Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 05-19-2003, 03:48 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Doc (Michael Beach) Appreciation Thread - Because everyone wants to be like Doc!

RECENT FILMOGRAPHY
Red Dawn (completed) :: Mayor Jenkins (2011)
Sons of Anarchy (TV series) :: T.O. Cross (2010)
COMPLETE FILMOGRAPHY

MEMBORABLE DOC/MICHAEL QUOTES

Last edited by Wildfire Girl; 08-06-2004 at 06:52 PM
Old 05-19-2003, 03:53 PM
Ultimate Fan

Carlos and Doc together are a riot.

Honestly, Doc wasn't exactly my favorite in the beginning, but with the possibility of him leaving I know TW wouldn't be the same without him. It's an ensemble show and he's the mentor. I love that about him.
Old 05-19-2003, 04:00 PM
Fan Forum Hero

He might be leaving?! ::screams:: Noooooo!!
Old 05-19-2003, 04:09 PM
Ultimate Fan

There was an opening for him to leave in the finale (to take the promotion he always refuses in previous years). And it seems nobody can find out if Michael is staying or not. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

I hope it was just finale creativity, rather than a true opening for his departure.
Old 05-19-2003, 09:22 PM
Fan Forum Hero

oooh, I see, I hope he doesn't leave, it would be strange without him.

But I've been hearing the show is getting more cop focused, right?
Old 05-19-2003, 09:32 PM
Ultimate Fan

Yeah. The fire stories were getting too expensive to shoot and S4 is very cop-centric. The producers have said that S5 will be much like this season, therefore cop centered too. But they need medics...and medic stories aren't expensive like blowing up building for the fire stories. But it would be weird to see paramedics and not the firefighters they share the House with.
Old 05-19-2003, 09:48 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh ok, that's fair enough, I hope we can see more of the paramedics, I like those guys, and I hope Doc can stick around [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 05-19-2003, 10:12 PM
Ultimate Fan

And the way he leaves (the opening for his departure, at least)...it's just really sad. So I hope he doesn't.
Old 05-19-2003, 10:36 PM
Fan Forum Star

Doc has to stay. I took that Third Watch Quiz "Which Character Are You Like" thing and it said Doc. Ergo, Doc has to stay. Otherwise, who am I like? [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

More importantly, he really is the mentor. He's the man. Especially with Lou injured the way he is, they're gonna need someone in charge.

And I want Kim busy elsewhere!

But, somebody somewhere has to find out what's up with Michael Beach. Is he in or out?
Old 05-20-2003, 10:51 PM
Fan Forum Star

Well, Sunny logic is always good logic. I just hope we find out soon. As I said on the former thread. I can take not knowing what will happen to a character. What I can't take is not knowing if the character will be back at all.

I think they at least owe us a goodbye episode of some sort, not some sort of footnote tagged on to a wonderful episode.

Indeed, Alex died and Doc got a promotion. You know, there is a way to fix that. At the very least, have him say goodbye to Carlos!
Old 05-21-2003, 01:30 PM
Ultimate Fan

Remember when they went at it in the ambulance bay and Morales had to come to separate them? That was hilarious.

But from that point onward, as much as neither seem to want to admit it, they really did like one another. Yes, Carlos could be insanely irritational, but the way Doc spoke of his as his "best medic"...awww. He did have a great teacher. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Sunny, I understand about not knowing if a character will be back at all. Sometimes, there's a threat to a main character and you just know they can't die or leave. But with Molly saying that some of them won't be back, I worry. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

Even if Michael calls it quits, he does owe us a goodbye. Rather, TW owes him one. I wouldn't want my last memory of him to be the one where he's crying. I felt exactly like Kim in that scene...the way she kept saying "It's okay" and in the end, just watched him leave with tears filling her eyes.

Ahhh, I'm going to cry now.
Old 05-21-2003, 09:29 PM
Fan Forum Star

This isn't really much to look at but it was still my quick attempt at a Doc art:

Old 05-22-2003, 03:23 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally posted by Wishing0nAStar:
<STRONG>Even if Michael calls it quits, he does owe us a goodbye. Rather, TW owes him one. </STRONG>
I hope he gets a proper send off if he does leave, I think he deserves one. I don't know how things are left in the finale, but I think I'd feel cheated if he just vanished, I hate it when that happens on shows. But he deserves a send off, Doc plays such an important role, it wouldn't be right if there wasn't a goodbye.
Old 05-22-2003, 01:04 PM
Ultimate Fan

[Ellie Spoiler]
Don't read if you don't want to. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Not to ruin it too much for you, but Doc is offered a promotion that he's been offered before but always refused. But this time, he tells Kim that "he can't make these decisions anymore"...because he feels responsible for having been the one riding with Alex. In any case, I fear it would be too easy for the writers to slip in a dialogue between Carlos and Kim that goes along the lines of:

"I miss Doc."
"Me too."
"But he deserved his promotion."
"Yeah."

Or something completely off-hand like that. Bleh.
Old 05-22-2003, 09:09 PM
Fan Forum Star

[img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] I can see that happening too Wishing, but surely not. I mean, we seriously have heard nothing of Micheal Beach.