Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-02-2009, 10:32 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynter (View Post)
I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels that way.

I'm still really annoyed at how little of everyone else there was in the film, and I know some people have tried to justify it by saying that there are going to be separate origin films for them (like Deadpool), but it's not like I wanted entire origin stories for them all amongst Wolverine's, but just something more than 2-minute scenes would've been nice! I agree with you that the romance was a bit overlong, a lot of the dialogue felt clunky in those scenes too.

I thought Victor Creed was pretty amazing, though (even though the brother thing makes no sense ).
Yeah, plus this film could have been enhanced by more presence of other mutants. I hope the next ones are back to X2 greatness.

Agreed! Brother relationships are trendy now so I guess they wanted to jump on the bandwagon. Hee.
Old 06-03-2009, 02:04 PM
Dedicated Fan

I really LOVED this movie sooo much. Xmen was my fav cartoon as a kid...i never read the comics though! haha. At the time I was so buzzed that I didn't notice half of the things that disappointed people (story-wise etc). After having time to calm down I do see people's points about the negatives but oh well I still love it...

I was more impressed by the big-budget effects than the story...but I was so happy to see GAMBIT there! He is my fav and I think Taylor did an awesome job! - He had the right cool attitude and do well with the little time he had. I've been hearing complaints about his poor 'cajun' accent...he did slip up at times but I was too busy drooling! lol. The part when he lifts the cards and aims for Wolverine was awesome...I had tears of happiness seeing Gambit come to life...

I am a little annoyed about the time continuity though cause I would love to see Rogue and Gambit together but now there is this massive age gap

Here is my fanart of the Rogue/ Gambit Pairing (I am foolishly hoping for an Xmen 4...haha):

Old 06-04-2009, 05:40 AM
Master Fan

Nikki, have you seen this Wolverine in 30-seconds spoof? It's HILARIOUS.

Honestly, I laughed so hard I cried
Old 06-04-2009, 06:24 PM
Loyal Fan

ROFL! That was Hillarious!
family bonds are never meant to be broken."
- The Farron Sisters
Old 06-05-2009, 05:48 AM
Master Fan

I know, right?! It's GENIUS! My friend who hasn't seen the film watched it, and also died laughing, and she guessed either that's what Wolverine did the entire film, or it made people just want to do that after watching it, and I was like "well, kinda both" I love it!
Old 06-05-2009, 01:17 PM
Elite Fan

That is a beautiful art, JavaSiva.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynter (View Post)
Nikki, have you seen this Wolverine in 30-seconds spoof? It's HILARIOUS.

Honestly, I laughed so hard I cried
I haven't but I will now!

*runs*
Old 02-17-2015, 07:38 PM
Fan Forum Hero

bumped to merge
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top