Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 08-11-2004, 08:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

My dad is giving me a hard time cause he saw me talking to this guy from work while I was waiting for him to pick me up. Now he's telling my mom and everybody that I'm in love w/ him. I'm like we were just talking. lol

Our dad's are a trip.

Btw, have you seen Brown Sugar movie? Not sure if I've asked you about that one yet? I like it alot.
Old 08-11-2004, 08:31 PM
Master Fan

Yeah, I saw it last year in NY. It was pretty good. I actually bought my friend Tristan a shirt that says: "when did you fall in love with hip hop?" He loved it but it was too short.

Age-a-licious's Bootylicious Nsync Fanfiction Page
Old 08-11-2004, 08:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

That's cool. I like how he tells the girl...your a perfect verse over a tight beat...".
Old 08-11-2004, 09:38 PM
Master Fan

I've actually only seen the movie once so I can't quote the movie line by line.

Have you ever seen: "Deliver us from Eva?" My sister-n-law and I watched it while she was here and she almost had an orgasem over LL Cool J's character.

Old 08-12-2004, 01:11 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Well I guess you can tell I've seen that movie a couple of times.

I've seen parts of that Deliver Us From Eva but not all of it. But damn LL sure is fine. Have you seen his new video?
Old 08-12-2004, 07:59 PM
Master Fan

Yeah, I didn't know it was him who sang that new song until I saw the video.

Old 08-12-2004, 08:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Same here...I was like WOW. Reminds me of how Usher will be like ina couple of years.
Old 08-13-2004, 02:52 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by M_J_23
That's cool. I like how he tells the girl...your a perfect verse over a tight beat...".
Is that not the dopest line of that movie? Love that movie, man! Taye Diggs looking all chocolate and lovely. Boris...well, do I need to say anything about that tall slice of heaven? And I think 'Mos Def' is just too cute for words. "You gully?" Brown Sugar for ya' baby!
Love is a smoke made with the fume of sighs. Being purged, a fire sparkling in lovers' eyes. Being vexed, a sea nourished with lovers' tears. What is it else? A madness most discreet, a choking gall and a preserving sweet. - William Shakespeare...
Old 08-13-2004, 03:59 PM
Master Fan

Wow. I'm such a nerd. I just heard that Britney Spears is remaking Bobby Brown's "My preogative" for her greatest hits album so I'm going around singing that song at the top of my lungs.

It's my preogative, I can do what I want to do...I can live my life

Old 08-13-2004, 04:04 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Age-a-licious
Wow. I'm such a nerd. I just heard that Britney Spears is remaking Bobby Brown's "My preogative" for her greatest hits album so I'm going around singing that song at the top of my lungs.

It's my preogative, I can do what I want to do...I can live my life

Britney Spears can barely sing her own songs...why in the world is someone allow her to remake someone elses'?
Love is a smoke made with the fume of sighs. Being purged, a fire sparkling in lovers' eyes. Being vexed, a sea nourished with lovers' tears. What is it else? A madness most discreet, a choking gall and a preserving sweet. - William Shakespeare...

Last edited by Darbi; 08-13-2004 at 04:43 PM
Old 08-13-2004, 04:35 PM
Master Fan

This is not the first time she's remade a song. She remade Joan Jett's "I love Rock N roll" on her third album and she didn't do a bad job.

I think this version of "My preogative" will be southerned up by her drawl. I don't think it'll sound bad and she might get a little bit street credability...or get laughed at. We wont know until her album drops in November.

Old 08-13-2004, 04:46 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Age-a-licious
This is not the first time she's remade a song. She remade Joan Jett's "I love Rock N roll" on her third album and she didn't do a bad job.

I think this version of "My preogative" will be southerned up by her drawl. I don't think it'll sound bad and she might get a little bit street credability...or get laughed at. We wont know until her album drops in November.
'My Preogative' drawled up. Hmmm...no. But hey, she's a filthy rich young'en and I'm a disgruntled older adult with five hundred dollars to my name. So, if she's gonna be someones step mom (and how cute is that little girl? Awwww) then hey...why not remake some more eighties music?
Old 08-13-2004, 04:57 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Darbi, welcome.

And yea that line in that movie is tight.

Age, Britney covering Bobby Brown's My Perrogative. Well I used to like that song.
Old 08-13-2004, 05:12 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by M_J_23

Age, Britney covering Bobby Brown's My Perrogative. Well I used to like that song.
^

Okay?

Hey MJ, how's it going?

Last edited by Darbi; 08-13-2004 at 05:21 PM
Old 08-13-2004, 05:20 PM
Master Fan

Okay, I can't remember if I'm not allowed to post back to back...or if I'm on the wrong thread for this...sorry.

But, I was just thinking. I would love, love, love if Christina did a remake of 'Through the Fire' or the less known 'Stronger than Before' by Chaka Khan. I think she would kill those two songs.

I could also see her remaking 'Stay' by Chaka Khan.

And to add to that list. Unless you have the album or old tape...most people have never heard of this song it's called 'Have my Cake and Eat it Too.' It very well may be a remake of a remake...but the first person I heard sing it was Teena Marie. I can so hear Christina belting that out at an awards show or something. It's very bluesy and soulful. Her voice would compliment that song so well. Eh! Just an idea.