Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Summer TV Shows   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-16-2016, 06:48 PM
Fan Forum Star

Wow that's an pretty start.
Old 11-16-2016, 07:00 PM
Fan Forum Star

im glad it has the same time slot and is getting back 2 back eps when it returns
it just such a long wait for its return !
Old 11-16-2016, 08:53 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah I know. Thanks for posting that by the way.
Old 11-17-2016, 09:18 AM
Fan Forum Star

OK, well iZombie doesn't premiere until April. Does that mean the show is doomed?
Not necessarily! Like several of the network's shows last year, iZombie was renewed for a shorter season than the usual 22 episodes. This is a trend across broadcast TV and not just on The CW, and in that regard, the show's episode order and placement at midseason hasn't been particularly worrisome. It's true that the show's return in April -- which is a time traditionally reserved for programs that have already been canceled or are dead on arrival -- doesn't exactly instill confidence, but iZombie has a very dedicated and loyal audience and has been well received by critics and fans alike. It's likely The CW understands this and knows that the show's fans will watch Liv's crime-fighting zombie no matter when she airs. So while the fact the show is being held until April is unfortunate -- we could all use a little bit of Ravi right about now -- it doesn't mean The CW is burning it off like most shows debuting so late in the season.

Why doesn't The CW air iZombie after The Flash if No Tomorrow isn't getting additional episodes?
Scheduling is a tricky thing these days. With the exception of The CW and Fox, broadcast networks typically have three hours of primetime programming Sunday through Friday. Because of The CW's agreements with its affiliate stations, it has just two hours of programming a night (8-10 p.m.), Monday through Friday. Because the network has been producing better quality programs than it was, say, five years ago, the network has been renewing the bulk of its lineup each year and thus has more programs than timeslots in which to air them. Currently, The CW is in the business of launching its newest drama, Riverdale, while also finding room to air four returning midseason series (iZombie, The 100, Reign and The Originals are all returning in 2017) and its shows with full or near-full episode orders (Supergirl, Jane the Virgin, The Flash, Arrow, Supernatural and DC's Legends of Tomorrow).
The network is smartly using the long-running drama Supernatural, which shows no signs of letting up even in Season 12, as the lead-in to Riverdale. The network has previously used the Winchesters to launch new programming, and as a darker take on the popular Archie comics, Riverdale's tone is likely a better match for Supernatural than it is The Flash, which come January will lose freshman lead-out No Tomorrow. Moving DC's Legends of Tomorrow to Tuesdays, and thus clearing the way for Riverdale on Thursdays, makes sense because Legends has a lighter tone and will likely pair well with the adventures of Barry Allen.
Likewise, the post-apocalyptic setting of The 100 is a better match for Arrow's darker themes than iZombie's well-balanced world of comedy and drama would have been (or Frequency turned out to be). As for the two open Friday slots, see the first question. What this means is that The CW has nowhere to slot iZombie until Legends airs its full season.

tvguide
Old 11-17-2016, 02:31 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for posting that.
Old 11-17-2016, 04:18 PM
Fan Forum Star

your welcome
Old 11-17-2016, 07:41 PM
Fan Forum Star

Old 11-18-2016, 01:20 PM
Master Fan

Thanks!
I actually like that they put The 100 and iZombie together. I like those shows way more than the DC shows So I've got enough to look forward to now this spring! (And I think I just got my best friend addicted to The 100, as they just put all 3 seasons on 'our' Netflix all at once FINALLY).
Old 11-18-2016, 04:34 PM
Fan Forum Star

well im glad your happy then mascha.
i still prefer the dc shows
Old 11-18-2016, 11:57 PM
Fan Forum Star

I haven't watched the 100 to gave an opinion whether I liked it more than the DC shows or not.
Old 11-19-2016, 08:07 AM
Fan Forum Star

USD POLL : Which CW midseason TV shows are you most excited for?

vote izombie
Old 11-19-2016, 08:07 AM
Fan Forum Star

USD POLL : Which CW midseason TV shows are you most excited for?

vote izombie
Old 11-19-2016, 03:25 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for posting that and I voted for iZombie.
Old 11-19-2016, 04:31 PM
Fan Forum Star

thanks for voting
Old 11-19-2016, 05:52 PM
Fan Forum Star

No problem
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top