Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-03-2005, 03:01 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally posted by TheCheshireKitten
I love Jennifer Garner, though I can see why some would say she doesn't fit the character of Elektra.
I consider her miscast more than anything. She doesn't look like Elektra, or have any of her qualities. That doesn't make her a bad actress at all. Just wrong for the role, IMO.

I wish they would recast Jean. You put it better than I did TCK. She just can't carry a movie (has she ever?).
Old 01-03-2005, 04:41 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by wanderer78
Don't get offended, but since you asked, I think she's a terrible actress to begin with. In anything let alone the X-Men movies. She lacks range and depth. I don't even know if she has a second facial expression. She's like Paris Hilton in that way.

I can understand why she got cast when she was younger (the babe effect). But now? She has little to no marquee value, acting ability, or critical acclaim. Why cast her in anything, let alone Jean Grey/Phoenix. I remember someone on an X-Men board calling her "nothing but rapidly fading eye candy". And I tend to agree. My other problem is that she has little to no chemistry with the rest of the cast. But chemistry tend to be in the eye of the beholder. I'm sure there are people out there who will disagree with me.

I'll use the example of Jennifer Garner in Elektra. I can't stand her in the role (she doesn't fit it at all), but I understand why she was cast. She's a good actress, has a devoted fan base, and brings some intelligence to what will be considered a mindless genre film. Plus, her ability to do the fighting stuff saves the production time and money.

But Famke has none of that to offer, IMO.
I agree with everything you said. I just don't like her as an actress and she brought nothing to the role for me. I don't really find her all that attractive either. She was before but it's slowly fading and when she changed her hair it was all downhill. She just looks really old with that short red hair. She has no facial expression either. Again, it's my opinion. I like a lot of actresses I'm sure others don't like but it doesn't offend me. That's why Baskin Robbins has 31 flavors.

.icon.
Old 01-04-2005, 02:48 PM
Supreme Fan

In all fairness, Famke doesn't exactly have this amazing role like say Hugh Jackman. She moves things with her mind, which doesn't take a lot of acting. She's an ok actress. If they are able to add lots of special effects with her as the Phoenix, I think it would be impressive.

And yes, IMDB can be wrong. But I'm constantly reading people saying 'guess what, they casted Gambit!'. So, a lot of it are rumors. Hearing it from the actor/actress is the most important thing, imo.
"Clark, I know you can run faster than a speeding bullet. Take me along for the ride."
Old 01-10-2005, 03:53 PM
Elite Fan

The rumors about Joss Whedon directing X3 are getting stronger.. I don't know what to think of it yet.
Old 01-10-2005, 04:43 PM
Ultimate Fan

Ugh. I hope not.
Old 01-25-2005, 06:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Really, I've been reading he hasn't even been offered anything X-related. But things change. I thought for sure Bryan Singer would be directing it.

Quote:
In all fairness, Famke doesn't exactly have this amazing role like say Hugh Jackman. She moves things with her mind, which doesn't take a lot of acting. She's an ok actress. If they are able to add lots of special effects with her as the Phoenix, I think it would be impressive.
xextremex, you have a good point. But that's true of most of the actors, not just Famke. Patrick Stewart probably had the worst of it. He was in a wheelchair and is a telepath, but no one's complaining about his acting.
Old 01-25-2005, 10:36 PM
Loyal Fan

I read that FOX let Bryan go after he committed to Superman, conflict of interest and that kind of stuff.

Of all the cast, the person I had the biggest problem with was Halle Berry, I adore her and everything but she sucks as Storm, I really hope they replace her.

As for Famke, my biggest complaint is the age difference, I'm supposed to buy that she's with Cyclops, she's not even that attractive, but I buy her as Jean.

The best are Hugh Jackman, Patrick Stewart (since Star Trek I always thought if they made an X-MEN movie, he should play Professor X) and Rebecca Romijn.
Old 02-05-2005, 12:37 PM
Loyal Fan

Has anyone else heard that James Marsden (Cyclops) has signed on to play Perry White's son in Superman?!?!
Old 02-05-2005, 02:01 PM
Obsessed Fan

I really dont like the idea of Gambit in the movie but anyways...

at least I hope they'll cast a decent actor for the role!

also Bryan was really eager to direct the new X-movie. But I guess maybe Superman got in the way...

i hate it when these things happen!

Old 02-06-2005, 07:56 PM
Part-Time Fan

Wolverine and Magneto are both getting spinoffs. I'm... So torn.
Old 02-08-2005, 03:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Im hoping that there will be gambit in the new movie. Him and beast are my favortie and i hope to see them in future movies.

Couples
GO BLUES Julie
Old 02-08-2005, 03:53 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by gambit221
Has anyone else heard that James Marsden (Cyclops) has signed on to play Perry White's son in Superman?!?!
I've read that in a few places. I wonder if that will conflict with X-3?

Gambit, eh, they need to cast a really good actor b/c the character can be very cheesy. He reminds me of a mutant Pepe LePew sometimes. I love Beast, and as a purist I want Angel or Archangel in the film.

Quote:
Wolverine and Magneto are both getting spinoffs. I'm... So torn.
The Magneto one seems to be in the works. The Wolverine one is in the rumour stage right now. If it happens I hope they can get Anna to be in it too. I'm a big W/R shipper.
Old 02-10-2005, 06:28 PM
Part-Time Fan

I'm kinda worried they'll tank. I mean, spin-offs sometimes don't go to well. Example: Elektra
Old 02-11-2005, 12:20 AM
Obsessed Fan

As much as I liked it, Daredevil wasn't much of a success....not like X-Men and X2 were anyway. Wolverine is a really well known character, and a very popular one at that.

The Magneto movie surprises me, but pleasantly. He's one of my favorite X-Men characters. In some ways, I think I'll look more forward to this one than the Wolverine one (despite the fact that Wolverine's a favorite too)... A Magneto movie has the pontential to be really interesting, IMO.

~Kat
Old 02-11-2005, 03:42 PM
Loyal Fan

ouch wanderer78 Gambit cheesy, that is very cold.

When I posted that about James Marsdsen, it was because if he is in superman he definitely won't be coming back as Cyclops. And now there are rumors that Bryan Singer is trying to woo Famke Jansen as well.

And the movies were just getting better
Closed Thread   Post New Thread