Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-12-2019, 08:47 AM
Moderator Support Team

iZombie (5x07) Filleted to Rest - Episode Discussion - (airdate 6/13/2019)

IZOMBIE

“Filleted to Rest” –
(8:00-9:00 p.m. ET) (TV-14, LV) (HDTV)

BON APPETIT — While investigating the murder of Eleanor Barba, a chef at a high-end restaurant, Liv (Rose McIver) consumes her brain and becomes an unrelenting perfectionist who knows just how to break a person to their very core. Meanwhile, Major (Robert Buckley) is on a mission to find out who is betraying the commander. Malcolm Goodwin, Rahul Kohli, David Anders, Aly Michalka and Bryce Hodgson also star.

Michael Fields directed the episode written by Chelsea Catalanotto (#507).

Old 06-20-2019, 11:59 AM
I am a basketball genius!

This was an interesting episode & I don't remember seeing Blaine on it at all, which was actually nice I think. Some things I found interesting was first, there's a hockey team in Seattle named the ''Seattle Sockeyes''. For those that are not minor league hockey fans, Seattle does have a team in the WHL (Western Hockey League) that is called the ''Seattle Thunderbirds''. Unsure why they couldn't use the actual minor league name, but am curious how the name ''Sockeyes'' got thought of.

Also, Clive's ex-girlfriend if I heard her correctly got hit in the face with a puck that went over the glass. Wow. That's something I feel like I needed to see to believe. It seems to defy logic, which in this case was unnecessary. If that happened in real life, I'm guessing that there would be a lawsuit involved.

Moving on, now I've never been in a morgue, but it seems odd to me that someone would want to see a random dead body there or a random dead body at all is not something that I would guess is on most people's bucket lists. On this episode there was a woman that wouldn't take ''no'' for an answer about seeing 1 in a morgue & that was strange, plus her reaction. Unusual stuff.

There was also some melodrama on this episode between Live & her mom. I feel like it would have been nice to have known this stuff about Liv's dad earlier on this show, but if I was that guy who's door Liv knocked on claiming he was her dad, I'd want at least a D.N.A. test to make sure. They already gave us a bad vibe about him too, but Liv went out of her way to meet him anyway, which I guess isn't surprising.
Old 06-20-2019, 02:20 PM
Moderator Support Team

yeah i agree i wish they told us this stuff about liv's dad earlier in the season. im not surprised she went to track him down and that he is anti zombie. im interested to see how this storyline is going to play out though.

yeah i have no idea how clive's ex got hit with the puck. i know nothing about hockey but isnt there glass everywhere to protect people from something like this from happening?
Old 06-20-2019, 03:25 PM
I am a basketball genius!

Yes. Plus it's there so fans can't just jump across to the ice I think whenever they feel like. In baseball for example some fans try & have succeeded to run onto fields during games, though it's ice, so I'd think twice anyway about running onto it with shoes, boots, or whatever. Pucks are also rubber & they get swung at with hockey sticks quite fast as you could probably imagine. Women's hockey is much different than men's. It's more of a finesse game, where I don't believe at least in the Winter Olympics that checking is allowed in their game, which basically means they aren't allowed to hit each other with their bodies at all & they also wear facemasks on their helmets to protect their faces I'd imagine, which is also different from men's hockey.
Old 06-20-2019, 04:07 PM
Moderator Support Team

plus she is pregnant so its not like she is going to go and put herself in harms way on purpose
Old 08-28-2019, 06:56 PM
Master Fan

Finally getting to watch the last season. And just when I thought we'd never hear from Liv's family again, her mother reappears!
Bummer about her dad though, but yeah makes for good drama. I'm wondering if her brother shows up later in the season... but don't spoil it yet! I'm only halfway through the season.
Old 08-29-2019, 12:24 PM
Moderator Support Team

oh yeah lots of family drama this season. glad we got to see them again.