Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 02-11-2004, 09:49 AM
Addicted Fan

Adds some Sugar and Spice, take out Lil Kim and you have Christina’s new album.

Yes, another thread from Remedy I my goal is to keep traffic on this board. I really do not want any mods to make a thread saying this board will closed due to people just reading and not responding. So here goes another one.

First off Congratulations to Christina and her team for her fourth Grammy win. I am very excited to hear the new material for her next album which is the reason why I start this thread. We have heard Christina tap in to pop-rock, Latin and r&b. What do you want her to embrace for this album? What do you want her to stay away from?

Embrace: I want to hear more Latin music in her songs. Not just for her Latin album or a single. Since she is moving towards vocals and live band on this album. I want to hear Congas, Shekeres and Tambourines. No matter how I feel about Beyonce, Crazy in Love had that live instrument attraction that other songs on the radio did not have. I really want Christina to merge Latin and R&B together. That’s her strong points and no one is doing that. When you hear other female Latin artists it is more of a pop sound. I love how she redid Come over so that’s what I am hoping for this album.

Stay away from hip-hop collaborations and MTV. Christina does not need MTV to sell her records. There are a lot of people who do not attend anything MTV does and makes it to number one the billboard charts. MTV has never respect Christina before so why give them the time of day? When she did the Grammy Pre-Show on MTV you could tell that they were not interested in her, until she won. Any questions about her counterparts. It is no secret that Christina is the underdog in the industry and she has freaking four Grammy. Did you not see the response from the audience after she performed Beautiful? Anytime a journalist throws her the questions about any of her counterparts she should say. What did you say your favorite song from Stripped was? Do you know that yesterday was the first time I pump my gas without someone taking a picture? Keep the interview on Christina.

Promoting for the album I really want to see her in Elle, GQ, Vibe, Lucky Mag and etc magazines. I would love to see her doing Letterman Show, Jay Leno, Today, the View. There are different types of shows that Christina could do instead of the same ones her counterparts does. A DVD of Making this album You just bought the CD and now you have her own diary in her words and edit by herself.

Love to hear your thoughts.

Remedy
Old 02-11-2004, 10:30 AM
Elite Fan

I agree, wholeheartedly.

From day one, though i dug Genie In A Bottle, i've been more into the soulful songs she's had on her CD's. Obvious and Destiny being my favs. That is her main selling point, that powerful voice. All that other fluff can kill a promising career by being stupid and being TOO diversified. It's nice to show you can do it,... but that is only when you want to add a little spice or change to what your doing. She seems to be all over the place, which is and can be fun, yet i'd love for her to "embrace" her voice and let that carry her, as opposed to pulling gimmicks.

Stay Away, i don't think anyone can stay away from MTV. Just don't let them run the show. Literally! [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] They can twist and turn anyone and thing to their hell and for someone as talented as Christina, she needant worry about them. As far as the hiphop collabs, i like some of them, hate most, my feelings are, they are good as remixes. Not as a selling ploy. We both love Reggie, and i thought Dirrty was hot, but you know, it led away from her talent.
Old 02-11-2004, 10:50 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by General Jiang Wei:
<STRONG>
Stay Away, i don't think anyone can stay away from MTV. Just don't let them run the show. Literally! [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] They can twist and turn anyone and thing to their hell and for someone as talented as Christina, she needant worry about them. As far as the hiphop collabs, i like some of them, hate most, my feelings are, they are good as remixes. Not as a selling ploy. We both love Reggie, and i thought Dirrty was hot, but you know, it led away from her talent.</STRONG>

:LOL: Okay, she can do a little things with them only with LaLa. I do not trust the others at all, I would attend a Beyonce Child concert before I trust MTV. As for my husband,Reggie [img]smilies/blush.gif[/img] I was happy to see him work with her; however, I do agree that it took away from her talent. I feel if Christina is going to tap in that world, I rather her do a song instead of tip or tap.

And as always, sweetie ITA with you about her doing everything but focus on one thing. She could have taken the Pop Vocal if it didn't show so many different styles.

