Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 09-10-2004, 09:56 AM
Addicted Fan

Aguilera to team up with Stone

Dirrty singer Christina Aguilera is set to record a duet with British soul sensation Joss Stone.

The Soul Sessions star, 17, has spoken on the phone to the Aguilera about working together in the future but won't confirm when the collaboration will take place.

Stone explains: "I spoke to her really briefly the other day. I was talking to photographer David LaChapelle on the phone about my video and he said: 'Someone wants to a word with you.'

"It was Christina. She told me she liked my voice and I asked her whether she'd like to do something together."

Source:irsihexaminer.com
Old 09-10-2004, 09:58 AM
Addicted Fan

Fashion's big coverup
By BARBARA NACHMAN
THE JOURNAL NEWS
(Original publication: September 10, 2004)

Christina Aguilera appears on the cover of Elle magazine's fall fashion issue in an outfit that pulls together pieces by Givenchy, Girbaud and BCBG. That's three more designers than she wore on the cover of Rolling Stone last year when she posed with only a purple guitar.

What's gotten into the pop tart?

Has she become a believer in the New Modesty?

As summer drifts into fall, the fashion world is all atwitter over the new buttoned-up, cleavage-concealing, bottom-covering styles that monopolized the runways during the American and European shows.

"Sex, it seems, is going out of fashion," wrote Jacob Bernstein in Women's Wear Daily. And in Vogue, a "newfound craving to conceal, not reveal" was identified. "Fall fashion has developed a distinct propensity for propriety," the magazine concluded.

"There is a new primness to the way the collections were styled," agrees Ken Downing, fashion director at Neiman Marcus. "There's a real lady moment happening in fashion right now."

So ... "put away your flip-flops and wash your hair," suggests trend forecaster David Wolfe of Manhattan's Doneger Group. "Fashion has gone through the scruffy, the flashy and the jokey, and has moved on."

"Skirts are a respectable length," Wolfe says. "Tops are often not see-through. There are dresses with sleeves for the winter. What a surprise. And best of all, everything is kind of coordinated. It looks like someone with taste, style and breeding has chosen to wear them."

"It's the perfect belted cardigan over a ladylike skirt," adds Downing. "There's definitely a tight, tight, tight, slim, slim, slim skirt that can be worn with a cropped puffy jacket."

"The big coat has shrunken really small," he explains. "As opposed to looking like the Michelin Tire Man."

At the same time, Downing says designers presented the opposite silhouette, pairing a shrunken fitted jacket, often in tweed, over a skirt with fullness and volume.

"It's almost a librarian-secretary kind of look," says Stephanie Solomon, a Bloomingdale's fashion director. "But with a twist."

At Nordstrom, Gregg Andrews credits a natural cyclical rhythm for this reversal of fashion.

"Fashion continues to evolve," he says, "and when we come to a point where the jeans have dropped as low as they can go, we move in the opposite direction."

Yes, you can expect more natural-waist pants and skirts in stores for fall. Forward designers are even showing high-waist styles. It's too soon to know if women will embrace these sedate styles. But Wolfe, who advises stores on how to stock their racks and shelves, thinks we're ready for the change.

"Fashion can't stand still," he says. "And if we continued the way we were going, people would stop wearing clothes altogether. And that would be bad for business."

Not to mention the health issues.

Wolfe calls the new styles grown-up. "Designers have finally come to grips with a grown-up woman who has buying power and an interest in fashion," he says. "I think this fall is the beginning of a long cycle of more attractive, more wearable, exciting clothes."

Already, there are signs that prim is in.

Some say Janet Jackson's "wardrobe malfunction" at the Super Bowl revealed just how vulgar and overexposed fashion had become. That's the backlash theory.

But here are some facts: Women's Wear Daily reported that fashion advertising is less overtly sexual. Abercrombie & Fitch has removed the nudity from its controversial catalogs. Madonna is pushing spirituality. Shock frocks, like the Jennifer Lopez green Versace number, have become a rarity on the red carpet. And then there's Ella.

