Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-31-2007, 08:27 PM
Elite Fan

What was the last movie you saw? DISCUSSION (Use spoiler spaces for new films)

Gugette last saw:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gugette (View Post)
My Summer of Love - the two girls were both twisted, the only sympathetic character was the brother.

River Queen -About the British wars with the native New Zealanders and a mother looking for her son. Really disappointed at how average it was considering the cast of Cliff Curtis and Samantha Morton. The budget might have been too small for a proper large scale and it needed more depth.
Now it's your turn!
Old 03-31-2007, 09:04 PM
Moderator Support Team

The Lookout

Another good movie with Joseph Gordon-Levitt.

Besides, this is my kind of film and the script was pretty good. Lots of clever touches.
Old 03-31-2007, 10:16 PM
Moderator Support Team

Yes, the Lookout was great as was Joseph's performance.
Old 04-01-2007, 07:29 AM
Part-Time Fan

A documentary.

Into Great Silence

"For God, there is no past, only present" - One of the few lines of dialogue spoken by a Carthusian Monk in this film.

Philip Gröning originally approached the Carthusian brotherhood in 1984, requesting permission to film in one of their monasteries. Sixteen years later, they got back to him; this counts as fast for a religious order established a millennium ago. When permission was finally granted, the rules laid out for the project were as strict as the order itself: There would be no overt talking while shooting, nor commentary or music added to the finished film; no crew was allowed, so Groning shot alone, often living in a cell among the monks; and the use of artificial lights or overt equipment was prohibited, thus the use of small digital cameras and discreet sound-gathering apparatus. It sounds alot like a "Dogme" film doesn't it? The result is a movie that captures the day-to-day rhythms and repetitions of this place and these men, what it looks like to be there (which is colorless and stark), and what it sounds like, which is silent, save the occasional meditative chants and whispers.

The order was founded by St. Bruno of Cologne in 1084, and it appears that not much has changed in the lives of its adherents since then. A few concessions to modernity are visible: electric lights, a computer for keeping the books, and oranges and bananas in the middle of winter. But the rhythm of work, prayer and reflection —the attitude described as “joyful penitence” — flows in a cycle that feels not so much ancient as timeless.

Into Great Silence is 162 minutes long and is almost total silence. The film is both moving and a test of endurance. I can only recommend this film to those with the quietest of minds and hearts.

Old 04-01-2007, 11:40 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Rocky Balboa-my 1st Rocky movie ever....it was amazing!! it was inspirational and a little sad. Slyvester Stallone and Milo Ventimiglia were great together

Spoiler:
Thor/Loki Charles/Erik Kirk/Spock Zachary/Chris Dexter/Deb Nev/Max Thorin/Bilbo Neal/Peter John/D'avin Thomas/Newt Conrad/Devon Stiles/Scott Richie/Eddie
Old 04-01-2007, 03:31 PM
Master Fan

Serenity-I really enjoyed the movie. I haven't seen any of the series but I might rent it since I liked the movie.

Also watched Stranger than Fiction which had me crying for the last 15 minutes of the movie.
Old 04-01-2007, 05:06 PM
Obsessed Fan

Pursuit of Happyness---decent movie. I expected to be crying throughout the movie but I never cried during it. I think Will Smith did a great job in the role especially since I normally think he always over does everything. He was very subtle in his emotional scenes.

Blades of Glory--I laughed throughout this entire movie. One of the funniest Will Ferrell comedies to come out in a long time. There were a lot of clever one liners that just had me rolling in the aisles practically. I did think that Jenna Fisher, Amy Poehler and even Will Arnett were severely underused as all three are great comedic talents.
Old 04-01-2007, 07:26 PM
Master Fan

I really liked Turistas
Old 04-01-2007, 08:31 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocfan27 (View Post)
Rocky Balboa-my 1st Rocky movie ever.
That blows my mind that this was your first experience with Rocky! I'm glad you saw this one though before 3 or 5 See the first two like now! Rocky Balboa did a great job catching the grittiness that was in the first one until all the sequels.
Annie Jeff / Leslie Ben / Maria Michael / Pam Jim / Joey Pacey / Tyra Tim
Old 04-02-2007, 01:26 AM
Fan Forum Hero

X-men and X2 - again!, I like them, the first one mostly, I watched them with my aunts who also seemed to like them!

[TWENTY YEARS OF YOUNG AMERICANS!]
Join us for one l a s t celebration!♡
♪_where would we be without a little l o v e?
[ Sheida : Tumblr | Twitter | Instagram ]
Old 04-02-2007, 11:10 AM
Part-Time Fan

Can one change one's fate if one takes different actions?

It's a question asked one too many times before in a movie and asked once again in First Snow.

Sad to say First Snow is a complete waste of time and talent. Piper Perabo was in the film, but that's about all. Her role could have been completely written out and she wouldn't have been missed. I wouldn't even recommend this film to an enemy as a Netflix rental.

Old 04-02-2007, 01:37 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkedBlackBehr (View Post)
Can one change one's fate if one takes different actions?

It's a question asked one too many times before in a movie and asked once again in First Snow.

Sad to say First Snow is a complete waste of time and talent. Piper Perabo was in the film, but that's about all. Her role could have been completely written out and she wouldn't have been missed. I wouldn't even recommend this film to an enemy as a Netflix rental.
Aw, how dissapointing. I love Guy Pearce and was looking forward to this. But yeah, fate movies are usually not that great.
Old 04-02-2007, 02:02 PM
Obsessed Fan

Blades of Glory - I didn't stop laughing once. It was so much fun and a classic Will Ferrell movie.
Old 04-02-2007, 05:48 PM
Obsessed Fan

alpha dog earlier today it was good better than i thought, Justin T can act well I thought he would have been bad but I was suprised
Old 04-02-2007, 06:16 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Brady~ (View Post)
Blades of Glory - I didn't stop laughing once. It was so much fun and a classic Will Ferrell movie.
I cant wait to see this movie, heard alot of good stuff about it which I kinda already knew it was going to be funny.
My LJ
Closed Thread   Post New Thread