Old 10-11-2016, 08:57 AM
Elite Fan

Wow!! Thank you!

~ Pari ~ addicted to brainies Icon by me
Old 10-11-2016, 04:49 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Gal Gadot Previews ‘Wonder Woman,’ DC’s Next Movie | Variety

Quote:
What’s the secret of Wonder Woman’s appeal?
She’s relatable. She has the heart of a human and is very compassionate, but her experiences — or lack of them, her naiveté, really — make her interested in everything around her and able to view the world in a way that we’d all like to: with a genuine curiosity.

Do you think it was important to have a female director for “Wonder Woman”?
I don’t think it’s a gender kind of thing. Maybe because we’re telling a story of a girl growing up and becoming a woman, it’s easier for it to be told by someone who was once a girl and became a woman. I feel like Patty Jenkins was the right person for the movie because she was the right person for the movie. She knew exactly how she wanted to tell her story. She knew exactly what she wanted to get. She’s brilliant and smart and so passionate.
“We cared a lot about simplifying Wonder Woman’s agenda, because it is simple. It was her heart that we cared about, not her being this warrior.”

What was Jenkins’ vision for telling Wonder Woman’s story?
For her it was very important to not just portray her as a goddess, but to tell a very simple story of someone who believes in good and believes that people should be happy and lead safe, happy lives. We cared a lot about simplifying Wonder Woman’s agenda, because it is simple. It was her heart that we cared about, not her being this warrior. When you tell a story from the heart, all of us can relate, because all of us want to live in a safe, quiet, and peaceful world.

Greg Rucka, a longtime writer of “Wonder Woman,” believes the character is bisexual. He reasons that because she lived on Themyscira, which is populated solely by women, she must have had gay relationships. Is Wonder Woman bisexual in the film?
It’s not something we’ve explored. It never came to the table, but when you talk theoretically about all the women on Themyscira and how many years she was there, then what he said makes sense. In this movie she does not experience any bisexual relationships. But it’s not about that. She’s a woman who loves people for who they are. She can be bisexual. She loves people for their hearts.

How long does it take to put on Wonder Woman’s costume, and how does it feel to be dressed up like that?
It takes me five minutes to take it off and 20 minutes to put the entire costume on. I’ve spent a year in it, from “Batman v Superman” to “Justice League” to [“Wonder Woman”]. From one movie to the next, it got more and more comfortable. I love the way it looks, but it didn’t feel comfortable at the beginning. I feel better in it now, which was super important because the role is so physical.

What’s your favorite Wonder Woman weapon?
I like the lasso of truth. There is something so beautiful about the fact that people have to tell the truth when they have the lasso around them. And it’s not too violent.
Old 10-13-2016, 06:48 AM
Elite Fan

Thanks for the interview!

Old 10-13-2016, 07:58 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Old 10-14-2016, 04:36 AM
Elite Fan

Nice video! Thank you

Old 10-15-2016, 06:52 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Patty Jenkins and Diane Nelson Insist Wonder Woman Will be Optimistic
Quote:
Wonder Woman director Patty Jenkins, along with president of DC Entertainment, Diane Nelson in an interview with Variety confirmed that Wonder Woman, like her comics will be much more optimistic and lighter than Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice.

“There’s a misconception that DC or [parent studio] Warner Bros. has made a conscious decision for all our movies to be darker or edgier,” said Diane Nelson, president of DC Entertainment and resident of Warner Bros. Consumer Products. “That’s not the case. Fans of the DC universe know that there are characters, like Batman, who are darker, but there are others like Wonder Woman, who are hopeful, optimistic leaders, and the tone of this film represents that.”

Jenkins goes as far and stating she was inspired by Richard Donner’s 1978 Superman movie, which was very optimistic:

“‘Superman’ was all about you,” said Jenkins. “It was about you watching and realizing what it would feel like to have great powers and do great things. It was full of love and emotion.”

“Wonder Woman” finds the hero in the midst of World War I, and even though the overall tone is optimistic, the filmmakers stress that there are serious moments, as well. The movie is very much an origin story, explaining how this female warrior opted to leave her homeland behind to try to save humanity. “

‘Wonder Woman’ Will Be Optimistic, Not Dark, Director Says | Variety
Old 10-16-2016, 09:41 AM
Elite Fan

Thank you!

Old 10-20-2016, 05:54 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Old 10-20-2016, 04:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
In honor of #WonderWoman's 75th, and designation as an United Nations Honorary Ambassador, join us for a LIVE Q&A with Gal Gadot and director Patty Jenkins - tomorrow at 1:00 PM ET.

Submit questions now! #AskWonderWoman #WonderWoman75 #WithWonderWoman
Old 10-21-2016, 06:05 AM
Fan Forum Hero

^
Old 10-21-2016, 11:27 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Last edited by lyndell75; 10-21-2016 at 07:28 PM
Old 10-22-2016, 01:35 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Old 10-22-2016, 03:22 PM
Elite Fan

Thank you for the videos, Lyndell

Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top