In May, 11-year-old Ella Gunderson tossed off a "Dear Nordstrom" letter complaining to the retailer that she was unable to find pants that didn't show off her belly and her underwear. Are girls supposed to walk around half-naked? asked the Washington state 'tween. "I think you should change that."

Andrews, who is Nordstrom's East Coast fashion director, says fall fashion is all about that change.

"There's not as many plunging necklines and backlines," he says. "And some of the pants even have a cummerbund-like waistline."

"Designers are really embracing the '30s, '40s and '50s, times that seem more innocent," he adds. "It's much more demure as opposed to overtly sexy."

"Demure is a very, very good word to describe it," agrees Solomon at Bloomingdale's. "It's polished, put-together — a bow blouse and a pencil skirt. We believe it's the ultimate in femininity. And there's something very alluring and provocative about someone who's covered up. It leaves more to the imagination."

And while the styles may be grown-up, they're not just for grown-ups, she adds. Teens will also find these fashions in their department.

Trash-fash belly shirts and dangerously low jeans are being replaced in the junior department, too, says Laura McDonald at T.J. Maxx. Aguilera, after all, is a role model for the MTV set.

The New Modesty may be a welcome change for Ellas of every age. Still, exhibiting a leave-no-woman-behind philosophy, some designers continue to offer more risqué styles. Zac Posen is one of them. The word modest would hardly describe his slinky cocktail dresses with deep décolletage. And then there's Dolce & Gabbana.

In June, Women's Wear Daily reported that the design team's resort collection included form-fitting shapes and racy slip dresses.

The headline: "Livin' la Vita Dolce

Source: http://www.nyjournalnews.com/newsroo...12fepfash.html
Old 09-10-2004, 10:00 AM
Addicted Fan

CHRIS'S DIRRTY TIGHTS Sep 9 2004

Pat this goes with the picture you posted from the airport.
-Remedy

DIRRTY girl Christina Aguilera's bizarre fashion sense is well known.

But her latest look must be the strangest yet.

Yesterday, the 23-year-old flew into London wearing a frumpy cardigan, a baseball cap - and Kama Sutra stockings.

The pop star said recently she liked to constantly change her image to keep boyfriend Jordan Bratman interested.

But while it's easy to see why Jordan would like the sexy drawings on Christina's stockings, her woolly cardie is more of an acquired taste.

And even Christina's biggest fans would be struggling to describe her Heathrow Airport get-up as Beautiful

Soruce:dailyrecord.co.uk
Old 09-10-2004, 10:17 AM
Ultimate Fan

Remedy: thank you for the articles.

I'm glad Christins will work with Joss Stone. They both have great voices.

About the outfit she wore in Heathrow. Yeah, it's weird. But I think we should all be used to being surprised by Christina by now.
Anyway, I think everybody puts too much attention in what she wears.
Old 09-10-2004, 01:33 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Rem, thanks for posting those articles.

Anabela, I think they make a big deal out of what she wears. Sometimes she feels like dressing up and at other times she doesn't. Get over it.

NEW Pictures: Christina at the Mercedez Benz News Conference in Milan (9-9-04)

She looks great...I love her big curls.
Old 09-10-2004, 07:09 PM
Fan Forum Hero

MUNICH, GERMANY: US singer Christina Aguilera poses next to a Mercedes Benz A 180 CDI during the presentation of the new Mercedes A-Class in Munich, 10 September 2004.

Old 09-11-2004, 02:13 PM
Fan Forum Hero

More Pictures

Nelly on working with Christina

Christina Aguilera joins Nelly on "Tilt Ya Head Back" from "Sweat," a song they debuted on MTV's Video Music Awards - amid rumors that the singers' two camps didn't get along, according to the New York Daily News.

"When she opens her mouth, it's incredible, and one thing I'm about doing is incredible music," Nelly says.
Old 09-11-2004, 02:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Few More

She looks beautiful....
Old 09-13-2004, 01:42 PM
Fan Forum Hero

She really looks beautiful here.

Old 09-13-2004, 01:50 PM
Addicted Fan

Christina Aguilera Goes Commercial

Ambitious pop princess Christina Aguilera has applied to add her name to a staggering 450 new products.