Remedy
Old 02-11-2004, 11:15 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Rem and Chris, great posts and I agree w/ both of ya too. No surprise there! [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

What do you want her to embrace for this album?
I agree that I'd like to see Christina focus more in Latin and R&B styles instead. Either both mixed together or seperate, I know alot of people didn't like Infatuation but actually that was my favorite track on Strippled b/c it was so into the latin beat and style. Of course I'd love her to do more R&B styles too since I can see her voice thriving in that area much more. I won't complain at all hearing more Impossible's or Walk Away's, just to get back to the music rather than the image, lights, dancers, etc. Even Snoop said that her voice would sound better doing R&B than pop stuff, which will get tiring b/c of all the pop acts out there right now.

What do you want her to stay away from?

I'd want her to try to stay away from pop music though I'm sure she's going to get categorized in that group anyway. Hip-hop collaborations also, like Chris said, maybe on re-mixes only but even then it depends who she collaborates w/. I wouldn't mind a Eminem and Christina duet. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] But please no more Lil' Kim collaborations...I'd rather she her collaborate more w/ Alicia or other r&b singers. Definitely try to stay away from MTV since they don't know how to appreaciate her at all, dissing and praising her from one minute to the next. [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

We all know Christina has a very versatile voice which she can sing from anything like pop to ballads to rock to r&b. So I wouldn't mind hearing a few more rock types since I just loved Fighter though r&b is where she'll thrive at. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

[ 02-11-2004: Message edited M_J_23 ]
Old 02-11-2004, 11:59 AM
Addicted Fan

No surprises here, we all belong to AMC.

Merge the sounds together I really feel that if she merges the sounds of R&B with Latin tracks it will just have a nice feel to it. Every single release except Beautiful was produced by Scott. Work with him and Rudy Perez he did her Latin Album right? I also want her to work with Anthony Hamilton now he was rob from the Grammy Committee. Check his stuff out it is true to R&B roots.

Another plus for her combining the two sounds together is showing the world that she is not using her Latin roots for PR. Just might push her Latin album out faster.

I would never dismiss a Mathers and Aguilera combo. I would love for him to produce a track for her or work together. The main thing is that I do not want her singing some freaking hook. I want a real duet.

I have with Alicia Keys producing something for her, when you hear the first chords of Impossible you wonder why this isn’t on Alicia’s album?

Walk away is my favorite song off the album along with Singing my song (I always wanted her to end with that song over The voice within). The only problem with Walk away is that the song is too long for radio. Remember we are still in the era that PR’s feel that consumers need something quick to the point. And if she did a song, I feel that she would cheat her fans when performing it. Letterman’s show comes to mind.

Okay, people stop reading and respond. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Love,
Remedy
Old 02-11-2004, 01:51 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
originally posted by Remedy:

Merge the sounds together I really feel that if she merges the sounds of R&B with Latin tracks it will just have a nice feel to it.
While I agree with that I just don't want Christina to labeled as copying J.Lo's style of combining latin w/ r&b. Though I'm more than sure Christina can pull it off better especially since she has an actual voice!

Quote:
Every single release except Beautiful was produced by Scott. Work with him and Rudy Perez he did her Latin Album right?
I noticed that too about Scott, she works well w/ him and also he's very versatile in the music he does. Definitely work w/ Rudy Perez and from what I hear about the music he produces is great. I think he even worked w/ the late Selena and she had endless hits and unique styles from what was out at the time.

Quote:
Another plus for her combining the two sounds together is showing the world that she is not using her Latin roots for PR. Just might push her Latin album out faster.
Good point there and I hope when she releases her Spnanish album, people will get over thinking she's using her latin roots. A major plus for Christina would be learning the spanish language when releasing her spanish album. Maybe not perfect but able to carry a conversation with it. Not even Selena or J.Lo knew perfect spanish when they released there albums but people were still drawn to them and there music. Hopefully Christina has the same luck...heck I don't even know perfect spanish and I'm hispanic! [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

Quote:
I would never dismiss a Mathers and Aguilera combo. I would love for him to produce a track for her or work together. The main thing is that I do not want her singing some freaking hook. I want a real duet.
Same here, would love for a collaboration from those two but not just the hook. Let them try something different and new...have him sing the hook only and the song belong to her. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Quote:
I have with Alicia Keys producing something for her, when you hear the first chords of Impossible you wonder why this isn’t on Alicia’s album?
You know I always wondered that too, why Alicia didn't use Impossible for her album? I'm not complaining cause Christina sounds great singing it but I'm guessing Alicia just wanted to work w/ Christina. Or at least that's what I get from watching the MTV Diary on Christina, Alicia saying 'we'll be hearing Christina like never before and she's going to kill on the song'. Do you think that maybe Alicia couldn't carry the song like Christina did? They were alot of hard vocals on there....

