Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-19-2016, 01:25 PM
Master Fan

I can help somewhat today, but tomorrow, I'm back to a hectic schedule. Booooo!
Old 04-19-2016, 07:40 PM
Moderator Support Team

yeah i am not a fan of the tumblr messaging system. but i do like FB and twitter
Old 04-20-2016, 01:34 AM
Master Fan

Boooooo, Miros! What hectic schedule has the nerve to get between you and ?

I mainly use Facebook for 'real life' events, and friends I actually know outside the internet etc. Twitter I mainly use for tv shows and other things. The problem I have with Twitter is that you can't decently discuss anything because of the limited number of characters. And that's the point, I know. But I've also seen - especially within 'fandoms' - that someone says something within those 141 (?) characters, which gets completely taken out of context, that person gets attacks, and is given no chance to properly 'defend' themselves, because of that limit.

That's why I still prefer a forum for all my outrages on tv shows
Old 04-20-2016, 10:26 AM
Elite Fan

I like the tumblr IM because now it's easy to have a conversation with a person on there...or at least easier than it used to be.
Old 04-20-2016, 10:33 AM
Master Fan

I've never done much with Tumblr at all
Old 04-20-2016, 10:35 AM
Elite Fan

And you're all the better for it.

Although I have to admit that I've never had so much fun as I have had with the Star Wars fandom. And i"m just the observer. I never add to the discussion/meme-ing. I just laugh and reblog.
Old 04-20-2016, 11:11 AM
Moderator Support Team

glad you enjoy it.
i mainly look for pix on tumblr to post on i dont really interact much on it.
Old 04-20-2016, 11:18 AM
Elite Fan

I don't interact all that much either. Just with a couple of people.
Old 04-20-2016, 03:44 PM
Moderator Support Team

hope you all have a good night
im off to the city to see Breaking Benjamin in concert. i havent been to a concert in ages. i hope i can stay awake for it all.
Old 04-21-2016, 01:33 AM
Master Fan

Hope you had fun at the concert, Jen! (and stayed awake and all that )
Old 04-21-2016, 01:33 AM
Master Fan

Hope you had fun at the concert, Jen! (and stayed awake and all that )
Old 04-21-2016, 04:05 PM
Moderator Support Team

i had a great time. the venue was beyond packed inside and freezing in there. ive been to that venue many times ive never been cold in there before (usually its beyond hot). the opening band (superbob) was beyond horrible. cant believe they were asked to be on this tour on purpose. they played a half hour. then it was a break and then breaking benjamin came out. they played an hour and a half (we have an 11pm curfew in the city for noise) such a great show. but they went a little overboard with the strobe lights. it was blinding. the guy next to me actually put his sunglasses on i posted 2 vids and some pix on my FB page. they arnt the best. i was about half way back on the side. and with the lights it was hard to get good pix.
Old 04-22-2016, 02:40 AM
Master Fan

Yeah, I saw some of your pics on Facebook
Glad to hear you had a great time And it didn't get any warmer in the venue while they were playing? In my experience it's usually crazy hot in packed venues

I'm heading to my parents later today, and I'll be staying there until Thursday Because next Wednesday happens to be a national holiday ánd my birthday. And it's a bit much to come back home just on monday, to head back to my parents on Tuesday night

But first: my next couch-to-5k run
Old 04-22-2016, 10:50 AM
Moderator Support Team

it warmed up a little but not much.

good luck on your 5k run
Old 04-22-2016, 01:13 PM
Master Fan

Thanks Will take a couple of weeks/months before I'll be able to do 5k though Did 6 intervals of 90 seconds today. I can now run around 300 meters (1000 feet) without pause But it feels good to build up a little stamina again Been so tired lately.