Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 11-10-2003, 12:23 PM
Addicted Fan

Christina and her fueds

Okay, I’m going to try this out to get some other people’s thoughts on this subject. Lately, I have notice that Christina has a couple of feuds going on. As a fan of her vocal ability it makes me worry that with these feuds people will sidetrack the voice but, pay attention to the battles instead. In other genres’ of music I see where battles are necessary it brings out the craft of the music. Now, we have Christina vs. Pink, Christina vs. Beyonce, Christina vs. so on so on. This is getting old here, I’m not saying that she has to say she loves everyone but, why give them PR when she could use it for their selves.

Question: What do you think of performers like Beyonce and etc.?

Christina: What’s your favorite song from Stripped?

Promote your album and avoid answering questions like this. These people are not saying to the interviewer “Can we please stop talking about me and talk about Christina Aguilera?”

People love drama, so why give it to them. Yes, her comments are rebuttals but, as fans of Christina we should know and so should Christina how dirty the media can become. The press has made her the bad girl, and they will never say others started it. (Example: Shannen Doherty) Take a look at the how the media portray the EMA’s with Kelly. We all know that Kelly and Christina never met when Kelly started this BS crap; however, it’s Christina we see starting it. Pink has been throwing jabs about Christina ever since Beautiful was release. Again, the media portrays Christina as starting it.

Now we have an article coming out from Blender where she blasts Beyonce and Britney.

With all of these articles coming out, it makes me very worry that people will still sleep on her talent and focus on the BS around Hollywood.

Your thoughts

Remedy
Old 11-10-2003, 12:40 PM
Supreme Fan

I'm going to let this thread stay open, but I'll be monitoring it closely. If it turns into a thread where all we do is argue who is better than the other, I will close it. Being a Christina fan doesn't mean to all of us, that other artists are less... well, artists really.

If this thread can be conducted in a mature and rational way, a discussion, NOT an arguement, then it can stay. If not... well, it can't. FF is not into letting people freely bash posters or celebrities, so be careful.

My opinion is that, Christina's entitled to her own thoughts and she's also entitled to express them, any way she see's fit. I do think the media embelishes on things she says and a lot of stuff is taken out of context. Whether she dislikes people or wants to have their babies, it's the music I'm interested in and what a lot of people should stay focused on.

:://bri

"i'm not perfect or saved, baby." - wil wheaton
Old 11-10-2003, 12:45 PM
Addicted Fan

Switch,
I did not start this topic to bash other celebrites and if it came out that way I do aplogize. The topic came to me after reading and reading all these articles on Christina vs. just about everyone and how they focus on her antics and not others.

I want to see how other people felt about this topic. I know I'm not the only one who notices that Christina is an easy target for people to pick on but, when she comes back, she's the bad girl.

Again, I'm not trying to bash anyone just wondering what everyone thoughts is about this.

Remedy
Old 11-10-2003, 12:59 PM
Elite Fan

I think it does take away from her abilities. Some people just do not listen to her, but hear the negative comments, they might not know where they come from or who started what, but just associate Christina with negativity. Fans of a particular artist will more than likely back that artist, and fuel the argument on that side of the coin. When in all of it, there is some middle ground. Bashing another artist is fine, in my opinion, so long as there is some sort of foundation for it. I don't really think there is a need for it for any of the artists in question, Q, you know my thoguhts on Beyonce, those are just personal though [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

And by bashing, i mean artist to artist. Not a poster bashing, we all have our reasons for wanting to do that. Like Brit said, that won't be allowed here.
Old 11-10-2003, 01:40 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Remedy, nice to see you back here and starting off topics. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Now on to the topic itself, I'm glad Christina is finally standing up for herself, I see nothing wrong w/ that. She did the same thing w/ the whole Eminem situation and I see it the same as w/ Kelly and Pink right now. Actually I think her problem w/ Em was bigger than the whole Kelly/Pink/Beyonce feud and if she survived that, then I'm pretty sure she can rise from all this too.

Btw, let me just say that I didn't know Christina had an issue w/ Beyonce, I thought Beyonce had issues w/ Christina but you know too how I feel about Beyonce, so I'll leave it at that! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

While it can take the spotlight away from her talents, I don't think Christina getting 'bad media' is something new to deal with. She's been getting that ever since she debuted and especially when she released 'Stripped'. But I'm thinking at the same time more spotlioght will given to her b/c of her feuds and people want to hear what she's going to do or say next. Since everybody already knows she can sing and is a great talent. Same thing happend w/ the whole Ja Rule/50 Cent/Eminem feud, though it may be different, it's still sorta the same thing. People know Em is a good rapper and know what he can do music-wise, same w/ Christina. Adding controversy, which both are very good at, seems to add some 'mystique' to there personalities which the media loves.

