brief promo for the show durring SPN, which is the first one I've seen since SPN started.
Jensen&Jared
s o u l m a t e s