The Wolverine (2013) #1

US Poster
Synopsis

video interview [yt]JihJaW2Q9g[y][ Hugh Jackman and Director James Mangold
Release Date: July 26, 2013
Studio: 20th Century Fox
Director: James Mangold
Screenwriter: Christopher McQuarrie, Mark Bomback
Starring: Hugh Jackman, Will Yun Lee, Svetlana Khodchenkova, Hiroyuki Sanada, Hal Yamanouchi, Tao Okamoto, Rila ***ushima, Brian Tee
Genre: Action, Adventure

Video interview from October 2012 Hugh and director James Mangold

Plot Summary: Based on the celebrated comic book arc, "The Wolverine" finds Logan, the eternal warrior and outsider, in Japan. There, samurai steel will clash with adamantium claw as Logan confronts a mysterious figure from his past in an epic battle that will leave him forever changed.

FACEBOOK Page https://www.facebook.com/TheWolverineMovie

Last edited by Logan; 12-12-2012 at 11:01 PM
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 11:04 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Video Games
Disney

I forgot they were doing this. So sweet! They did such a good job with the X Men Origins one and was just a lot of fun. I very much look forward to this.
GardenSirens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 11:08 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Trailer look right might be fan maid excellent ob
Old 12-13-2012, 04:04 PM
Master Fan

I didn't like the first one so I hope they do better with this.
Old 12-15-2012, 10:06 PM
New Fan

I'm so excited now! The first one was pretty interesting can't wait to see what they do with this one
PeaceOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 02:32 AM
Master Fan

Is there a summary already? I keep forgetting to check CBM.
Old 12-16-2012, 07:38 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiddleskittlesღ (View Post)
I didn't like the first one so I hope they do better with this.
Right. I mean, it can't be worse than the first one... but I'm hoping this one is legit good, not merely okay.
ROCKSTAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 03:04 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCKSTAR (View Post)
Right. I mean, it can't be worse than the first one... but I'm hoping this one is legit good, not merely okay.
Me too. The first one IMO completely wasted Wolverine's/Logan's arc.
Old 12-17-2012, 05:01 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Me too. The first one IMO completely wasted Wolverine's/Logan's arc.
Exactly!! The X-Men movies did a great job building up Logan's mysterious past and when we finally get a chance to explore the story they waste two hours on scenery and cameos.
Old 12-18-2012, 11:56 PM
Master Fan

IKR?? And the story had promise, if only they had taken it in a different direction. I could care less about Logan's love life. And for me it was OOC because I always saw him as a selfish guy, he didn't really care about other people or being part of a group. The brother stuff could've been hashed out more, that would've been great.
Old 12-19-2012, 10:05 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
IKR?? And the story had promise, if only they had taken it in a different direction. I could care less about Logan's love life. And for me it was OOC because I always saw him as a selfish guy, he didn't really care about other people or being part of a group. The brother stuff could've been hashed out more, that would've been great.
The love story just wouldn't end!!! I remember we were sitting there, wondering what the heck kind of movie we were watching. Exactly!! I never read the comics but as kids everyone knew from the cartoons that Wolverine was the grumpy, kinda selfish one. lol

Yes! Liev Schreiber tried but the writing just wasn't there.
Old 12-20-2012, 05:24 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCKSTAR (View Post)
The love story just wouldn't end!!! I remember we were sitting there, wondering what the heck kind of movie we were watching. Exactly!! I never read the comics but as kids everyone knew from the cartoons that Wolverine was the grumpy, kinda selfish one. lol

Yes! Liev Schreiber tried but the writing just wasn't there.
I hope that's what they explore in the sequel.

Or maybe an arc after he left X-Men/Xavier House. That's another interesting SL. And he shouldn't have a love interest, it just gets boring.
Old 03-27-2013, 12:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Finally the trailer is here ! We will see the trailer playing with GI JOE .. The quick shot of Jean Grey got me excited but it was a flashback... also depends on X Men timeline.

Old 03-27-2013, 03:58 PM
Elite Fan

Woo! We have a teaser!
Old 03-28-2013, 02:11 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Hugh Jackman dissects the trailer

Hugh Jackman Dissects The Wolverine Trailers | Superhero Hype

Hugh Jackman Dissects The Wolverine Trailers
by Spencer Perry
March 28, 2013

After much anticipation, the domestic and international trailers for The Wolverine are finally here (you can view them by clicking here). Wolverine himself, Hugh Jackman, sat down with MTV to talk about the contents of the trailer and the shooting of the film.

"Wolverine has known this man for sixty years, so he was involved with him, you see that in the trailer, in World War 2 and he saved his live there. Now, he is in a way the King of Japan in a business sense. He's not well at the beginning of the movie. So he wants to make good on the past and reconnect with the man that saved his life."

On Viper, played by Svetlana Khodchenkova, who appears to be the villain of the film: "Viper is, for someone who plays Wolverine, who is pretty badass. She's not your girl next door. You're going to end up kind of loving every minute she has on screen. She's terrific."

On the bullet train sequence: "It is insane. It was insane to shoot it. It was, again, one of those brilliant ideas. One of the most emblematic things about Japan is the bullet train. Since the '70s this train was built that goes 250 mph or something. We're traveling through the movie through Japan, it's not just in Tokyo, we go to the country of Japan. And how do you get there? By bullet train, can't go on the bullet train without any incident. It was hairy, shooting that stuff. To re-create what that is like, the kind of winds at 300 miles per hour, let me just say, looking back at some of the footage, I thought, 'It's time for a facelift.'"

On the Jean Grey cameo in the film: "There's no doubt that the most important relationship in his life is — we've seen through the movies — is his relationship with Jean Grey. Yes, we saw her die at the end of 'X-Men: The Last Stand,' but in this movie, she has a presence, which I think is vital to the movie, particularly for him confronting the most difficult thing within himself."

Based on the celebrated comic book arc, the July 26 release takes Wolverine, the most iconic character of the X-Men universe, to modern day Japan. Out of his depth in an unknown world, he will face a host of unexpected and deadly opponents in a life-or-death battle that will leave him forever changed. Vulnerable for the first time and pushed to his physical and emotional limits, he confronts not only lethal samurai steel but also his inner struggle against his own immortality.
Reply   Post New Thread