Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 05-02-2015, 04:07 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by always protect you (View Post)
I have never heard of that movie. Other than iZombie, I have only ever seen her in OUAT.
Same here
Old 05-02-2015, 04:26 PM
Moderator Support Team

Actress Rose McIver on New Zealand's Best Beauty Products and Becoming a Zombie

In the last two years, actress Rose McIver has played Tinker Bell (in ABC's Once Upon a Time), a nurse (in Showtime's Masters of Sex), and now, a zombie with ethics in the CW's new show iZombie (premiering tonight!). I recently spoke with the New Zealand native about what it took to transform for her new role, her favorite products, and, obviously, eating brains. (Check out the show's trailer.)

I’m a huge fan of creator Rob Thomas’s other shows, Veronica Mars and Party Down. Any similarities to iZombie? "I think Rob Thomas and Diane Ruggiero, who cowrote the show, have such a sense of their voice. You can really feel that in Veronica Mars, and [iZombie] has that same wry sense of humor and fast pace. But this is a zombie/comedy/romance/procedural; it’s got a little bit of everything. I play a medical student who went to a party, got scratched, and turned into a zombie. She’s now working at a morgue so she can have access to fresh brains—so it’s more ethical! When she eats these brains, she has visions of these people, and she can help explain their deaths. It’s a twisted, bizarre concept, but it’s rooted in humanity.”

What were the brains made of? “The prop team experimented with a bunch of different things—soy protein, fondant—but the thing that tasted the best and looked most realistic was gelatin. And the blood is corn syrup.”

How did they turn you into a zombie? “I would spend about an hour and 45 minutes getting ready. [Makeup artists used] an airbrushed white pigment makeup that’s quite resilient, so it really sticks to your skin. At the end of the day, we’d spend a lot of time with oils and cleansers to make sure it was all off. I’d have dark eye makeup, and then when I go into full-on zombie mode, I'd get veins painted on as well. And my hair is a wig. They had these fantastic wigs, and just as we’d wear one out, we’d move on to the next.”

So not exactly Masters of Sex. What was it like getting into the '50s look for that show? "I really love that era for fashion and style in general. Those costumes really flatter a woman’s body. And pin-curling shorter hair can be so chic. It’s so damaging, though! I have yet to discover a way to create a look like that that doesn’t cook your hair.”

What’s your civilian beauty routine usually like? “I’m a big fan of hot flannels—here you call them washcloths, don’t you? I use a really hot cloth to steam my face and make sure I have no residual product. Then I use a witch-hazel toner, and I’ve been using Skyn Iceland Pure Cloud Cream. [The brand] does really great face gels and eye gels, too. I like to keep it quite simple, and I don’t wear a ton of makeup. I do use a little bit of foundation, and then I’ll use a thin line of eyeliner and mascara, maybe.”

Are there any beauty products from New Zealand you miss now that you’re living in the U.S.? “There’s a great line called Trilogy. I like to use natural and organic as much as possible, and they have a lot of great natural lines, so I miss that a little. We use [Lucas’] Papaw a lot at home, too. I’ve noticed it more and more out here.”
xx
Old 05-02-2015, 04:49 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Heartstopper

Add meeeeeeeeee!
nick ♥ charlie
jordan ○ icon
Old 05-02-2015, 04:51 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I have never heard of that movie. Other than iZombie, I have only ever seen her in OUAT.
It's a really creepy movie about siblings being forced to live in an attic by a crazy abusive grandmother. She never lets them leave the attic and two siblings end up falling in love with each other (Rose played one of them). It was weird and unless you are into getting creepy vibes for days I wouldn't suggest it .
Old 05-02-2015, 05:37 PM
Website Manager

I think if her mother knew what happened to Liv she would have supported her choice to work in the morgue a lot more than she currently does. She just doesn't understand why she chose to change fields, but it was pretty smart in my opinion.
Old 05-02-2015, 05:48 PM
Fan Forum Hero

She has the best advantage working at the Morgue. It give her easy access to food, and she gets to bring people justice. Do you think her mom will learn the truth anytime soon?

Quote:
It's a really creepy movie about siblings being forced to live in an attic by a crazy abusive grandmother. She never lets them leave the attic and two siblings end up falling in love with each other (Rose played one of them). It was weird and unless you are into getting creepy vibes for days I wouldn't suggest it.
Flowers in the Attic is really creepy, and sad. The books were even worse. Anything written by VC Andrews has that kind of vibe to it. That writer is not afraid to write really horrible scenario stories. Rose did play her part as a grown up Cathy very well. She only played in the 2nd movie called Petals on the Wind.
Tumblr || icon by me || Josie
Old 05-02-2015, 07:00 PM
Website Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeepThisaSecret (View Post)
She has the best advantage working at the Morgue. It give her easy access to food, and she gets to bring people justice. Do you think her mom will learn the truth anytime soon?
I can't see it, unless it comes up somehow. She hasn't really told any non-Zombie about her condition. I like that she is working with the police to help solve the cases.
Old 05-02-2015, 07:51 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Phoebe Tonkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Anna (View Post)
It's a really creepy movie about siblings being forced to live in an attic by a crazy abusive grandmother. She never lets them leave the attic and two siblings end up falling in love with each other (Rose played one of them). It was weird and unless you are into getting creepy vibes for days I wouldn't suggest it .
So it's incest?

{taek su mi sun}
Old 05-02-2015, 07:54 PM
Elite Fan

^ Yup….

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeepThisaSecret (View Post)
Flowers in the Attic is really creepy, and sad. The books were even worse. Anything written by VC Andrews has that kind of vibe to it. That writer is not afraid to write really horrible scenario stories. Rose did play her part as a grown up Cathy very well. She only played in the 2nd movie called Petals on the Wind.
That's right. I forgot it was the second movie she was in. I read the first book, but just couldn't get into the creepy weirdness so have up the series.

I think her mom might stay oblivious for a while. I think her brother might learn the truth before her if Blaine tries to change him. My guess though is either Peyton or Major will learn it first.
Old 05-02-2015, 07:57 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Phoebe Tonkin

Ah, interesting....off topic, but....how come I find that creepy but not Klaus/Rebekah?

{taek su mi sun}
Old 05-02-2015, 08:15 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Music

Because they're technically half siblings?

Quote:
I think her mom might stay oblivious for a while. I think her brother might learn the truth before her if Blaine tries to change him. My guess though is either Peyton or Major will learn it first.
Evan finding out more recently than her mother is the most plausible. Especially, like you said, if he does get involved in that meat market.

Quote:
You forgot to add me
Sorry. I think I have everyone now.
jess + tmblr | icon
+ join the 911 campaign

Last edited by fictitious ways; 05-02-2015 at 08:22 PM
Old 05-02-2015, 10:52 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Ah, interesting....off topic, but....how come I find that creepy but not Klaus/Rebekah?
Idk and I feel the same way .

I think it would be kinda boring if it's Evan that finds out first. We don't know much about him so I would much rather see Peyton or Major's reaction since their characters are more developed and as a viewer we have a stronger connection to their relationship with Liv than her's and Evan's.
Old 05-03-2015, 04:03 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fictitious ways (View Post)
Evan finding out more recently than her mother is the most plausible. Especially, like you said, if he does get involved in that meat market.
Could you imagine if Even has known all along; but is in fact working for a secret organization of zombie hunters that we don't know of yet
Old 05-03-2015, 10:25 AM
Moderator Support Team

Old 05-03-2015, 12:02 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwm30 (View Post)
Could you imagine if Even has known all along; but is in fact working for a secret organization of zombie hunters that we don't know of yet
I can't see Evan as a zombie hunter, but I can definitely see Major or Clive joining a group of hunters .

I mean it stands to reason that since there's a ton of zombies out there now people have seen things and are either locking themselves away and freaking out or they're forming a band of rebels to fight off the zombie apocalypse.

I would love to see that happen. Especially since Liv isn't going around killing people, but you know with a group of hunters your bound to get both sympathizers and people who only see the monster.