Quote:
Walk away is my favorite song off the album along with Singing my song (I always wanted her to end with that song over The voice within). The only problem with Walk away is that the song is too long for radio. Remember we are still in the era that PR’s feel that consumers need something quick to the point. And if she did a song, I feel that she would cheat her fans when performing it. Letterman’s show comes to mind.
I agree that I wished she had released Singing my Song as her last single instead of The Voice Within. But either way I'm glad since all the songs she released as singles were all different from each other. You never heard the same thing from her twice...from 'Dirrty' to 'Beautiful' to 'Can't Hold Us Down' to 'The Voice Within'.
I'm hoping that she'll sing at this year's Latin Grammys she'll sing 'Infatuation'...which will help bring back that audience she had w/ the release of her first album. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Just a question....

Would you like for Christina to work w/ the Neptunes? [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]

[ 02-11-2004: Message edited M_J_23 ]
Old 02-12-2004, 07:47 AM
Addicted Fan

J Lo: when I hear Jennifer Lopez I never think of R&B. I think more of the pop. She follows Mariah’s footsteps with that. Remember when Mariah new sound became a hip hop with pop? Jennifer’s to me is more pop I really do not even hear Latin flava in her sound. I may be wrong; however, I think most people think that Jennifer Lopez sounds Latin only because she is. When I listen to Cecilia Cruz or Alejandra Guzmáán they do not shy away from it and that’s what certain artist like Jennifer Lopez does IMO.

What I really want Christina, to do is bring the ethnic sound to us but not wash the sound down to the commercial stuff. Do you get what I mean? For example, when Latin Artists do their English album. They hold back on some of the ethnic sounds. Bring the ethnic sounds, merge it with some R&B and sing her but on it. Remember she stated that she wants to do a live band and focus on the vocals? Well this is the best way that she can show it off both worlds.

Perez and Scorth Rudy did produce her tracks. Good and she did win a Latin Grammy for that. I wonder if those two (Scott and Rudy) would work together? Even though I love Infatuation It was really missing something from it. Maybe these two can work together and bring a different sound out. Just as long as she works with a live band during this. I do not want to hear her singing over some recorded tracks. That’s one thing I love about Rock and non-commercial R&B artists . I feel like I am in the room jamming with them.

Spanish Hmm yeah, I really would like for her to take care of that. No matter what that’s going to be her downfall with the press.

Martina my new name for them. LOL I really hope that this happens, I am thinking more down the road then anything. Especially since Marshall is going out for the Source right now.
Maybe they already did something together since Scott is tight with Mathers. Maybe there is a hidden track somewhere and Hallie Jade is the only one that gets to jamn with it. The only thing though I do not want a love ballad something hard and just plain sick. LOL

Keys I do agree that Christina did some major vocals on that track. It just sounds too much like Christina singing over an Alicia Keys track. I would love to hear Alicia sing Impossible I was hoping at Clive’s Party they would do something together. Guess not.

Would you like for Christina to work w/ the Neptunes?

No! I am not knocking Pharell or Chad’s talent; however, I want her to stay away from the pack. I would not want her working with Timberland either or Missy again. I rather her work with someone new with hunger or stay with Scott and Rudy. As a fan, I do not want to hear her singing on the same tracks as everyone else. You know how I love Reggie, yet I was and still am upset that Roc could not come with something new instead of recycling the same freaking beat.

Maybe she should record her Latin and third album at the same time? After her Latin album she follows up right after with another Latin album? How would you promote her? Do you want any duets on this album? How many tracks do you feel she should do? What about working with Linda Perry? Heather and Rob?

Love,

Remedy

P.S. Saw the TRL with Missy and Christina and even though the interview was okay, I still want her to stay away from TRL. Did you catch how the VJ was trying to say that Kelly stole the song from Christina? Again, STAY AWAY FROM TRL.

