Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-29-2016, 06:04 PM
What I am, is sexy trash

iZombie 2x11 Fifty Shades of Grey Matter - Episode Discussion Thread (airdate 2/2/16)

Quote:
iZOMBIE
Fifty Shades of Grey Matter” — (9:00-10:00 p.m. ET) (TV-14, DLV) (HDTV)

LET’S TURN UP THE HEAT — Things become interesting for Liv (Rose McIver) when she and Clive (Malcolm Goodwin) investigate the murder of a young librarian, who was also secretly an erotic fiction writer. Meanwhile, things heat up between Blaine (David Anders) and someone quite unexpected. Lastly, Major (Robert Buckley) is hit with an unforeseen snag in his plan. Rahul Kohli also stars. Mairzee Almas directed the episode written by Deirdre Mangan (#211). Original airdate 2/2/2016.

RULES!

- Be Respectful of other posters. Not everyone is going to agree or have the same views. Discussions are encouraged, but let’s keep things civil.

- No Character/Actor Bashing. We love your opinions on storylines, but keep in mind that these are real people who are just trying to do the best with what they are given. We might not always like how things turn out, but just remember things can always get better.

- Everything is a spoiler until it has aired.

- Any talk of Illegal Downloading should not be brought up here. Live Streams & such can be discussed through PM's.

- Most importantly, HAVE FUN!

Last edited by My Kind Of Crazy; 02-02-2016 at 11:55 AM
My Kind Of Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 01:43 PM
Master Fan

FI-NAL-LY, almost there.

Mazza d'Evill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 07:11 PM
What I am, is sexy trash

omg liv and clive listening to the audio recording and liv rubbing clive's back and getting totally turned on by it was by far the funniest thing ever

Old 02-02-2016, 07:12 PM
Master Fan

So good so far!
Old 02-02-2016, 07:35 PM
What I am, is sexy trash

poor minor getting left behind on the bus. major had to know that the police would figure out about the tracker on the dog.

poor peyton she finally learns the truth about blaine

Last edited by My Kind Of Crazy; 02-02-2016 at 08:06 PM
Old 02-03-2016, 05:33 AM
Master Fan

That's what I call a solid episode!

Laughed my ass off at the audio book tape Just expected Kristen Bell to have sóme more lines than she did (and "as read by Kristen Bell", genius )

Also thought it was really funny how - now that Ravi, Major ánd Peyton know Liv is a zombie - her friends just kinda went along with her strange behaviour "Have you guys ever wrestled?" "Mmm, no, don't think so. But the night is still young!"

Less funny: Major with Minor and Minor alone in the back of the bus. This is literally what I looked like during that scene:

And Peyton being comforted by Liv. This was bound to happen at some point, glad it happened sooner rather than later.

Sooo, I really enjoyed how this episode made laugh a lot, made me cry ánd kept me on the edge of my seat.

ETA: IGN gives the episode a well-deserved 9

iZombie: "Fifty Shades of Grey Matter" Review | IGN

Last edited by Mazza d'Evill; 02-03-2016 at 05:44 AM
Old 02-03-2016, 11:28 AM
What I am, is sexy trash

Quote:
Also thought it was really funny how - now that Ravi, Major ánd Peyton know Liv is a zombie - her friends just kinda went along with her strange behaviour "Have you guys ever wrestled?" "Mmm, no, don't think so. But the night is still young!"
that whole scene just had me LMAO the whole time. i love how the guys just played it off so seriously. like that is just so typical liv

Quote:
Laughed my ass off at the audio book tape Just expected Kristen Bell to have sóme more lines than she did (and "as read by Kristen Bell", genius
that was great, but i too hoped she would have had more lines throughout the episode
Old 02-03-2016, 03:09 PM
Obsessed Fan

I liked the use of Leonard Cohen's A Thousand Kisses Deep there at the end.
Superhero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2016, 03:23 PM
Master Fan

I'm not really familiar with Leonard Cohen

I really hoped Liv would keep listening that audio book Oh well.

Think the weakest point of this episode was the case itself. Wasn't thé most interesting case ever. Of course the husband did it. But they reeeeally needed Liv on horny brains, so I don't even really mind
Old 02-03-2016, 03:32 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superhero (View Post)
I liked the use of Leonard Cohen's A Thousand Kisses Deep there at the end.
I enjoyed the whole episode, but Leonard Cohen was definitely my favorite part.

Mascha, it was the closing song, and he's definitely worth searching out on YouTube or whatever you use to discover music.
Old 02-03-2016, 03:33 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mascha (View Post)
I'm not really familiar with Leonard Cohen
An amazing songwriter/singer from Canada. He's in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Very distinctive sound. My favorite song of his was Everybody Knows from the Pump Up the Volume soundtrack. Concrete Blonde did a cover of that song, in the same movie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mascha (View Post)
Liv on horny brains
Yeah...I didn't mind that part either. MEOW! They better not do much more of that...I don't think I could take it!
Old 02-05-2016, 01:11 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Kind Of Crazy (View Post)
poor minor getting left behind on the bus. major had to know that the police would figure out about the tracker on the dog.

poor peyton she finally learns the truth about blaine
OMG. It just hit me that Major had a dog named Minor.

This whole season has been so good, and this ep continues that trend. I laughed A TON. Liv on erotica brains is almost as good as Liv on Frat Boy brains.
Musickat18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 12:18 PM
Obsessed Fan

When Dale Bozzio revealed to Clive that Blaine has an outstanding warrant, she holds up a search warrant, not an arrest warrant.

When Major is explaining where Minor went, it looks like Ravi is piecing it together...
Old 02-08-2016, 04:55 PM
What I am, is sexy trash

yeah i think ravi is diffidently onto major. well he knows he is lying to him. not sure how much he thinks he knows yet.

Last edited by My Kind Of Crazy; 02-09-2016 at 12:28 PM
Old 02-10-2016, 12:17 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
SKAM

Minor needs to come back!!!
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top