Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-03-2015, 06:24 PM
Moderator Support Team

iZombie 2x01 Grumpy Old Liv (season premiere) Episode Discussion [original airdate 10/6/2015]

Quote:
SEASON PREMIERE

Grumpy Old Liv” – (9:00-10:00 p.m. ET) (TV-14, DLV) (HDTV)

ADAM ROSE (“VERONICA MARS”) GUEST STARS — Liv (Rose McIver) consumes the brains of a cantankerous old man to help gain insight into his death. After receiving an anonymous call on the tipster hotline, Liv and Detective Babineax (Malcolm Goodwin) stop by the residence of Byron Thistlewaite (guest star Adam Rose), to question the mysterious caller. Meanwhile, Ravi (Rahul Kohli) suspects that Major (Robert Buckley) might be experiencing a side effect of the cure, and Liv pays Blaine (David Anders) a surprise visit. Michael Fields directed the episode written by Rob Thomas (#201). Original airdate 10/6/2015.

RULES!

- Be Respectful of other posters. Not everyone is going to agree or have the same views. Discussions are encouraged, but let’s keep things civil.

- No Character/Actor Bashing. We love your opinions on storylines, but keep in mind that these are real people who are just trying to do the best with what they are given. We might not always like how things turn out, but just remember things can always get better.

- Everything is a spoiler until it has aired.

- Any talk of Illegal Downloading should not be brought up here. Live Streams & such can be discussed through PM's.

- Most importantly, HAVE FUN!

Last edited by My Kind Of Crazy; 10-06-2015 at 10:09 AM
Old 10-06-2015, 07:54 AM
Communications Team Manager
Graphics Team

Moderator of ...
Communications Team

Hey everyone

I posted about the season premiere of iZombie on tumblr, Facebook, twitter and Livejournal. Feel free to share and spread the word!

JOIN our Communications Team.
| ray
Old 10-06-2015, 08:01 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Music

So excited for the premiere.
d o w n bad
jess + tmblr | icon
Old 10-06-2015, 08:56 AM
Master Fan

Thanks, Ray, that's great!

And thanks for opening this thread, Jen!

It's really close now!
Old 10-06-2015, 10:10 AM
Moderator Support Team

thanks ray for spreading the word
cant wait for the premiere tonight!!
Old 10-06-2015, 07:42 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Music

Okay, so this episode was crazy awesome.

Blaine's a funeral director? Really? And that coffin full of Utopium. I don't even want to know what he's going to do with that.

And Major, why? No! You can't work for Max Rager, there's gotta be another way.

I'm so thankful that Evan is alive. Although he and her mother are both pretty pissed at her. Hopefully they can work things out eventually.

I'm also relieved that Ravi's only slightly peeved that Liv used the only bits of the cure they had left.

And lastly, of course Liv's new roommate is the B from Max, I saw that coming.
d o w n bad
jess + tmblr | icon
Old 10-07-2015, 12:30 AM
Elite Fan

I thought everybody did a good job in this episode but Rose was hilarious. The thing I was most excited about was seeing what was going on with Blaine and him and Liv seeing each other again and that did not disappoint at all. This episode also really hit close to home for me because the illness that the man who was murdered had that made him so bitter, is a condition I was diagnosed with several years ago. It was sad to see how he had become over time (although something like that is a real possibility).

"One must always be careful of books," said Tessa,"and what is inside them, for words have the power to change us." -Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare
[ICON CREDIT: sourburst]
Old 10-07-2015, 01:35 PM
Master Fan

Finally finished it! Just felt so distracted all day that for some reason I had a hard time finishing ep

First 80% or so of the ep: yay, more case solving, Liv as a grumpy old man Poor guy who killed the grumpy old man, felt a bit sorry for him Pets can make you do stupid things.

Blaine owns a funeral home, OF COURSE he does Great scene between him an Liv!

Last 20% or so: GAAAAH, what's HAPPENING?! Major as a zombie assassin? Ok. But they know about Liv? And the assistent lives with Liv? NO WAY.

Sorry to hear that, AtomicEmpress... what condition was that again? It's always something when episodes of tv shows hit so close to home...
Old 10-07-2015, 02:36 PM
I am a basketball genius!

It was uncomfortable watching Liv act as bitchy that she did on this week's episode. I know the old man that died wasn't well liked apparently by anyone, but it was still depressing to watch, especially the ending. I was kinda wondering if he was so mean to everyone how did he get to live as long as he did? I guess the moral of the story was to treat people with respect.
Old 10-07-2015, 03:05 PM
Master Fan

And not to grow bitter and apart from your family and friends when you're given the choice. Believe that's what Liv got from it at the end
Old 10-07-2015, 06:21 PM
Moderator Support Team

i loved that blaine is workin at a funeral home. and he got the idea from liv..

i hate that max is blackmailing major into working for him and being an zombie assassin.

max's assistant being liv's new roomate was totally predictable
Old 10-08-2015, 11:00 AM
Obsessed Fan

1.) It seems like this brain really took over Liv. Last season, when she was on hitman brain she was able to at least acknowledge that she was acting like a bitch. But this time she didn't even realize when she was acting all racist.

2.) Is Max Rager paying Major to kill zombies, or is he donating his labor to their cause. I didn't hear any mention of adding him to payroll.

3.) The redhead from Max Rager as Liv's new roommate was a bit telegraphed...saw it coming a mile off. But one thing really stuck out to me...she was in the room when they 'hired' Major. He now knows her. How long does she expect to keep her real identity from Liv? Major is bound to stop by at some point, isn't he?

--Mark Twain
Old 10-08-2015, 01:17 PM
Master Fan

I think they'll pay Major.. I mean, they have enough power over him to let him work for free, but they still need a healthy zombie hunter with a place to live, so it makes sense that they at least provide him with enough money to get around

Yeah, obviously the redhead was gonna be the new roommate, but it still works. I'm not sure what they're hoping to achieve by that though. Just to keep an eye on her or something? I'm also not sure if it matters if Major were to find out the redhead is Liv's roommate. What can he do, tell Liv? And then what? Guess we'll just have to see
Old 10-09-2015, 08:12 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mascha (View Post)
I'm not sure what they're hoping to achieve by that though. Just to keep an eye on her or something?
Both of the recordings that Vaughn Du Clark played for Major were from Liv's phone calls. My guess is that Gilda is the one that bugged Liv's phone. If getting Major onboard was their only goal (I doubt that it was), seems like it worked pretty well.

--Mark Twain
Old 10-09-2015, 12:25 PM
Website Manager

If dead Zombies start showing up in the morgue, Liv is going to get suspicious. Felt bad for her when her family is treating her the way they are, but I guess they don't know why which I think if they did they would have been more understanding.