Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 06-07-2010, 04:32 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Ty Davis Jr (Coby Bell) Appreciation Thread #2 Because He's a Sexy Summer Star on Burn Notice

I hope I'm not missing the OP.

Well, we have Coby this summer as Jesse Garcia on USA Network's Burn Notice, at 9pm EST Thursdays.

Kim
Old 06-07-2010, 02:51 PM
Fan Forum Star

GREAT new thread title, Kimmie. We did have an OP but it's kinda out-dated. I'll see about bringing over the relevant stuff later.
Old 06-07-2010, 05:44 PM
Fan Forum Star

Kimmie, you did it!!!

And, Kar, that would be SO awesome. You rule.

You gals both rule.
Old 06-08-2010, 04:01 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah-I couldn't figure out what I should try to copy and paste.

You both rule too. We make a great group.

Kim
Old 06-09-2010, 05:00 PM
Fan Forum Star

We do make a good group... but where are you tonight, Kimmie?
Old 06-09-2010, 05:11 PM
Fan Forum Star

KIMMIE ... ah well. We waited for you
Old 06-09-2010, 06:11 PM
Fan Forum Star

We totally did!
Old 06-10-2010, 06:57 AM
Fan Forum Star

Some Burn Notice Coby news from this week, reviews etc mostly

Burn notice Back in the Air | TREND
Quote:
This is breaking news for the avid fans of Burn Notice before it is now again back in the screen. The authority of USA Network already confirmed that this will return in the airtime. This will absolutely hit in its new time slot of 9 p.m. every Thursday. This Burn Notice show was known for its four major leading stars which are Jeffrey Donovan, Gabrielle Anwar, Bruce Campbell and Sharon Gless.

The foursome is now again on the screen in Burn Notice show where in they can now catch the attention of the viewers. Burn Notice is an American TV action drama and this is presented in series. This was a proud creation of Matt Nix. A few changes were done in the fourth season of the show and Coby Bell was added in the list of the leading stars.

This is one of the most awaited changes in the USA network. The Burn Notice was first introduced in year 2007 and this was renewed for its fourth season in year 2009. This year 2010 the Burn Notice was again renewed for two more seasons (Season 5 and season 6).

The plot of the next season for Burn Notice was centered when Michael Westen or Jeffrey Donovan was put into trouble again. He was a superspy but he was kidnapped by the so called Management. This is the group of people that had done their best in order to get him and to frame him in CIA. Because of the amazing talents that Michael has the one who capture him who is Vaughn wants his help on their side. Matt Nix who is the creator of Burn Notice said, “Vaughn is a friendlier collaborator than the other coercive faces of Management, but he’s no less dangerous.”

Coby Bell will now be added in the scene. He is also a falsely framed up ex-federal agent. He will be joing in the Michael’s evil-fighting group. The character of Coby Bell is that he is a cool guy with colorful romantic stories in the story with Madeline and sometime with Fiona.

Burn Notice: Season 4 Premiere Review & Discussion - Screen Rant
Quote:
As summer soon approaches, it’s time for everyone’s favorite former spy, Michael Weston, to return for an all new season of Burn Notice.

While most shows are on hiatus for the summer, everyone’s favorite (former) spy is back – as Burn Notice returns this Thursday for the season four premiere. After three months, fans finally get to find out what happened to Michael Weston after being captured by some less than friendly figures.

The season four premiere of Burn Notice picks up shortly after the events in the third season finale. With the mysterious Simon back behind bars and management’s head-honcho returned safely to his desk, new adventures face Michael as he focuses on tracking down those responsible for Simon’s escape.
Although, this time, Michael will have more than Fiona and Sam to back him up. With Coby Bell and Robert Wisdom guest starring for the fourth season, the new characters will prove to be extremely beneficial to Michael in his new endeavors.

If that’s not enough, Burt Reynolds will also be making an appearance as a former spy whose story is extremely similar to that of Michael Weston.

Review

While Burn Notice continues to be a success for USA and is one of my favorite shows, one can’t deny that it has been showing signs of getting too comfortable with stagnate story arcs – find bad guy, kill bad guy, find out bad guy was working for another bad guy; rinse, repeat.
Thankfully, the powers that be have added some new and interesting story arcs for the fourth season that challenge Michael both personally and professionally. From the start, Michael finds himself in a “private holding facility” and a new character is introduced – Vaughn, part of the team that burned Michael.

No longer is Michael a simple errand boy for a mid-level henchman in an attempt to get closer to some higher entity, he is now working side-by-side with the folks responsible for burning him in the first place. Together, they’re on the hunt for the people behind Simon getting out of jail.

Of course, it is Burn Notice and there’s still the case of the week at hand. Fortunately, even this aspect of the series has changed – somewhat. Upon returning back to Miami, Michael finds out that Sam and Fiona have moved on and began taking cases of their own. An interesting aspect, no doubt, as he’s been taking his relationships with them for granted for quite some time.
Although, friendships aren’t the only thing Michael will be reflecting on – as his relationship with his mother grows by leaps and bounds within first episode. Not since last season’s winter return have we seen real, honest, scenes between Michael and his mother. Hopefully, as the season progresses, there will be a lot more, as these heartbreaking scenes reveal a side of Michael that we’ve yet to see over three seasons.

