Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-16-2017, 03:41 PM
Moderator Support Team

iZombie 3x03 -Eat, Pray, Liv - Discussion Thread (airdate 4/18/17)

“Eat, Pray, Liv” — (9:00-10:00 p.m. ET) (TV-14, DLV) (HDTV)

NAMASTE — To help Clive (Malcolm Goodwin) solve the murder of a lifestyle guru, Liv (Rose McIver) consumes his brain and takes on his zen approach to life. Ravi’s (Rahul Kohli) old boss, Katty Kupps (guest star Christina Cox, “Arrow”), is getting closer to discovering the truth while also getting closer to Ravi. Meanwhile, Blaine (David Anders) and Peyton (Aly Michalka) continue their budding friendship, much to Ravi’s (Rahul Kohli) dismay. Lastly, Major (Robert Buckley) is struggling a bit at his new job. Mairzee Almas directed the episode written by Graham Norris (#303). Original airdate 4/18/2017.

Old 04-16-2017, 04:02 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Kind Of Crazy (View Post)

Ravi’s (Rahul Kohli) old boss, Katty Kupps (guest star Christina Cox, “Arrow”)

I love the names in this show. A crime lord named "Mr. Boss", a hitman named "Kenny Killmore", a zombie named "Liv Moore", an FBI missing persons agent named "Dale Bozzio" (the lead singer of the 80's group Missing Persons) a clean-cut all-American guy named "Major Lillywhite", and now we get a CDC agent named "K. Kupps". LOL

Old 04-16-2017, 04:04 PM
Moderator Support Team

yeah very creative on the names on this show
Old 04-19-2017, 08:59 AM
Obsessed Fan

Well, it looks like Ravi just screwed up his chance with Peyton. And for what...so he could bang the woman who fired him? And what's with Liv not having a single vision this week? That was strange. And I STILL want to know what the "disturbing stuff" Peyton's friend sent her in the season premier.
Old 04-19-2017, 10:11 AM
Moderator Support Team

i know. i agree with you on all that. overall i was pretty disappointed in that ep. the only thing i enjoyed was blaine getting to sing again.
Old 04-19-2017, 10:26 AM
Obsessed Fan

There's something that's been bothering me since last season. Remember when Blaine and Major had that 'zombie-radar' last season? And now with Don E and Angus needing a zombie detector for their club, I have to ask "why?"

When Ravi created the first zombie rat, and it got loose, Liv was immediately certain that it was not interested in her because she's a zombie. And then at the Super Max party, Liv told Clive that the zombies were only interested in human brains, so they wouldn't come after her and Major. So isn't every zombie a zombie-detector? I mean, if a zombie comes across someone, and they don't want to eat their brains, doesn't that tell them that they just encountered a zombie?
Old 04-19-2017, 02:07 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superhero (View Post)
There's something that's been bothering me since last season. Remember when Blaine and Major had that 'zombie-radar' last season? And now with Don E and Angus needing a zombie detector for their club, I have to ask "why?"

When Ravi created the first zombie rat, and it got loose, Liv was immediately certain that it was not interested in her because she's a zombie. And then at the Super Max party, Liv told Clive that the zombies were only interested in human brains, so they wouldn't come after her and Major. So isn't every zombie a zombie-detector? I mean, if a zombie comes across someone, and they don't want to eat their brains, doesn't that tell them that they just encountered a zombie?
@Superhero, I think the implication was that the "zombie radar" only worked if you were human again. Least that's the impression I got.
Old 04-19-2017, 03:12 PM
I am a basketball genius!

Quote:
Well, it looks like Ravi just screwed up his chance with Peyton. And for what...so he could bang the woman who fired him?
I wasn't expecting that to happen, but if you want Blaine & Peyton to be together I gues this is great time for that to happen.
Old 04-19-2017, 08:31 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by wfmyers1207 (View Post)
@Superhero, I think the implication was that the "zombie radar" only worked if you were human again. Least that's the impression I got.

My point is that if a zombie wants to know if a person they encounter is a zombie rather than a human (say if you're a zombie running a zombie-only club) wouldn't you know that simply by knowing if you'd want to eat their brain or not? Why would you need the "chili challenge" at the door?
Old 04-20-2017, 09:27 AM
New Fan

Quote:
My point is that if a zombie wants to know if a person they encounter is a zombie rather than a human (say if you're a zombie running a zombie-only club) wouldn't you know that simply by knowing if you'd want to eat their brain or not? Why would you need the "chili challenge" at the door?
OK, good point. Only way I can think that the "chili challenge" makes sense is if maybe only "shamblers", or the more human zombies that are on the edge, get that crazy urge and can sense likely targets?
Old 04-20-2017, 02:15 PM

Yeah, unless a zombie is on diet & stopped eating brains for a while. I'm not sure if they told us how long a zombie can go without eating any brains yet.
Old 04-20-2017, 03:04 PM
Fan Forum Star

I loved this episode, it was so fun
Old 04-20-2017, 03:09 PM

It was all right I thought. So you liked Liv as a Lifestyle Guru?
Old 04-20-2017, 03:35 PM
Moderator Support Team

i didnt
Old 04-21-2017, 02:32 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by canflam (View Post)
Yeah, unless a zombie is on diet & stopped eating brains for a while. I'm not sure if they told us how long a zombie can go without eating any brains yet.
Yeah, they really haven't nailed that down yet. Is it a few days, a few weeks? In the pilot Liv "wakes up" in the body bag and immediately starts to devour the brain of a dead guy.

Was that because he was already dead? Or because when a zombie wakes up they immediately and almost irresistably need brains?

When Major was in jail he seemed to be able to hold out for a few days at least, but how long was he in there? The show doesn't really make that clear.