On a different note, I didn't know that Christina blasted Britney and Beyonce in the 'Blender' magazine, I have yet to read it. But I just hate the whole double standard that's put on Christina when compared to how she dresses w/ Beyonce.

I hope my post made sense... [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
Old 11-10-2003, 03:56 PM
Supreme Fan

Remedy, I did not intend to say that you were trying to start a war. I understand your reasons for starting this topic, and think if it is handled correctly it could be very productive. My post is there to merely serve as a reminder to those who visit this thread what will and will not be tolerated. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] I didn't mean to make it seem I was singling you out specifically.

Old 11-12-2003, 10:00 AM
Absolute Fan

she is just giving her opiens (why should she hide what she really feel? ) about britney and beyonce but it doesn`t mean..she is blashing them.

and pink have a lot problemes with almost everybody [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
and about kelly,she start it and she get what she deserve...and noo comment.
Old 11-13-2003, 03:25 AM
Extreme Fan

For once I'm so happy Christina is standing up for herself, I've seen people trash her over and over and it's about time she starts speaking up. I just hope people understand if she says something about some other artist there must have been something that happened that we probably don't know about. On another note about 20 days until Grammy nominations are anounced, I'm pretty sure Christina will get tons of noms. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

[ 11-13-2003: Message edited hotspunk ]
Old 11-13-2003, 09:24 AM
Fan Forum Hero

From 'MTV You Tell Us: "Aguilera and Osbourne Feud"

I am so glad that Christina Aguilera finally took a long overdue shot at Kelly Osbourne. For the last two years, Osbourne has been badmouthing Aguilera although she has admitted that most of her disdain toward the powerhouse vocalist stems from hearsay about her diva behavior. Osbourne needs to grow up and learn to judge people based on firsthand experiences and not tired old rumors. It was only a matter of time before Christina responded. Like a hypocrite, Osbourne resorted to criticizing Aguilera for some harmless ribbing at the EMAs. Christina is right in saying that if the spoiled British brat dishes it out she needs to learn how to also take it!

V.G., 22
Jamaica, NY

Kelly Osbourne needs to learn that what goes around comes around. What did she expect? After you dish it out to a person, that person shouldn't fight back? Get real! In the end, people will still appreciate Christina Aguilera because she earned her fame by talent alone. Remember, Christina confronted Eminem; Kelly's a piece of cake.

Andrea, 19
Miami, FL
Old 11-13-2003, 04:15 PM
Passionate Fan

what did christina say about Britney, I thought they were good friend's?

Laura
Old 11-13-2003, 04:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Not sure yet since I haven't been able to read the Blender magazine interview. Also not sure if there good friends but rather more just friends. [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]
Old 11-13-2003, 09:28 PM
Dedicated Fan

I didn't actually know this, thanks for the info! Xtina's a great singer and media shouldn't matter. She'll have to be careful in the future!

You know you love me...
Old 11-14-2003, 11:16 AM
Absolute Fan

soo you mean that she shouldn`t never said what she is thinking?

everybody is trying to make her semeed like she is a worst person,don`t you all see that?
Old 11-14-2003, 05:06 PM
Loyal Fan

I think she's entitled to defend herself, but it's how she phrases her defense that's important. She should do it without resorting to the same immaturities some others utilize, y'know the bashing. Unfortunately, these feuds - no matter who initiated them - will drive the media to overshadow Christina as a talented artist with this petty ******* talking. The press want dirt, gossip; it's what they thrive on. Hopefully, Christina will handle it well.

So what is this about Pink? Didn't they claim to be cool with each other when they collaborated on "Lady Marmalade"? What happened?
Old 11-14-2003, 07:08 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by *IHeartGenie*:
<STRONG>So what is this about Pink? Didn't they claim to be cool with each other when they collaborated on "Lady Marmalade"? What happened?</STRONG>
Well, the story is that they had a big row and fell out on the set of Lady Marmalade and haven't spoken since.

However, I was watching something on t.v. the other day, and there was a clip of P!nk saying that it was all crap and that they see each other sometimes.

So... your guess is as good as mine.