[ 02-12-2004: Message edited Remedy ]
Old 02-12-2004, 09:34 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I get what you mean about J.Lo but for some reason to me she sounds more latin and r&b type. Maybe like you said, its b/c she is Latin.

Quote:
Even though I love Infatuation It was really missing something from it. Maybe these two can work together and bring a different sound out.
I thought Infatuation was fine just the way it is, I love the beats and style it has from her other songs on the album. Plus I can really relate to the song and it's message. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Quote:
Just as long as she works with a live band during this. I do not want to hear her singing over some recorded tracks. That’s one thing I love about Rock and non-commercial R&B artists . I feel like I am in the room jamming with them.
Same here, I agree that I hope she works w/ a live band.

Quote:
Maybe they already did something together since Scott is tight with Mathers. Maybe there is a hidden track somewhere and Hallie Jade is the only one that gets to jamn with it. The only thing though I do not want a love ballad something hard and just plain sick. LOL

I like nickname you came up w/ for them. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

I hope Scott can get both to work together, pretty sure he knows Christina is something different and a track between 2 of the most criticized artists right now would be tight!

Quote:
Keys I do agree that Christina did some major vocals on that track. It just sounds too much like Christina singing over an Alicia Keys track. I would love to hear Alicia sing Impossible I was hoping at Clive’s Party they would do something together. Guess not.
I was hoping they'll save that performance for the BET awards this year, either that or have her perform Walk Away. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Quote:
No! I am not knocking Pharell or Chad’s talent; however, I want her to stay away from the pack. I would not want her working with Timberland either or Missy again. I rather her work with someone new with hunger or stay with Scott and Rudy. As a fan, I do not want to hear her singing on the same tracks as everyone else. You know how I love Reggie, yet I was and still am upset that Roc could not come with something new instead of recycling the same freaking beat.
Have to agree w/ you once again, I was just asking since they seem to work w/ everybody these days!

Quote:
Maybe she should record her Latin and third album at the same time? After her Latin album she follows up right after with another Latin album? How would you promote her? Do you want any duets on this album? How many tracks do you feel she should do? What about working with Linda Perry? Heather and Rob?
I wouldn't want her to record her latin and 3rd album around the same time since I'd want her to concentrate fully on one or the other.

Not sure if I want her working w/ Linda Perry again, I don't want them to say she's hoping for another hit from her. Maybe a collaboration between the two, a song coming out of both of them and not just Linda.

As for the TRL appearance yesterday, I thought she looked incredible and looked truly happy. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] It was a busy day for her yesterday and I'm glad she was in such good spirit, must be that Grammy after-glow. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
I hate that Quddus interviewed her, if I'm not mistaken he talked bad about her last year I think. And now he's all happy to see her and don't even get me started on the 'TRL Questions?' they gave Missy to ask Christina. 'Does she hate being compated to other pop stars like Brit and Jessica?' Typical MTV there...glad she make some remarks about them too. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Like you said, he was trying to start something saying that Kelly stole the song from Christina, glad she explained everything out. Heck I'm surprised they gave her a chance too... [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]

[img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]
Old 02-12-2004, 10:14 AM
Elite Fan

I don't mind Pop Music, it's my guilty pleasure, and at the time, they needed competition for Britney, so they pumped her out there witha pop song, gotta love it as it put her on the map, when otherwise it might not have. That is why Genie In a Bottle is one of my favorites by her, as it is what introduced us to her. As pop as it was, it made me a fan, when i bought the CD, I heard a couple songs and was blown away. Obvious was in my car and my boy Will was like "this christina?" "yeha" "dude, she sounds black" Not to catagorize, but white artists today tend to be more poppy, as that is how they are marketed, regardless of talent, and black artists tend to be marketed R&B, which is crap, but you know what? It sells. I'd see no problem with Christina swooping in and grabbing tons of R&B/Soul awards. I think she'd make an awesome Unplugged CD, i just don't think they'd be willing to pull their "controverial popstar" to that side just yet, they need her and Britney to continue to play "can you top this" with Justin.
Old 02-12-2004, 10:21 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Chris, ITA w/ you most artists that have voices like Christina are black so that's why I think Christina stands out even more. Along w/ being such a small woman w/ such a big voice. I also agree that GIAB is one of my favorites too cause like you said, that's what introduced us to her. Off her debut album, I really liked Obvious, Love For all Seasons and Somebody's Somebody. Made me want to hear more from this 'new girl' and what was to come. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Pop music is also a guilty pleasure of mine...I'm hooked on Fefe Dobson's Everything right now. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

