Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-15-2004, 12:53 PM
Elite Fan

I like the original blonde hair, she was "real" visually.
Old 03-15-2004, 01:53 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
originally posted by Remedy:

Dark Hair I am glad that she went to the dark side. I really do not want her to ever go back blonde. When I look at her with blonde hair she looks so young and then when I see her with dark hair she looks older.
Same here, no surprise there! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
I love how the black hair looks on her, not only does she look older but also more exotic and mysterious appeal to her.

Of course I liked the blonde hair when she was starting out, but now that she's proven herself and is a strong force in today's music, I don't think she should go back! It's almost like been there, done that, you know? [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-16-2004, 12:07 PM
MST Manager

Quote:
Originally posted by General Jiang Wei:
<STRONG>I like the original blonde hair</STRONG>
Me too.
Old 03-16-2004, 01:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I wouldn't mind seeing her go all red for a day or two. I like red so that's why... [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
Old 03-17-2004, 08:20 AM
Addicted Fan

Funny that you should say red, I was thinking the same thing when you threw the question out to me.

Since we are talking about things that we want Christina to do on her next album. I also want to talk about her PR that I would like for her to do. I would like for Coca- Cola to pick her back up since they did well on the sales together.

I also would like for her to do the following shows.

Dave Letterman
Jay Leno
The View
Today Show
Good Morning America
John Daily
SNL
MadTV
106 and Park
VH1
E!

I would also like for her album to drop around Grammy time where she should perform. Do a couple of charity concerts.

Magazines
Allure
Vibe
Glamour
In Style
Spin
Rolling Stones
GQ
Vogue
W

What about you?
Love,
Rem
Old 03-17-2004, 08:58 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Rem, ITA w/ your post. You got all the good shows and magazines all down already. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

As for the red hair, I think it would look nice on her and maybe add even more rebel to her image already. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Dropping her new album around Grammy time would be great PR right there. Maybe even present an award.

What do you thjnk of Christina hosting the MTV Movie or Video Awards? Maybe around the time her album comes out to promote it even more since you know MTV hardly ever does. She can probably throw some "smart-a*ss" comments in there and I know MTV hasn't exactly treated Christina w/ the respect she deserves but it would be a good way to get her "acting" more out there for a possible movie role? [img]smilies/look.gif[/img] Maybe she can co-host it w/ somebody else, something sorta like Sarah Michelle Gellar and Jack Black did. Plus she already did a great job hosting the Europe MTV Awards. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

[ 03-17-2004: Message edited M_J_23 ]
Old 03-17-2004, 11:58 AM
Addicted Fan

MTV and Christina Okay I am going to be honest here and just come and say it. I really do not want her stepping foot on MTV. Not for a freaking VMA, not for a special, or for anything else. See MTV does not respect the artists out there, I am not saying that I wanted them to kiss her but because, that’s not it. What I am saying is that I want them to be real. Christina does not need MTV to sell her records, she has major vocal talent and can go to VH1 or BET or other stations. Yes, I know they are own by the same people; however, MTV is more about highschool then about talent. They are more on making someone looking bad instead of just reporting the freaking story.

I can name over ten people who did not step on MTV and had number one albums. Did you know that MTV didn’t want to talk to Ricky Martin, until he received a standing ovation at the Grammy? If your not in their clique then you get no love. Big example, is 50 cents he won big at the VMA’s and just thought that he would take everything home at the Grammy. Come on now, if they are going to award anyone in Rap right now it is either Jay, Nas, Marshall, Dre or Missy and Eve. Your not taking nothing.

Acting I can see her working with Steven Spielberg soon doing something small and then moving up. She should do the acting different then her counterparts. Do not expect to carry the movie just do something small. I also can see her on Broadway too, you know getting the feel from the audience and act on it.

Love,

Rem
Old 03-17-2004, 02:00 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Did you know that MTV didn’t want to talk to Ricky Martin, until he received a standing ovation at the Grammy?

Yea and that sucked big time, I would have preferred for Ricky deny them the interview too but I know that's not in his personality.

