Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 09-15-2004, 02:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Anabela, ITA...I'm really looking forward her next album already. I know it's goiing to be great and I love the fact that she's taking it back to old school.
Old 09-16-2004, 07:57 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by M_J_23
This picture with the car reminds me of the tv add. I've been seeing the add on tv all the time and I love to hear "Hello". It's a great song. It shows perfectly how great her voice is.
Old 09-16-2004, 02:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Ditto...I've read the lyrics to the song "Hello" and it is a great song.

Nelly on Christina

The doctor is in: The rapper Nelly might not have a degree in clinical psychology, but that doesn't stop him from speculating in the upcoming Blender magazine about which pop tart is more likely to crash and burn - Christina Aguilera or Britney Spears?

"Probably Britney," Nelly ventures. "Christina looks like she's doing it on purpose, and she looks like she has that under control. ... If something were to seriously happen to Britney, it might really affect her mentally. I'm not saying that it would, because I know Britney and she's cool, but that could be a downer for her to come down from so high as the Barbie doll of pop."

Rare Christina Picture

Not sure where it's from but she really looks nice.
Old 09-17-2004, 05:15 AM
Passionate Fan

Pat, that rare picture of her is nice.. very artsy but she looks sad in the pic

Anyways, thanks for the articles and updates!

I heard her Milan performance of Hello and it wasn't the best but it was Ok.. If you wanna hear it, here are the links..
christinamultimedia
hello
Old 09-17-2004, 03:11 PM
Passionate Fan

Christina will be featured on MTV's "Shark Tale" special. Airs next Wednesday.

About Shark Tale Soundtrack Special
The Shark Tale Soundtrack Special is a half-hour devoted to the all-star musicians who have recorded new tracks (and a few re-makes) that set this animated fantasy to a contemporary urban beat. With a music mix of hip-hop to reggae, disco to R&B the Shark Tale soundtrack is bound make a big bow on the charts. Christina Aguilera, Justin Timberlake, D12, Missy Elliott, Mary J. Blige, Ziggy Marley, and Sean Paul all bring their talents to the soundtrack. The program looks at the history and growing trends of these musical genres in Hollywood soundtracks and goes behind the scenes during the recording sessions.
Old 09-17-2004, 03:11 PM
Fan Forum Hero

maita, where you've been? I've missed ya.

New Pictures of Christina Recording 'Car Wash'

Old 09-18-2004, 02:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Voting Campaign

Old 09-19-2004, 10:56 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the pics Pat

Sorry if this has been mentioned before, but Amazon are quoting 12 October 2004 for the Stripped DVD to be released
Old 09-19-2004, 02:39 PM
Master Fan

Aw, I miss her honey coloured hair. It looked so awesome.

I love her and everything, but I really wish she'd tone down the make-up. She has such a pretty face and awesome skin, less (in her case) is definately more).
Michael: Guess what, I have flaws. What are they? Oh, I don't know. I sing in the shower. Sometimes I spend too much time volunteering. Occasionally I'll hit somebody with my car. So sue me. No, don't sue me. That is the opposite of the point that I'm trying to make.
Old 09-19-2004, 03:08 PM
Passionate Fan

Her legs are looking great.
Old 09-20-2004, 10:09 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Samii
I love her and everything, but I really wish she'd tone down the make-up. She has such a pretty face and awesome skin, less (in her case) is definately more).
I agree with you. I often think she doesn't need all the make-up.
But I think she has fun with it and if she feels good about it, then I can't object.
Old 09-20-2004, 02:03 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Just Peachy., thanks for the info on the Stripped DVD. I wish they'd just release it already.

Andrea D, ITA...she has great legs.

NEW Pictures: Christina leaving Campaign with Jordy

Old 09-20-2004, 03:33 PM
Passionate Fan

heh. She just looks like some classy lady from the 20s walking around.

-----------

Nelly Album Reviews Praise 'Tilt Ya Head Back'

Jim Farber, New York Daily News:

The set's best cut, "Tilt Ya Head Back," openly embraces pop in its terrific matchup with Christina Aguilera. The cut involves a bit of a cheat: It swipes the probing bass line and punching horns of "Superfly." But the song has an original melody, Aguilera's voice has never sounded stronger, and when Nelly throws in his bouncy flow, it creates a beat that will have you dancing for days.

Alexis Petridis, The Guardian:
"Tilt Ya Head Back," featuring a mercifully restrained Christina Aguilera vocal and samples from Curtis Mayfield's "Superfly," is so obviously a future number one, they may as well raise a celebratory flagon of Pimp Juice now.

RenĂˆe Graham, The Boston Globe:
"Tilt Ya Head Back," which samples Curtis Mayfield's "Superfly," burns nicely with restrained but effective vocals from Christina Aguilera.

Alex Roberts, The Daily Orange:
The best track on this CD, and arguably on either disc, is "Tilt Ya Head Back," a duet Nelly sings with Christina Aguilera. Many listeners already know this song, as it was performed at this year's MTV Video Music Awards. The beat samples the song "Superfly," and these two have excellent vocal chemistry together. Aguilera's voice, as always, is top notch and, unlike at the VMAS, Nelly surprisingly holds his own on the studio version.

Sean Daly, The Washington Post:
Nelly swipes the bassline strut of Curtis Mayfield's "Superfly" for "Tilt Ya Head Back," which features a frisky Christina Aguilera matching Nelly bedroom boast for boast, their verbal foreplay heated up by sassy blasts of brass.

Tom Moon, The Philadelphia Inquirer:
An addictive, wound-tight James Brown groove, "Tilt Ya Head Back," that's the best thing Christina Aguilera has sung on in ages.

Jason Birchmeier, All Music Guide:
The Sweat disc in particular features, at least, a half-dozen songs that could be smash hits, whether on radio, on MTV, or in clubs: "Na-Nana-Na," "Flap Your Wings," "Tilt Ya Head Back," "Grand Hang Out," "Playa," and "Boy" are all first-rate party rap, on a par with anything else out there on the market in 2004.

Kevin C. Johnson, St. Louis Post-Dispatch:
Christina Aguilera joins Nelly on "Tilt Ya Head Back" from "Sweat," a song they debuted on MTV's Video Music Awards.

"When she opens her mouth, it's incredible, and one thing I'm about doing is incredible music," Nelly says.

"Tilt Ya Head Back" has all the makings of a hit, especially with its heavy borrowing of Curtis Mayfield's "Superfly."
Old 09-20-2004, 05:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Andrea D, thanks for posting those reviews. Glad Christina is getting some praises on how she sounded instead of looked.

Wonder when their video will be out?
Old 09-21-2004, 06:36 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally posted by M_J_23
Just Peachy., thanks for the info on the Stripped DVD. I wish they'd just release it already.

Andrea D, ITA...she has great legs.

NEW Pictures: Christina leaving Campaign with Jordy

Your welcome

And thanks for your pics

Christina is looking great and I love the pink high heels that she was wearing