[ 02-12-2004: Message edited M_J_23 ]
Old 02-12-2004, 12:28 PM
MST Manager

Quote:
Originally posted by Remedy:
<STRONG>Okay, people stop reading and respond. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
</STRONG>
Do I have to? [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Btw, Walk Away is my favorite song from Stripped and I am still pissed she didn't release that song. Personally, that was one of the best songs that show her amazing vocal range and talent.

*back to reading*
Old 02-13-2004, 07:49 AM
Addicted Fan

First off Pat I notice that you can relate to this whole album. Did Christina take a peak at your journal? LOL

I believe Martina will work together it is just not the right time. You will have the critics comparing them to Beyonce and Jay.

BET Awards is Christina performing?

Can you also add Kayne West to the producers that I do not want her working with? Yes, he has a couple of nice tracks out right now; however, just wait. Kayne will ended up producing half of TRL and 106 and Park this year.

I guess it makes sense to do one album at the same time. Thanks for reminding me that I am a fan of quality not quantity . Just as long as Christina keeps putting out good material I am happy. When does her contract with RCA end? I know people are not happy with RCA promoting her. Yet I am, I think they do a fine job, give her a break when she needs it. Back her up when she needs it, remember when they wrote the letter to YM?

Christina thought of in R&B do you think that time will ever come? I know that when I hear Christina singing you can hear the soul and the pain in her voice. Remind me of a younger Teena Marie and Taylor Dane. I am not sure if RCA will ever promote her in the R&B field. Now if they were smart, they would have her doing radio interviews in the urban stations. They will have one up on her counterparts. I believe that Christina is the only one who has perform on BET Awards and Showtime at Apollo.

Unplugged CD will actually push her farther away from the pack. I would like her to finish two more albums before she does it. You know take songs from all different time frames in her music career.

Love for all seasons is my favorite song from her first album.

NikNak please come back [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Producers I really do not want her working with Linda Perry on this album. I really did not care for the songs that she did with her that much. I feel that Scott pushes Christina to bring more out than other producers. He did a lot of the songs that I love. I also want her to continue to work with Heather and Rob they did Obvious and Soar.

Do you want her to ab-lib on the cd or only live?

Love,
Remedy
Old 02-13-2004, 09:13 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
originally posted by Remedy:

First off Pat I notice that you can relate to this whole album. Did Christina take a peak at your journal? LOL
I think she did but I don't mind since it's Christina. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
But I have to admit there some songs that I don't really relate to like...'Get Mine, Get Yours' and 'Underappreciated'. Those two are about the only ones.

Quote:
I believe Martina will work together it is just not the right time. You will have the critics comparing them to Beyonce and Jay.
Ugh I would hate to see that happen so I agree that they should both wait. Can you imagine the video to whatever type of song they'll do? Them being near or close together. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Quote:
BET Awards is Christina performing?
Not sure but I hope she gets the chance again since like you said, she's about the only 'star' that's performed on BET Awards and Apollo. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Quote:
Can you also add Kayne West to the producers that I do not want her working with? Yes, he has a couple of nice tracks out right now; however, just wait. Kayne will ended up producing half of TRL and 106 and Park this year.
You know I've been hearing alot about this guy but I just don't see anything big about him. Nor heard tracks he's produced. [img]smilies/look.gif[/img]

Quote:
I guess it makes sense to do one album at the same time. Thanks for reminding me that I am a fan of quality not quantity . Just as long as Christina keeps putting out good material I am happy.

