Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-30-2016, 03:39 AM
Elite Fan

Board Recustomisation

Hi everyone ,

The Fan Forum Graphics Team is in the process of (re)customising message boards and now it's your turn!

If you have any picture or colour suggestions please post them in this thread. Don't post (hotlink) the pictures, links to them are fine. Make sure that the pictures are of as high quality as possible and that the top of the head of the person in the picture isn't cropped off. We also like to use photoshoot images when possible, preferably individual pictures of each cast member. When suggesting colours please keep in mind that some colours will work better than others. The Team usually tries to avoid really vibrant and dark colours because we have found in the past that they are hard to look at for long periods of time. If you would like some help coming up with colour combinations we recommend checking out the design seeds website.

Everyone is encouraged to voice their opinions for this as you are the ones who will be posting on the board and we hope to make as many people happy with the finished result as possible. It does not matter if you are a board moderator, regular poster, or casual poster here. If you have a suggestion, please share it here with us .

Your suggestions for possible pictures and colours will be taken into serious consideration, but in the interest of seeing every board receive the best customised look possible the final decision concerning how this board will be customised will be made by the members of the Graphics Team. This is because we want to make sure that the selected graphic and colours fit into the overall design scheme that we've established for Fan Forum.

For a full explanation of the message board customisation process, see this thread. If you have any questions, please feel free to send Rae or Mel a PM or ask the Team on the message board customisation thread.

Please leave this topped until a week or so after the board has been (re)customised.

Note: It usually takes less than two weeks for us to finish making the new banner and the sooner we know what you want, the more we can work on it (though it can take a few months or so to set it up with the new colours on the board), so please let us know your suggestions as soon as possible.

When the Team have made and voted on a winning graphic I will close this thread until the graphic and colours get put up. It will then be re-opened so that you can share your thoughts about it.

Rae and Mel
Old 04-30-2016, 09:51 AM
Fan Forum Star

I am very excited about this.

As ever, I'll go with the flow, no problem. But I do find the background of this board is very dark. Like, when we use smilities that are a little stick-figured, you have to strain your eyes to see the arms.

For instance:

Also, but of lesser importance, I'm not a fan of the purple-y hues. Like, it's the one colour I'm not fond of.

But, seriously, if we could just lighten the background a smidge, I would be a happy camper.

What are other people's concerns?
Old 04-30-2016, 01:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Sunny! I was thinking the same exact thing when I saw this!

These colors are way too dark for me, and kind of depressing shades.

Lighter colors all around, I say.

I like the banner with the cast fine, as far as decor.

But colors, the sooner a change the better.

Kim
Old 04-30-2016, 01:13 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Sunny! I was thinking the same exact thing when I saw this!

These colors are way too dark for me, and kind of depressing shades.

Lighter colors all around, I say.

I like the banner with the cast fine, as far as decor.

But colors, the sooner a change the better.

Kim
Old 04-30-2016, 03:37 PM
Elite Fan

Our intention is to make this board lighter . I on purposely made Star Wars, Star Trek, and Third Watch our priority when we reached a large group of boards which were all done around the same time. We have found that dark colours are harsh on the eyes; along with the reasons you listed.

What sorts of colours do you like? What colours do you feel fit the show the best? You may wish to take a look at the design seeds website for colour scheme inspiration.

Who are the most important characters to be included? Do you have any pictures of them? It is preferable if we could have the highest quality possible promotional pictures, and if there are any individual cast pictures.
Old 04-30-2016, 04:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I like the Spring Hydrangea Hues

#97bad9 & #c3daeb

Those are my 2 favorites right off the bat.

The picture we already have on our board works for me-it has the whole cast.

Sunny & Karen may have different ideas about the picture. And colors, obviously.

Thanks room_to_breathe .

Kim

Last edited by There You'll Be; 04-30-2016 at 05:18 PM
Old 04-30-2016, 04:46 PM
Elite Fan

The graphic will be changed to match the new colours and to give the board a refreshed/new look. You can take this chance to add or remove characters if you wish too or we can work with the same as what you have. Either way we would still appreciate whatever picture suggestions you can provide for us .
Old 05-01-2016, 10:33 AM
Fan Forum Star

I like those Hydrangea Hues, too. I enjoy all the shades of blue, really. But the ones Kimmie listed are particularly good.

If there's a need for a contrasting colour, for headers and such, to be used in a more limited fashion, I quite like the peach colours in Crafted Color, specially EEA299, or F9CDAC and F4A688 in Color Crash.

We'll see what Karen has to say when she comes back from her work trip, right? And then there's the matter of castmembers.

Any ideas on who needs to be there?
Old 05-02-2016, 12:11 AM
Elite Fan

I am sorry to be a little picky here but instead of just naming the colour schemes it would be really appreciated if you could link to them please . While I do love that you are giving us the hex numbers for the colours you like the most, being able to click and see for ourselves is helpful for the team and also any of your posters as it saves anyone from having to search the site to see which one you are talking about.
Old 05-02-2016, 02:58 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I didn't know what to look for-I just did what made sense to me.

I can't find the ones I liked, I don't know how Sunny found it.

So, I can't give links.

Kim
Old 05-02-2016, 03:09 AM
Elite Fan

It is okay . That is why links are handy; they can be hard to find again and there are a few colour schemes with the same names. You still provided colours to help us. Was this it?
Old 05-02-2016, 04:38 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yes!!! That's it!! Thank you so much.

I don't know how you found it, but I so appreciate that you did.

Kim
Old 05-02-2016, 06:20 PM
Fan Forum Star

And "my" complementary ones are here and here.
Old 05-03-2016, 01:56 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I'd found one of yours Sunny, when I was looking the other day.

I think both of those are gorgeous.

Kim
Old 05-03-2016, 07:36 PM
Fan Forum Star

If I'm not mistaken, they use three different colours in the background, yeah?

So I was just thinking that a little peach/salmon could be a nice complement to a mostly blue background.

But you have a better colour sense than me. What do you think?