Acting, I can also see her maybe acting in some Steven Spielberg movies as small roles. Hey isn't that how Jennifer Garner started too? [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
I wouldn't want her to carry the movie right of way, I'd like her to be "surprise star" of the movie. (forgot how you call those) And definitely don't want to see her as a singer, too over done already.

So what do you say comedy or drama as her first role? I can totally see her doing both especially comedy after her SNL skits. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 03-19-2004, 09:22 AM
Addicted Fan

MTV that is the main reason why I really want her to stay away from MTV. I understand that some people go by what MTV says but 99.9% does not. I also think that if she actually perform on 106 and Park acappella that could do wonders for her.

My whole thing with Christina for this album is for people to understand that most likely she will be 23 or 24 when her album drops out. She has change and hopefully she has mature and when you do this not just your look will change but everything should. Where it is nice to do teen mags they really are not nice to her. It is easy to pick on her for being different instead of applauding her for go left.

The hardest thing is for some fans to understand that she is done with walking around the stage with little clothing on. Not many of her fans would like that but, then again that’s them. I am fan of her voice and everything else is second.

I can see her doing either type of film since she changes her looks, actions on each album she does.

VH1 Divas I don’t think she is going to do this. Cyndi Lauper and Joss Stone have join Patti along with Jessica. Maybe another time.

Love,
Rem
Old 03-19-2004, 10:03 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I also think that if she actually perform on 106 and Park acappella that could do wonders for her.

Oh I'd love to see that, definitely leave them w/ there mouths open. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

My whole thing with Christina for this album is for people to understand that most likely she will be 23 or 24 when her album drops out. She has change and hopefully she has mature and when you do this not just your look will change but everything should. Where it is nice to do teen mags they really are not nice to her. It is easy to pick on her for being different instead of applauding her for go left.

ITA w/ you there and understand that she will probably go thru another change when her next album comes out. It's just part of the deal, you can't really choose to stay the same since that would be repetitive and boring. I'm sure Christina will blow our minds again w/ the release of her 3rd album. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

The hardest thing is for some fans to understand that she is done with walking around the stage with little clothing on. Not many of her fans would like that but, then again that’s them. I am fan of her voice and everything else is second.

Ditto plus I'm glad she didn't do another 'Genie in a Bottle' album afterwards, that would have really disappointed me cause I know she has more talent than that.

VH1 Divas I don’t think she is going to do this. Cyndi Lauper and Joss Stone have join Patti along with Jessica. Maybe another time.

Yea I heard about that too, oh well maybe next year will be her year w/ even better performers. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-24-2004, 02:23 PM
Addicted Fan

Hey sweetie,

Sorry to hear about your cold, life has step in the way too. Now I am back to continue our conversation. I read that Christina will be part of the Parliament/ Funkadelic tribute I am very happy with this for so many reasons. One, it is the step that we have been talking about for awhile. I wonder if she is going to cover a song from them?

As I stated this is in the right field for her when it comes to showing her the funk and the soul. Never thought that she might bring a funk, latin flavor to the mix. I am itching for her third album more then ever now.

Divas again, I am a little upset that we will not hear her vocals on this diva. I think that it is for the best. I would prefer her and Teena Marie to be on stage together for Diva’s. I am not sure if you have notice that the females showcasing their vocals are all sopranos. Another reason why Christina should do this one.

Usher did you check his little interview about what’s R&B? Man, never love Usher but after he stated this I just might. LOL

MTV: So what's the essence of R&B?

Usher: The essence of R&B is real experience. It's based on soul. It's based on feeling groove and rhythm and a combination of all them coming together to make a piece of magic. It sort of puts artists in a vulnerable place where they're emotionally drenched, pouring something out, you know. If you think back to Whitney Houston's earlier days, Aretha Franklin's earlier days, Bobby Womack's earlier days, it's like they were crying to you on records. Sam Cooke, you felt him. James Brown, you felt him. That's what it is, that's funk R&B.

MTV: Who do you think are some of your peers on the R&B level?

