Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 09-22-2009, 10:52 AM
Fan Forum Star

1x02 "The Beautiful Aftermath" Episode Discussion Thread

The Beautiful Aftermath
Wed September 23rd 2009
The CW

Chris (Ben Hollingsworth) believes his chances at a modeling career are over and prepares to leave New York City until he receives a surprise phone call from Claudia (Elle Macpherson).

Claudia informs Raina (Sara Paxton) that she needs to focus more on her career and less on her new relationship with Chris. Isaac (Corbin Bleu) confronts Vivienne (guest star Jamie Murray, "Dexter") about her behavior towards him at a go-see, and the two end up working out an arrangement that serves both their needs.

Marissa (Ashley Madekwe) accuses Sonja (Mischa Barton) of stealing the Versace campaign from her and decides to seek revenge in a very public way, which leads Sonja to Cole (Nico Tortorella) for assistance.

Marissa invites Raina's brother, Alex (guest star Billy Magnussen, "As the World Turns"), to a party hosted by Nina Garcia ("Project Runway"), where more secrets about Raina's past are revealed.

Michael Lehmann directed the episode written by Anna Fricke and Mike Kelley.
Jensen&Jared
s o u l m a t e s
Old 09-22-2009, 08:39 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the new thread
Old 09-23-2009, 09:34 AM
Master Fan

looking forward to the episode
Icon Credit: jtvgifs
Cath
Old 09-23-2009, 03:42 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Cannot wait!
Old 09-23-2009, 09:01 PM
Fan Forum Star

IDK, it could be just me but I figure that having a baby would be less controversial than doing coke to the tabloids. I know Sonja is trying to protect her child but I don't think they'll be all over her for that as she thinks.

Kem (Tumblr)
Old 09-23-2009, 10:11 PM
Ultimate Fan

After tonight I have to be honest, I don't really like Marissa, I can't believe she could do something like that regardless if she doesn't like Sonja. I'm not to sure about Sonja yet even still, that was low.

Loved Chris and Raina but no surprise there. He's so hott, even if he does seem to snap to quickly. it's all new to him so its still justified yet. he needs to learn to think with something thats not his fist though.

I guess Cole is actually a good guy, I really wasn't expecting that. I figured he'd be the jerk in the group but looks like he might be the one with the big heart.

the whole thing was good and the promo has me anxious for next week again.
Manda
Old 09-23-2009, 11:16 PM
Elite Fan

Thought that this episode was better than last week which is cool

I agree re: the picture of Sonja doing coke. A baby seems way less controversial. The actual concept of Sonja protecting her kid was awesome.

And Im wondering if the Chris/Raina/Cole triangle will turn into a foursome eventually. Sonja doesn't trust anybody, so Cole's shoulder may end up turning into something more.

Marissa was good for some comic relief. She had some awesome lines, I thought. But I don't really care about her the way I'm starting to become invested in the others.

Last edited by Sam_MC; 09-23-2009 at 11:54 PM
Old 09-23-2009, 11:37 PM
Extreme Fan

I havent seen the new ep yet but,

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturellebella (View Post)
IDK, it could be just me but I figure that having a baby would be less controversial than doing coke to the tabloids. I know Sonja is trying to protect her child but I don't think they'll be all over her for that as she thinks.

Models in the fashion world have kids and come back all the time. Example Isabeli Fontana, Heidi Mount etc. No big deal. You'd only worry that you won't get jobs because you've been on a hiatus for so long but that is no issue for established models, especially since Sonja is supposed to be world famous. Ugh, there were so many inaccurate things about fashion in the first ep already that I'm not expecting a very good depiction of it anyways.
Old 09-23-2009, 11:47 PM
Elite Fan

Sonja did however seem to indicate that it was more about keeping the baby away from the fashion world altogether. So its about shielding her baby rather than shielding her career.
Old 09-24-2009, 03:32 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jidsy <3 (View Post)
Models in the fashion world have kids and come back all the time. Example Isabeli Fontana, Heidi Mount etc. No big deal. You'd only worry that you won't get jobs because you've been on a hiatus for so long but that is no issue for established models, especially since Sonja is supposed to be world famous.
Yes, but people would start questioning who's the father... and maybe the identity of the father can't be made public...
Old 09-24-2009, 05:16 AM
Fan Forum Hero

This episode didn't grab my attention, either. Well, that's a half lie. I'd say at this point my fandom for the show is totally one-sided to just Nico/Cole, everything else was just talking heads. Nico is so scorching hot! And I love Cole, in general. I'd even go for Colei/Raena or Cole/Sonja - just cause he's part of the equation. Didn't think I'd enjoy his character or the show that much, but if something is going to make me tune in next week, it's him.

Ben is far too needy and reminds me too much of Tom Welling. And his thing with Raena, is just meh.

The reveal that Sonja leaked old drug photos of her... wasn't that shocking. As was Marissa being selfish and giving the photog her phone. Stupid.

Just recognized Raena's brother is Casey from As the World Turns!

Uh...otherwise, more of Cole/Nico, please!

icon
Old 09-24-2009, 08:18 AM
Elite Fan

I agree!! More Cole, pls. although, Sonja is the reason I'm watching.

I did enjoy the episode. It showed that Cole is not an ass and does care for others. I like that he's Sonja's shoulder.

Old 09-24-2009, 08:39 AM
Master Fan

i liked that we saw a good side to Cole..i'm really starting to enjoy his character..wouldn't mind Cole/Raina happening either..

Chris does have a short fuse, not liking his character as much as i thought i would.

I'm interested in Raina's past..want to see what's happening there. her and Chris are kind of cute too

Marissa is quite entertaining, she has some great lines. She does have a bit of a mean streak there.

Sonja- i understand that she's trying to protect her baby from the media..think the 'drug' scandal will have a negative impact on her career though

not all that interested in Isaac yet
Icon Credit: jtvgifs
Cath
Old 09-24-2009, 11:01 AM
Master Fan

Just popping in to say COLE IS DELICIOUS! That is all!
Old 09-24-2009, 05:33 PM
Elite Fan

Watched it finally

Not that great a follow up but not totally awful.

Raina is starting to feel borderline Mary Sue. She's not annoying me like some other Mary Sue's have but I sometimes feel like it's all an after school special with her. I don't really mind her and Chris but I get the feeling they're trying to get a Raina and Cole fanship going and I don't know how I feel about that.

Chris is ok but his stort fuse is sort of irritating.

Not really interested in Marissa. She's a jealous mean girl and what she did to Sonja and her overall jealousy of her was low.

Cole seems to be the real breakout character. He's sort of like Chuck Bass but less creepy. I'm still getting slightly gay vibes but they'll fade I'm sure. I enjoy all his scenes though.

Olease someone give Isaac a job. I feel sory for how pathetic he seems.

While I love Sonja as a character, it's getting harder and harder to ignore Mischa's acting. It's like the OC all over again where they're giving a load of amazing and heavy material to her but she just can't pull it off. Looks wise I can't imagine anyone else as Sonja but acting wise, it's a turn off. I do like the Cole and Sonja interaction though.

My Tumblr
My Twitter