If the applications are accepted by the US Patent and Trademark Office, fans of the Dirrty singer will soon be able to buy Christina crayons, badminton sets, hi-fis, deodorant and modelling clay.

A source says, "There is so much money in merchandising it would be a waste if Christina didn't launch products.

"She has a shrewd business brain and has come up with a lot of these ideas herself."

Source: http://www.wokr13.tv/entertainment/s...6-DDEA2671EB2B
Old 09-13-2004, 01:51 PM
Addicted Fan

RRED HOT Sep 11 2004
Thigh fashion for saucy Christina
By Andy Rudd

CHRISTINA Aguilera got down and Dirrty again last night as she took to the stage in scarlet stockings and bra.

The singer is notorious for her trashy dress sense. And she delighted male fans as she flashed the flesh in lingerie costumes - including a sparkly bustier - at the Mercedes Class A party in Milan.

With her coiffed platinum locks and daring outfits, the 23-year-old was reminiscent of Madonna during the late 1980s.

However, she claimed she is more like fashion's version of Vincent Van Gogh.

The pop diva denied dressing provocatively and claimed to be broadening people's minds - just like the 19th century Dutch artist.

She said: 'I don't believe in the words fashion faux pas,because fashion is self-expression.

'Van Gogh wouldn't look back at a piece of his art and say,'Oh,that is an art faux pas'.It is the same with fashion.

'Anyone who doesn't agree, I am pushing them to think outside the box they live in.'

The star is said to have agreed to record a duet with British soul sensation Joss Stone,17

Source:dailyrecord.
Old 09-13-2004, 05:44 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Rem, thanks for posting those articles.
Old 09-14-2004, 06:44 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Rred Hot

Thigh fashion for saucy Christina

Christina Aguilera got down and Dirrty again Friday night as she took to the stage in scarlet stockings and bra.

The singer is notorious for her trashy dress sense. And she delighted male fans as she flashed the flesh in lingerie costumes - including a sparkly bustier - at the Mercedes A Class party in Milan

With her coiffed platinum locks and daring outfits, the 23-year-old was reminiscent of Madonna during the late 1980s.

However, she claimed she is more like fashion's version of Vincent Van Gogh.

The pop diva denied dressing provocatively and claimed to be broadening people's minds - just like the 19th century Dutch artist.

She said: 'I don't believe in the words fashion faux pas,because fashion is self-expression.

'Van Gogh wouldn't look back at a piece of his art and say,'Oh,that is an art faux pas'.It is the same with fashion.

'Anyone who doesn't agree, I am pushing them to think outside the box they live in.'

Source: Daily Record

Christina: "I Can Open Door"

Christina Aguilera has paid a visit to Germany to help promote a car, not just any old car mind you - a classy Mercedes A Class.

Christina took time to answer the question we've all be dying to know - does she believe men should open car doors for women?

"I'm a woman and I am capable of opening my own door and I don't necessarily need a man to do it."

"But, it's always nice and polite for a gentleman to be a gentleman, but I don't think women do need men necessarily anyway, but it's ok!"

Source: BBC Radio 1
Old 09-14-2004, 06:49 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Back To The Future For Christina

Pop princess Christina Aguilera has unveiled her new look - and promised a whole new sound on her next album.

Aguilera said she wanted her music to be influenced by the sort of thing that her grandparents would have enjoyed listening to.

"It's a whole vision based on the old classic era of soul, blues and jazz - I'm digging deep into that," she said.

NEW 2005 Calendar

"Sharks Tale" Movie Animation

Old 09-15-2004, 01:58 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by M_J_23
Aguilera said she wanted her music to be influenced by the sort of thing that her grandparents would have enjoyed listening to.

"It's a whole vision based on the old classic era of soul, blues and jazz - I'm digging deep into that," she said.[/img]
I adored this article because, lately, I've been listening a lot to Ella Fitzgerald and Billie Holiday. I've never been into that kind of music but lately I've been enjoying it a lot. I'm glad Christina will look for inspiration in the music of those days for her next album.