Usher: Obviously R. Kelly. Beyoncéé is definitely doing her thing, Joe definitely understands. You've got new cats —— newcomers who understand R&B but do it in a fusion of different styles like Robin Thicke —— that just truly understand the essence of real music. Do they sell a lot records? No, because it ain't bull--: cars, clothes, hoes, money and wheels spinning. That's bull!
www. mtv.com

Love,

Rem
Old 03-24-2004, 02:41 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Hey sweetie,
Sorry to hear about your cold, life has step in the way too.

Thanks Rem [img]smilies/hug.gif[/img] , feeling better now just a little sore from all the sneezing I was doing.

Now I am back to continue our conversation. I read that Christina will be part of the Parliament/ Funkadelic tribute I am very happy with this for so many reasons. One, it is the step that we have been talking about for awhile. I wonder if she is going to cover a song from them? [/quote]

Yea I read that too since I posted it in the News section. I'm also looking forward to see her participation on there too, at least I hope there is one and she's just not an announcer. (Like she was for the MTV Icon for Janet, I don't get why she didn't perform.)

As I stated this is in the right field for her when it comes to showing her the funk and the soul. Never thought that she might bring a funk, latin flavor to the mix. I am itching for her third album more then ever now.

Same here and a funk/latin flavor mix sounds great. I'm all excited and she hasn't even began work on it yet. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

Divas again, I am a little upset that we will not hear her vocals on this diva. I think that it is for the best. I would prefer her and Teena Marie to be on stage together for Diva’s. I am not sure if you have notice that the females showcasing their vocals are all sopranos. Another reason why Christina should do this one.

I'll just leave it that this wasn't her year to do it, and maybe next year it will. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Usher did you check his little interview about what’s R&B? Man, never love Usher but after he stated this I just might. LOL

Wow go Usher! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] I hadn't heard that about his interview but did see him yesterday on TRL. Very nice to know SOME people get it. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] Wonder if he's listened to 'Stripped'. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-26-2004, 09:24 AM
Addicted Fan

Funk sorry, I saw it posted on the news section; however, I heard about it on the radio. Thanks for the info.

Janet I understand your feelings about that I would have loved for her to cover What about it is from the Velvet Rope album. My all time favorite Jackson album.

PR see Pat we know what’s the best for her. LOL, I called RCA they are expecting us on Monday. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Divas I meant to say that she should not do it this year. Sorry.

Usher he gets it and that’s why I like his music. Not a fan of him; however, he can capture you in his lyrics and bring you in. That is the whole point of the game.

Love,

Rem
Old 03-26-2004, 10:20 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Janet I understand your feelings about that I would have loved for her to cover What about it is from the Velvet Rope album. My all time favorite Jackson album.

That would have been great but I would have liked something else like Agein. Just love that song. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

PR see Pat we know what’s the best for her. LOL, I called RCA they are expecting us on Monday.

I'm ready to go. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Divas I meant to say that she should not do it this year. Sorry.

Ditto..not sure how good a show it will be w/ Jessica Simpson in the line-up. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

Usher he gets it and that’s why I like his music. Not a fan of him; however, he can capture you in his lyrics and bring you in. That is the whole point of the game.

ITA I really liked his last album.
Old 03-29-2004, 07:06 AM
Addicted Fan

The past weekend I was listening to George Clinton and again our conversation came to my mind. We all know that Christina has vocals that have some people flinching; however, I wonder if her brining the funk, or a big band to this next album it will get over look? One thing I was upset about the whole Dirrty video was that it took people away from hearing the quality of the album. I hope that when she reintroduces herself on this album that she shocks us in another way.

Question for you Pat, do you think that the critics will embrace Christina growing with her music or turn the cheek on her? Remember when she did Beautiful at the Grammy? I still wonder if those jaded people have to vote on who gets the love for the night and who doesn’t. If you do get a chance check out Anthony Hamilton CD this is something that I wouldn’t mind Christina tapping into. He was up for five grammy nods but was over look for the commercial success.

Love,

Rem