Still, everything isn’t always so touchy-feely – as the bookend segments (that progress the series storyline before the case of the week kicks in) are still present and better than ever. While Michael isn’t running around trying to prove himself to middle management, he is still asked to complete certain tasks for the better good. Unlike previous seasons, the repercussions of Michael completing even the simplest assignments are revealed – as there’s always someone to blame, but this time we get to see it.

With that, Michael’s morality is put to the test at the end of the fourth season premiere as he inadvertently does the unthinkable to another spy.

Final Thoughts

The fourth season premiere of Burn Notice is a wonderful start to a highly anticipated season that not only gives fans what they want, but also introduces new elements that help make the series feel fresh and new.

Burn Notice's Scorching Return! - Today's News: Our Take | TVGuide.com

Quote:
Michael Westen (Jeffrey Donovan) starts Season 4 in deep trouble—again.

The superspy has been kidnapped by Management, the mysterious group that had him framed and banished from the CIA. Now, impressed by his recapture of the psycho ex-operative Simon, they want Michael's considerable talents on their side. He ends up partnering with his captor, the dapper Vaughn (The Wire's Robert Wisdom). "Vaughn is a more friendly collaborator than the other coercive faces of Management, but he's no less dangerous," warns exec producer Matt Nix.

On the home front, Jesse Garcia (Coby Bell), another falsely accused ex-federal agent, will join Michael's evil-fighting team. "He's a cool guy who has an interesting relationship with both Mike's mom, Madeline [Sharon Gless], and his sometime lover Fiona [Gabrielle Anwar]," Nix reveals.

In a later episode, Burt Reynolds guests as a formerly hotshot operative-turned-bartender. "There's still fun to be had," Nix promises, "but we're exploring Michael's inner life—where he's got some very dark stuff."
Old 06-10-2010, 04:10 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Numb3rs Vet Navi Rawat Gets Burned

Numb3rs vet Navi Rawat is jumping right back into troubled waters with a dark, sexy role as a mystery woman named Kendra who gets involved with Jeffrey Donovan's Michael Westen on USA Network's Burn Notice.

"My character starts out as the girl next door, but it turns out she's not at all what she appears to be," teases Navi, whose three-episode arc kicks off June 24. "Fiona (Gabrielle Anwar) is investigating a case when she first meets my character who is involved in her neighborhood watch program. I appear to be a good, upstanding citizen, but it turns out she has ties to the underworld. She's a pretty explosive surprise."

Navi grew up in Miami where Burn Notice shoots and had come home for a friend's wedding when she was offered the role. "I was able to give the cast and producers a lot of restaurant tips," says the actress, 33. "Miami has a lot of hidden gems."

Navi says her character will turn out to be the polar opposite of her Numb3rs character, Amita, who never got the big splashy wedding to Charlie (David Krumholtz) that Navi had long hoped for.

"To be honest, I would have liked for them to have had a more proper wedding instead of that makeshift wedding," says the actress of the long-running CBS drama's series finale. "We were supposed to have a big wedding and Amita was supposed to get a nice promotion. It all got wrapped up too quickly. But that's what happens when a show gets cancelled. Was it the ideal ending? I don't think so, but in light of the fact that our episode order was reduced, I think they did the best they could. All that was really important was for the two of them to end up together. Rob Morrow said we were lucky we even had a month to pull a finale together."

So what's the chance of her Burn Notice character getting a splashy wedding to Michael Westen? Navi just laughs, turning coy. "We'll see," she says. "There's definitely sparks. I was very excited to work with Jeffrey and had a wonderful time with him and was made to feel very much at home."
Keck's Exclusives: Numb3rs Vet Navi Rawat Gets Burned - Today's News: Our Take | TVGuide.com

You know, I loved her on Numb3rs and I hated her on The O.C., so I guess it remains to be seen what I think of her on Burn Notice!
Old 06-11-2010, 10:50 AM
Fan Forum Star

Hmmmm thanks for bringing that over ... wonder what Kimmie is going to think of this?
Old 06-11-2010, 07:57 PM
Fan Forum Star

Heck, I don't know what I think of this. So far, I've liked her in one role and HATED her in another.

So, you know, it's really a mixed bag for me.
Old 06-12-2010, 06:55 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Hey! Kimmie thinks there are enough regular characters on Burn Notice, and I don't want any new ones near Michael or Jesse.

pouts

Thank you guys for waiting for me for the re-watch. It's one of my very favorites, and I'm looking forward to seeing it with you guys.

Kim
Old 06-13-2010, 06:32 PM
Fan Forum Star

I very much doubt they'll swell the cast by that much, Kimmie.

For three years now, they've run on a cast of essentially three people. Adding Coby was already a big move.

I really don't think they're gonna go all Grey's Anatomy on their cast. It's a cable show anyhow, they probably can't afford to have too many cast members.

I think Navi is probably going to play a secondary character that you see maybe a little bit here and there and then she'll have her big "reveal" and that's all.
Old 06-13-2010, 11:34 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Ooh, I like that Sunny. I'm going with that.

I'll catch the rerun Saturday morning, right after a rerun of the newest one. I was too out of it this week to see either one and pay attention.

Vaughn is the new "partner" of Michael's though-working on a major case continued from last year. He's very handsome. And charming, and supposedly a good guy.

Kim
Old 06-14-2010, 05:43 AM
Fan Forum Star

Can't wait to see how you think the new eppies are playing out. There seems to be a lot of good stuff about the Burn Notice out on the web right now, as in a summer fave show and all that jazz.