Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 07-30-2012, 06:04 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah, they don't really have people to spare on that show.

They're all more or less complex people who provide some level of interest and attachment.

I mean, even if Casper was the one to die, I'd be sad, you know? And she's the one I'm least attached to.

But Jerry's death would be hard to take.

Oh, well. It's the name of the game, isn't it? On a cop show, you expect some people will die.
Old 08-01-2012, 03:13 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah-that's a sad reality.

Whoever it is, it's going to be painful to lose them (unless it's Luke) any of them, and I really am already attached to the newest boy toy.

Kim
Old 08-01-2012, 05:26 PM
Fan Forum Star

I like how you just sneak "unless it's Luke" in like that.

No love lost, huh?

The grew on me, after he so thoroughly trashed his relationship with Andy that you know they can't go back.

Not that they would. There really never was anything there to go back to anyway.

Yeah, the more I think about it, the more I assume it'll be Jerry, but I really hope it's not.
Old 08-02-2012, 03:58 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah. no Luke love around here.

I know! And the more I think about it, the more I adore and cling to Jerry.

Kim
Old 08-02-2012, 07:13 PM
Fan Forum Star

And I already love Jerry, so you can imagine what I'm going through.

But I can't see why they'd need Luke back. If Jerry isn't the one who dies, then they already have a detective to investigate the death and Jerry already is a homicide guy to boot.

Not to mention that, with Tracey being a rookie detective... if her man dies, it's angst city guaranteed.
Old 08-03-2012, 05:48 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Wow-it's all, in thought, already angsty. I'm going to keep the tiny hope it's not him, and that it is Luke.

I know that sounds mean-but I'd like Jerry to stick around.

It's funny, Luke I liked immediately, and Sam and Jerry-not so much. In this case it's good to be with badboy/goodboy Sam.

Kim
Old 08-04-2012, 10:03 AM
Fan Forum Star

It's good to be Sam because, if he died... well, you might as well cancel the show, right?

Some people aren't big fans of Sam/Andy, but I think even they would recognize that Sam and Andy are central to the show.
Old 08-04-2012, 02:01 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Well, I used to believe that about Max and Liz, and I got burned big time.

But, this is a grown up show, who wouldn't allow their actors control the show.

They are very close to Jerry and Tracey now, and I think they'll be part of the recovery, the main part-to help people through it.

Kim
Old 08-05-2012, 08:41 AM
Fan Forum Star

Max and Liz came together in the end, though. Any attempt to mess with them was not met well at all and the show's PTBs quickly saw the error of their ways in that regard. At least, that's the way I saw it.

Yeah, more reason to think Jerry might be the one who dies. This notion that he's Sam's best friend is very sudden to me. Why else introduce that if not to justify his grief when/if Jerry dies?
Old 08-05-2012, 11:54 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, I agree about Sam and Jerry. I just thought I must have missed the eppys with them.

I hated that Liz went back to Max after the way he treated her. I lost all respect for her. I'd already lost total respect for Max.

Kim
Old 08-05-2012, 07:22 PM
Fan Forum Star

And, see, I was happy enough to blame Tess for the whole thing.

I decided Tess mind-warped Max into doing all of that, so it wasn't his fault. It was Tess.

God I hated Tess.
Old 08-05-2012, 08:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I reallllllllly hated Tess myself, but I saw Max as a weak willed idiot for letting it happen...he had control of his brain when he wanted.

I hated Max for good once that all happened.

Kim
Old 08-06-2012, 05:01 PM
Fan Forum Star

Well, that's alright. Obviously, he wasn't the strongest-willed dude in the land.

But, somehow, I was capable of laying it all on Tess's door and be happy with that.

I was SO glad when Tess came back long enough to be zapped around by Liz. Sweet revenge.
Old 08-08-2012, 06:24 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Eric Johnson Previews Luke's Return in Rookie Blue's 'Biggest Episode': 'He's More Fierce'

Rookie Blue welcomes back one of its own this Thursday (ABC, 10/9c) when Eric Johnson‘s Detective Luke Callaghan returns to the 15th Precinct — and he’s sticking around!

Before you Andy-and-Sam fans get up in arms about her ex’s arrival, rest assured that Luke is a changed man who’s got a lot more on the brain than romance. After all, Gail Peck has been kidnapped, which leads to “the biggest episode that the show has done,” says Johnson.

“[It's] a major turning point for everyone at [Precinct] 15,” he adds. “Luke is coming in and, hopefully, is a bit of a stabilizing factor for the division.”