No problem that's why I'm here. And I agree as long as Christina makes music that comes from her heart and is her own...she don't have to worry about losing this fan. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Quote:
When does her contract with RCA end? I know people are not happy with RCA promoting her. Yet I am, I think they do a fine job, give her a break when she needs it. Back her up when she needs it, remember when they wrote the letter to YM?
Not sure when her contract ends but I'm pretty sure they'll renew it, be crazy not to. I've also heard that alot of people are not happy w/ how she's promoted and to some degree I have to agree. But then again, I wouldn't want Christina to get over-exposed and have people get tired of seeing her everywhere. So when they hear her sing or just being interviewed, they won't think 'not again'. Know what I mean? But I think it's great that RCA backs her up whenever she needs them, not alot of companies do that.
Let me just say one more thing about the whole promotion or lack of it, I get the feeling that was Christina's choice. Remember how 'Stripped' begins...she sings "no hype, no gloss, no pretense...just Stripped!" I'm thinking that meant something more than just the image the media has of her. Know what I mean?

Quote:
Christina thought of in R&B do you think that time will ever come? I know that when I hear Christina singing you can hear the soul and the pain in her voice.
I'm thinking until she release more of a R&B songs then that can start happening. Maybe if she would have released 'Walk Away' and 'Impossible' then that would have helped to open up people's minds. Everybody knows she has a great versatile voice and people know she can hang w/ the best, singing renditions of 'At Last' or 'Run to You'. Not easy songs to sing or often heard sung by an 'pop artists', so I'm sure people are waiting for her to go that route! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Quote:
Unplugged CD will actually push her farther away from the pack. I would like her to finish two more albums before she does it. You know take songs from all different time frames in her music career.
I agree w/ you that the Unplugged CD should come after maybe her next album or after 2 more. I get chills from thinking about the possibilities of her doing that type of album. [img]smilies/glow.gif[/img]

Quote:
Do you want her to ab-lib on the cd or only live?
I'd want her to do both for both but only when necessary, not so much since people will start to talk that she's blah blah blah. I didn't mind the ad-libbing for her Grammys performance or Letterman performance too. What do you think? [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Heck I wrote alot...NikNak better come back here! [img]smilies/chase.gif[/img]
Old 02-13-2004, 11:02 AM
Addicted Fan

Okay I really love the name I gave them. LOL Call me crazy I do not want a freaking ballad from them. I want something that keeps my but on the dance floor. LOL I remember I had wrote a song about my ex called “Between me and you” and thought man I would love for those two to do this song. Video concept it could be anything with those two, we know that Christina is not afraid to get dirty and Marshall is not afraid to wear a skirt so who freaking knows.

Kayne West produces tracks with Jay Z, Alicia Keys and Twisted. He brings that old 80's feel to the music that is missing in the commercial R&B and hip hops field.

RCA you know what the funny thing with “those people? ” They really do not understand the music industry. Christina has freaking talent so it does not make sense for her face to appear on every freaking product. Christina is in a rare group of young singers who can sit next to Celine, Mariah, Whitney, Mary, Patti and the list go on and carry a tune.

Pat, do you know what I always want to say to those people? “She’s a freaking vocalist.” You market a vocalist differently then you market an “entertainer.” You don’t see Celine and Madonna marketing the same way. Simple, because they are different. I get sick and tired of certain fans saying that RCA doesn’t market Christina like Jive markets Britney. Good, I never want her market the same way because, they are not the same. If people want the whole Christina vs. Britney to stop then start looking at the way, they are market. It is different for a reason. Sorry for my rant Pat, I just get sick and tired of hearing people fussing that Christina is not on everything. I guess these people forgot when she was on everything and everywhere she was overworked, sick and a negative zero. RCA and Azoff Mangament is doing a great job. Again, sorry for the rant; however, you know how I can get. LOL

R&B actually Christina had the chance to use Lady Marmalade as a door to step in the urban field. She could have done a couple of interviews on a couple of stations.
You know what I was beyond shock on Christina’s TV Moments that Run to you was not on the list of things. She really tore that song up and for Whitney to actually show her love like that was just beautiful.

ab lib: Depends on the song. Just as long as she controls her vocals and there are not so many licks everywhere things should go good. The fact that she sang acappella for the first part on the Grammy has me hoping that she does that technique again.
NikNak Stop reading and post. Yes, you must. We want to hear you two cents.

Love,
Remedy
Old 02-13-2004, 11:32 AM
Elite Fan

IMO, if you have the musical talent, you don't need huge flashy shows like those with strict entertainment talent, like Britney.