Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-09-2016, 01:34 PM
Moderator Support Team

iZombie 2x18 Dead Beat / 2x19 Salvation Army - 2hr Season Final Discussion Thread (airdate 4/12/16)

Quote:
iZOMBIE
Dead Beat” — (8:00-9:00 p.m. ET) (Content Rating TBD) (HDTV)

KEN MARINO (“VERONICA MARS”) GUEST STARS — Liv (Rose McIver) and Ravi (Rahul Kohli) are in need of help and find an unlikely ally in Blaine (David Anders). Detective Babineaux (Malcolm Goodwin) and Dale Bozzio (guest star Jessica Harmon) pursue a new lead on an old case. Meanwhile, when Major (Robert Buckley) finds himself in a world of trouble, sleazebag Brant Stone (guest star Ken Marino) comes to his rescue. Vaughn’s (guest star Steven Weber) evil side reaches a whole new level of mean. John Kretchmer directed the episode written by John Enbom (#218). Original airdate 4/12/2016.

iZOMBIE SEASON FINALE
Salivation Army” — (9:00-10:00 p.m. ET) (Content Rating TBD) (HDTV)

ROB THOMAS (MATCHBOX 20) GUEST STARS — Working together on a mission, Liv (Rose McIver), Detective Babineaux (Malcolm Goodwin) and Major (Robert Buckley) crash Vaughn’s (guest star Steven Weber) Super Max Rager party, where Rob Thomas (as himself) performs a song from his solo career. Meanwhile, Blaine (David Anders) reaches out to Peyton (guest star Aly Michalka) for help, which does not sit well with Ravi (Rahul Kohli). Michael Fields directed the episode written by Bob Dearden (#219). Original airdate 4/12/2016.

RULES!

- Be Respectful of other posters. Not everyone is going to agree or have the same views. Discussions are encouraged, but let’s keep things civil.

- No Character/Actor Bashing. We love your opinions on storylines, but keep in mind that these are real people who are just trying to do the best with what they are given. We might not always like how things turn out, but just remember things can always get better.

- Everything is a spoiler until it has aired.

- Any talk of Illegal Downloading should not be brought up here. Live Streams & such can be discussed through PM's.

- Most importantly, HAVE FUN!
Old 04-09-2016, 01:39 PM
Master Fan

TFTNT!

I can't wait
Old 04-09-2016, 01:40 PM
Moderator Support Team

same here. its going to be a great double episode finale.
Old 04-10-2016, 10:36 AM
Master Fan

Season finale already!!!

TFTNT!
Old 04-12-2016, 10:57 AM
Moderator Support Team

iZombie Season 2 Finale: Not Everyone Survives - Today's News: Our Take | TVGuide.com

"IZOMBIE'S" ANDERS & BUCKLEY HINT 'SOMEONE COULD GO AT ANY MINUTE'

Last edited by My Kind Of Crazy; 04-12-2016 at 04:23 PM
Old 04-12-2016, 07:30 PM
Website Manager

Watched the first half, will watch the second half tomorrow... BUT Clive knows Liv's secret. (And he didn't go all Survival mode on her like he said he'd do with his zombie apocalypse line way back when. )
Old 04-12-2016, 11:14 PM
Absolute Fan

Am I the only person who watched the final moments of "Salivation Army" and went "huh?"?
"Two hearts. One happy. One sad." - Thirteenth Doctor
Old 04-13-2016, 10:30 AM
Moderator Support Team

that was a fantastic finale. so much happened though. i think i really need to do a rewatch.

first ravi gets the girl, and then loses her to blaine (again). i felt so bad for him. im still confused on weather blaine has his memories or not..

im glad clive knows liv's secret. i just hate he had to lose his relationship with dale in order to save major.

rob thomas was so great in this ep.
Old 04-13-2016, 01:20 PM
Obsessed Fan

FINALLY Clive is let in on the secret. 'Bout damn time!

The set-up for season 3 looks intriguing, what with a zombie cartel moving into Seattle and all that. But Major is still on borrowed time. What's the deal with Peyton...is she with Ravi or not? And what happened to Don E? Kenny shot him in the chest, but I assume he's still alive (or undead, to be more precise), since he had Chief turn him. But where'd he run off to?

Next season can't happen soon enough.
Old 04-13-2016, 02:21 PM
Master Fan

CRAP, I wrote this entire post but is slooow and I forgot to copy it and now it's gone I'll try again tomorrow, now I'm tired

In summary:
Poor Clive
Poor Don E
Poor Ravi
Poor Other Rob Thomas
Old 04-13-2016, 02:36 PM
I am a basketball genius!

Certainly Poor Gilda as well. It was sad to me about what has happened to her character the past few weeks especially, because she is my favorite on this show. After she turned into a zombie though whenever she was on screen it was from what I remember just about always being locked up by Vaughn. I was not expecting a fairy tale ending for her, but she deserved better than she got. Anyway it seemed surreal after for most of her time on this show I wasn't expecting her to turn into a zombie though & then she died shortly after.

Brant Stone was more arrogant I thought than sleazy, but likely someone I'd want as my lawyer, unless he's lost most of his cases.

That Clive is something. Liv had to stab herself for him to believe that she's a zombie. OK, but Clive should at least thought it was possible. In part because if there were ever actual zombies in a huge city like Seattle, the biggest here in the Pacific Northwest that would be all over every news station in that city, but he did everything it took to stay in denial almost. Also that lady named ''Dale'' has to be the only 1 I've heard of with a first mane as that. May it's becoming more popular though. Guess it's better than ''Pebbles'' or something like that.

And finally, I've never been to a morgue, but it seemed odd that someone was on a social call while at work there. It wasn't during a break or anything. Overall it was a sad episode I'd say.
Old 04-13-2016, 03:08 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by canflam (View Post)
that lady named ''Dale'' has to be the only 1 I've heard of with a first mane as that.

I went to school with two girls named Dale. It's a uni-sex name. Also, Dale Bozzio was the name of the lady that was the lead singer for the 1980s new-wave band Missing Persons. And now this character named Dale Bozzio works for the FBI in the Missing Persons department.
Old 04-13-2016, 03:11 PM
I am a basketball genius!

Oh. Thanks for that info. That is interesting. I forgot to mention this, but it was strange to me that Ravi didn't ask who was at his door before answering it & then of course his home was invaded with him there. He was also sucker punched when perhaps he could've avoided that.

Last edited by canflam; 04-13-2016 at 03:17 PM
Old 04-13-2016, 04:09 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superhero (View Post)
I went to school with two girls named Dale. It's a uni-sex name. Also, Dale Bozzio was the name of the lady that was the lead singer for the 1980s new-wave band Missing Persons. And now this character named Dale Bozzio works for the FBI in the Missing Persons department.
i didnt know that. but that is a pretty cool reference

i loved this scene

Last edited by My Kind Of Crazy; 04-13-2016 at 06:46 PM
Old 04-14-2016, 05:15 PM
Master Fan

Loved the episode! Had me on the edge of my seat the whole time!

Thanks for that gif!