Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-15-2007, 10:54 AM
Elite Fan

What tv show, musical, play, etc; would you like to see made into a movie?

I really want someone to make an Aida movie. Then the other I came across an article that said that plans were being made and I flipped out! But then it said that they were considering Beyonce for the title role. All I know is that if they make the movie, they BETTER cast Adam Pascal as Radames.

As for books, The Lovely Bones is being made right now so yay.

TV shows I want to see as movies? Lots!

What about you?
Old 09-15-2007, 07:48 PM
Obsessed Fan

I would say Wicked (Musical) but I'm scared they would ruin it and cast people completely wrong for it...plus I just don't see how they could do Defying Gravity justice on the big screen...

The Giver (I believe it's in pre-production now..release date for 2009). It was one of my favorite books when I was a teenager and would love to see it on the big screen, in black and white with the slow reveal of color (it's a lot different than Pleasantville by the way...)

I'll have to think some more about this....
taovande is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 08:26 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by taovande (View Post)
I would say Wicked (Musical) but I'm scared they would ruin it and cast people completely wrong for it...plus I just don't see how they could do Defying Gravity justice on the big screen...

The Giver (I believe it's in pre-production now..release date for 2009). It was one of my favorite books when I was a teenager and would love to see it on the big screen, in black and white with the slow reveal of color (it's a lot different than Pleasantville by the way...)

I have mixed feelings about Wicked, too. Defying Gravity, if well done, has the potential to give chills. I've never seen the show live and I almost cried, heck, I teared up, watching Shoshana bring the house down on youtube.

But yes, on screen, it can go wrong so many ways.
Old 09-17-2007, 11:20 AM
Addicted Fan

Odd Thomas and Forever Odd by Dean Koontz.
R.I.P. #21 Sean Taylor
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 01:17 PM
New Fan

I would like to see Nicholas Sparks's The Wedding turned into a movie. It follows the story of Noah from his other novel, The Notebook, which is also adapted in the big screen. I know it will be a hit just like A Walk to Remember...
regina414 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 01:42 PM
Obsessed Fan

i'm not sure about Wicked..i'm a huge kristin fan so i would only be excited if she was in it..but even she said herself she's getting too old for the role lol

i've always wanted to see Stephen King's Rose Madder made into a movie. It's one of my favorite books. And I would love to see another book, Tailchaser's Song..i LOVE that story..it would have to be animated though cuz i'm guessing that would make it easier to accept lol

And lol for the kid in me..I want the Animorphs series made into movies. All we got is that underwhelming tv show from 98-99 that barely followed the books. I think if the series was handled right, the movies could be huge successes cause this type of story could draw in more than just fans of the series
Old 09-21-2007, 12:34 PM
Addicted Fan

The Thorn Birds, it is by far one of my favorite books EVER, and I would love to see a big screen adaptation of this movie. Such a great movie. I almost done with the book only 216 pages to go. What a delight to read! I hope it gets made into a movie.

"No matter what kind of day I am having butterflies will always help me cope."
AdriaMichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 08:37 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by taovande (View Post)

Me too! I want to see The Giver in the big screen. I just recently read it and it will be nice to see the events unfold right infront of my eyes. Aside from the Black and White slowly turning into color, I also think that minimal use of music is key to show the audiences how lucky we are in a world where we can experience these art for free. It does remind me of Equilibrium in some way. Maybe The Giver influenced Equilibrium.

Two of my current favorite books are now being made into a film - The Kite Runner and The Life of Pi And hopefully Sandman by Neil Gaiman (now with the success of Stardust...)
Mavericks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 10:57 PM
Elite Fan

The Sicilian would be great

I want Milo Ventimiglia in it!
-res cogitans- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 11:04 AM
Supreme Fan

I want Wicked if only because then I'd have a copy that I could watch whenever I wanted. Yes, it most likely would not be nearly as good as the stage version, and yes they would most likely cast all the wrong people (all the wrong people to me means pretty much anyone other than Eden Espinosa/Megan Hilty/Kristoffer Cusick), but it would still be better than having to pay at least $35 every time I wanted to see it - that is, IF it's even playing near me. I mean, I'm lucky that I live in LA and there's a sit-down production here right now, but it won't be here forever and sooner or later I'm going to go broke from this addiction. Having a DVD would save me tons of money!

For example, "The Phantom of the Opera" is a terrible movie and does no justice to the stage show AT ALL (IMO) but I'm still glad they made it and I'm still glad I have the DVD to pop in whenever I feel like watching a certain scene, and for whenever I go through withdrawals since it is most definitely not playing anywhere near me.
christinedechagny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 12:28 PM
Total Fan

Ooooh. Wicked would be a great movie. I'd totally watch it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by christinedechagny (View Post)
For example, "The Phantom of the Opera" is a terrible movie and does no justice to the stage show AT ALL (IMO)
ITA! It didn't do justice to the show at all. I watched this gem of a play in London's West End and it was amazing. The movie version really disappointed me 'cause there are a lot of things they could have done that couldn't be done in the theater.

Last edited by hannahbanana; 10-06-2007 at 12:33 PM
hannahbanana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 04:19 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdriaMichelle (View Post)
The Thorn Birds, it is by far one of my favorite books EVER, and I would love to see a big screen adaptation of this movie. Such a great movie. I almost done with the book only 216 pages to go. What a delight to read! I hope it gets made into a movie.
I know it's not a big screen film but this was adapted into a tv mini series back in the early 80s
Annie Jeff / Leslie Ben / Maria Michael / Pam Jim / Joey Pacey / Tyra Tim
jackiehydelover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 06:21 PM
Elite Fan

Guys, I remembered with have a Book adaptations you would want to see and Why

So, let's discuss everything except for the books. To talk about which book we would like to see made into a film, go to the link I gave above.
Old 10-07-2007, 01:47 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackiehydelover (View Post)
I know it's not a big screen film but this was adapted into a tv mini series back in the early 80s
It did. My mom had the tapes and I remember watching it when I was a kid. I don't think it would make a good movie, though. The story is too long and intricate that 2 hours wouldn't be enough to tell it. I think that's the problem with adaptations. There's not enough time for the stories to unfold as the original authors intended.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCKSTAR (View Post)
Guys, I remembered with have a Book adaptations you would want to see and Why

So, let's discuss everything except for the books. To talk about which book we would like to see made into a film, go to the link I gave above.
Ooops. Sorry. I thought it was okay because of the thread title.

hannahbanana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 09:47 AM
Dedicated Fan

I also have mixed feelings about wicked. It would either be completely amazing or complete trash.

I think a Degrassi movie would be interesting, but I don't know how they could pull it off so it would be understandable for people who don't watch the show.
cuemypulse is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread