Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-30-2016, 07:43 PM
Fan Forum Star

I'm really hoping for the best here.

For both you and I, I guess.

I've been an insomniac for 25+ years now, so I'm not hoping for miracles.

But, yeah, it would be nice if things levelled off.

For both you and I, again.

You know doctors don't really know all that much.

They just react to what they see.

Since everything's going off at the same time, it might take a little thinking, that's all.
Old 05-31-2016, 08:02 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I hope for balance, and good things, for both of us, too.

I'd be happy if 50% of the time we had good results.

Yeah, my dr. definitely is guessing, and it makes me afraid to trust any answers he has.
Old 05-31-2016, 04:39 PM
Fan Forum Star

I so did NOT mean to imply that your doctor is just guessing what's going on with you.

He/she can't know what's going with you precisely, but he/she has a heck of a lot more knowledge to go on to be just guessing.

It's not like your local retail-store manager is treating you here.

It's just that medicine, by its nature, is reactive.

Plus, your case is going to be more complicated than a lot, because of the various medications you're on and the other physical/mental health issues that have to be balanced in finding a solution.
Old 06-01-2016, 06:32 AM
Fan Forum Star

to everyone.

Kimmie, I'm sorry you are going through all this right now. And your both right, in that Dr are doing their best but nothing in medicine is an exact science, and every case is so individual. Dads sodium has been high and he has been loosing weight. They've got him on two new appetite stimulants right now. But is cholesterol and sugars are good at least. I know when you're sugar is off it starts a chain reaction to everything else.

Anyhow I'm on antibiotics and steroids now. I ended up going to the walkin clinic on Monday and luck of all lucks my regular doctor was the one working the rotation that day. So he got me in and out quickly and just hugged me. He could tell I felt really bad. I guess the meds are kicking in because yesterday and today I'm coughing up so yellow junk, so at least it's getting out of my lungs now.

So now I get to to rest for a few days. I did go in yesterday morning to work because we had this fishing program scheduled and I'd committed myself to it, hauling canoes to a local lake, using the flat bottom boat to help new boaters and fisher folk. It was a very worthwhile event, but I was DONE after, came steadier home and went to bed. Didn't go in today. Might not tomorrow.
Old 06-01-2016, 05:38 PM
Fan Forum Star

Karen Have the new kitties you've been taking care been tested?

Because, allowing for a gestation period, the timing on this bug of yours seems a bit suspicious to me.

It just feels like it might be related somehow.

Especially since, with you thyroid issues, you're immune system is more vulnerable than most.
Old 06-02-2016, 05:07 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I think he is guessing, in a way, Sunny.

Test after test after test, and guessing what it may be, until they get the results they want.

It's all gotten too much, and I'm sick of getting my blood drawn.

Thanks Karen. I hope your dad gains some weight back. Feel better yourself.
Old 06-02-2016, 06:12 PM
Fan Forum Star

Sunny, , no the kittens haven't been tested. And who knows, we could be sharing germs. Any how, I only worked a partial day Tuesday for our event at work. Called in sick the rest. I'll go in tomorrow to try to get caught up. But I'm still not better. I'm not worse at least.

Hope you both have a good Friday.
Old 06-02-2016, 06:54 PM
Fan Forum Star

Kimmie I'm sure he doesn't know yet how to proceed, I'll give you that.

Karen I've been watching a lot of Vet Ranch online, so I've heard a lot about all kinds of bugs that can be passed from pet to person, that's all.

I'm certainly hoping tomorrow goes by quickly.

I don't know if it's because last week was a four-day week, but this week has seemed like it won't ever end.

Mind you, I also hope that I don't forget that I have tickets tomorrow night to go see the Dirty Dancing musical.
Old 06-04-2016, 01:47 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I hope you are taking care of yourself Karen. You have a tendency to take on too much, and put yourself through too much.

Sunny I hope your day went really fast, and then slowed down so you could fully enjoy the musical.

I spent a lot of time coloring the last few days. I enjoy it and it relaxes me.

We had a cookout last night, despite a storm starting and forcing us to come inside and eat.
Old 06-04-2016, 11:49 AM
Fan Forum Star

I hope you still had a good time with the cookout, Kimmie.

Dirty Dancing was good.

It was a little odd seeing different people in the roles and seeing it play out in different ways (since it was on a stage and not a movie), but it was good.

That was a bit of a relief, I must say, because the critics weren't good.
Old 06-04-2016, 05:11 PM
Fan Forum Star

Glad it sounds like Kimmie and Sunny have had an ok weekend so far. I'm hanging in there. Still coughing something fierce, but there's some nasty stuff coming up finally so I take that as a good sign. I'm done with the antibiotics now, but still have a few more days of steroids. At least I'm not worse. And I think I feel a little better, not sure. Not worse at least. And I made it through work the past two days, so that's good.

Been making some tentative plans for the summer, as far as lots of long weekends and extra days off.
Old 06-05-2016, 08:18 AM
Fan Forum Star

Good for you, Karen, making plans for the summer.

I have to get off this couch and start putting stuff together before the cleaning lady arrives...

Last edited by sunnykerr; 06-05-2016 at 06:13 PM
Old 06-05-2016, 01:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, Sunny I did have a good time.

I'm glad that despite the difference you enjoyed Dirty Dancing.

I rarely believe critics, because as you said, they can be wrong.

Sometimes I listen, if I don't have my mind set either way on something.

I hope you got done what you wanted before the cleaning lady got there.

Karen I know summer time is your favorite for doing stuff, and enjoying yourself.
Old 06-05-2016, 06:15 PM
Fan Forum Star

Well, the critics weren't wrong this time.

It was cheesy as hell and there were a lot of extraneous scenes that were clearly just added to add "musical" elements to the musical, since it was pretty much just a play with dancing otherwise.

But I still had fun.

Anyway, how are you?
Old 06-06-2016, 06:37 PM
Fan Forum Star