Below, the actor previews Luke’s mind set, how he feels about working with lovebirds Andy and Sam and whether any romance — with Gail? — is in store for his detective.

TVLINE | What brings Luke back into the picture?
Luke is coming back to the precinct under extreme circumstances. Gail has gone missing, and they believe she’s been abducted by a potential serial killer. So Luke is bringing all of his knowledge and know-how back to [the precinct] to try and save Gail’s life, essentially. Everything that happened in the past doesn’t matter when he comes back. Everybody has one thing on their mind, and that’s getting Gail back safe and sound.

TVLINE | Did he pick up any skills while he was away in the gang unit?
You should see how well he grows a beard now. That’s a major skill – not shaving. It’s pretty rad. It’s a good beard.

TVLINE | Did his time away change him at all – aside from the facial hair?
Besides the beard? [Laughs] Absolutely. In Season 2, there were a few moments where Luke’s emotions got the best of him… You really saw him crack. That sort of easygoing Luke is gone. He’s far more fierce and determined. He’s not as willing to let things get to him. It’s not just the beard that makes him a little more bristly. [Laughs] He’s definitely very work-focused and more determined and more ambitious than ever before.

TVLINE | I think it’s safe to say the Andy-and-Sam fans are a little apprehensive about Luke’s return. Can you reassure them that he’s not there to stir up relationship drama?
[Laughs] The last thing on Luke’s mind when he comes back is any sort of relationship. I think you’ll find that Luke’s presence back at 15 may surprise you in terms of how it plays into that dynamic.

TVLINE | What is that first moment with Andy like?
There’s a lot of history there. Thankfully, there’s an officer missing and the potential hazards of a serial killer, so they don’t have to talk about it right away. [Laughs] That super-awkward moment is made a little less awkward by the fact that they have a very important and serious job to do.

TVLINE | When I talked to executive producer Tassie Cameron, she said, “[Luke] causes some conflict between Andy and Sam, but perhaps not in the way you’d expect.” Can you elaborate on that?
That’s the best way of putting it, really. Luke has always admired Andy’s passion and heart, even when it’s put him at odds with other people in the force in terms of believing in her ability to do things that other people didn’t think she was ready for. You’ll see a little bit of that. In everything that they’ve done, Luke and Andy — first and foremost — really respect each other as officers. People might not always agree with how [Luke and Andy] feel about each other in that situation. Also, being able to call Andy on her B.S. is something we’re going to see… He’s able to look [at the whole] division objectively and call them on their crap.

TVLINE | Rumor is that there’s a death coming.
There’s definitely changes coming to 15. [This episode is] tense.

TVLINE | Is there something that compels him to stay this time?
There’s a lot of drama that happens. So he’s coming in to do what he can to help everybody through a challenging time. He’s here for a short time is how it really starts. He’s coming in here, and all the reasons to stay keep getting piled up on each other. Luke has definitely moved on in his life from 15th Division. It’s like every time you leave, they keep sucking you back in. It was really interesting to play. You’re going to see some conflicted Luke in there.

TVLINE | Any chance he’ll get a new love interest?
I think Luke has probably learned his lesson for a while, anyways. [Laughs] When he first comes back, relationships are the last thing on everybody’s mind. We’ll have to wait and see if anything develops.

TVLINE | Gail and Luke definitely had some chemistry last season.
There were a lot of people who picked up on that one little look! It was one little look, sitting in my office, and everybody got all excited on Twitter. I get asked about that probably every week on Twitter. “What’s the deal? What’s the deal with Luke and Gail?” She’s definitely got her hands full with Nick Collins, so we’ll see.

TVLINE | Will we see more of them, not necessarily in a romantic sense, but working together?
You’re going to see Luke and Traci [teaming up], and a new dynamic with that. That’s a big thing for Luke.
Source

Yeah, Jerry's dead.

Why else would Luke suddenly stick around if it was only meant to be a temporary thing?

Why else would he suddenly be working with Traci?

Why else would it be so tense?

Gah.
Old 08-09-2012, 07:29 AM
Fan Forum Hero

for Jerry, and at Luke.

I'll give him a chance. Might like perfect Luke. Okay, truthfully I'm going to see-I may like him way more.

Jerry.

Traci could be tense with what happens tonight-maybe she blames Luke for Jerry's death.

Also, Andy is her best friend, and Traci was pretty angry with him for what he did to Andy.

Box of tissues. Check. And kinda hoping it doesn't happen tonight.

Kim