Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-06-2013, 04:15 PM
Absolute Fan

Perks of being a Wallflower

The best film I have seen in a really long time. Such a fantastic cast and the story was so powerful. I was expecting a fun cliche high school film but it was so much more. How has this been overlooked for awards.

Reminded me of 500 days of summer not in relation to story by any means but a film that is much more than you think it is going to be.
Old 01-06-2013, 05:38 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Blood Creek-3rd time seeing it...i really do enjoy this movie. Michael Fassbender, Dominic Purcell and Henry Cavill are all great...lots of action, a very interesting story...i would recommend it!
Thor/Loki Charles/Erik Kirk/Spock Zachary/Chris Dexter/Deb Nev/Max Thorin/Bilbo Neal/Peter John/D'avin Thomas/Newt Conrad/Devon Stiles/Scott Richie/Eddie
Old 01-06-2013, 05:38 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly2790 (View Post)
Perks of being a Wallflower

The best film I have seen in a really long time. Such a fantastic cast and the story was so powerful. I was expecting a fun cliche high school film but it was so much more. How has this been overlooked for awards.

Reminded me of 500 days of summer not in relation to story by any means but a film that is much more than you think it is going to be.
I saw this at the theater and loved it. I will definitely be buying the dvd when it comes out in a few weeks.
Old 01-06-2013, 06:15 PM
Master Fan

Trouble with the Curve - OK. Not the best of Eastwood's movies, but it was OK.
Old 01-06-2013, 08:22 PM
Passionate Fan

Premium Rush - it had alot going for a bike movie i loved it

Old 01-06-2013, 10:11 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocfan27 (View Post)
Blood Creek-3rd time seeing it...i really do enjoy this movie. Michael Fassbender, Dominic Purcell and Henry Cavill are all great...lots of action, a very interesting story...i would recommend it!
Quite a cast!
Old 01-07-2013, 09:46 PM
Fan Forum Hero

looper. it legit took me three weeks to watch this, but i finished it! and i liked it, but it didn't really serve much of a purpose. plus, with all the shootings in rl lately, i just felt kind of awkward watching a hitman kill, kill, kill. i actually started watching ten things i hate about you this afternoon, so... i can finally see jgl's beautiful face again. hehe.
Old 01-07-2013, 11:02 PM
Elite Fan

It took me a while to adjust to JGL's enhanced face. Hee. But I thought it was a good movie.
Old 01-08-2013, 01:26 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Video Games
Disney

Watched:

Inferno
Old 01-08-2013, 02:06 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by texas forever (View Post)
looper. it legit took me three weeks to watch this, but i finished it! and i liked it, but it didn't really serve much of a purpose. plus, with all the shootings in rl lately, i just felt kind of awkward watching a hitman kill, kill, kill. i actually started watching ten things i hate about you this afternoon, so... i can finally see jgl's beautiful face again. hehe.
Looper was THE best movie of 2012 and I would even go as far to say it may very well be one of the greatest films ever made. Its an instant classic.

-------

Little Birds (2012)

10/10

What a wonderful film! I love Juno Temple, both her and Kay Panabaker gives incredible performance.

--------

Killer Joe (2012)

10/10

MM best role ever. A very underrated film of 2012 and imo one of last year's best.

--------

About Cherry (2012)

7/10

Old 01-08-2013, 02:25 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Video Games
Disney

Watched Apocalypse Now earlier this morning and now I'm watching The Faculty.

I did have a question, has anyone seen the upcoming release, "Keep the Lights On". I just saw it on the release schedule it's about a gay couple in I think new York and one of the guys has a bad drug problem. Looks like this decade's "My Own Private Idaho".
Old 01-08-2013, 03:52 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCKSTAR (View Post)
It took me a while to adjust to JGL's enhanced face. Hee. But I thought it was a good movie.
i didn't dislike his new face, in fact i applaud jgl's commitment, but bruce's role didn't seem broad enough for me to care about his character's mission. jgl even changed his voice a bit to match bruce's sort of whisper that he does. i dug it! i just wish the second half of the movie didn't turn into what it was. because nothing against emily blunt, but i didn't like her character at all. and it all turning into your typical movie twist ending was boring. i really liked the first half though and it would have been cool to explore the looper's/the looper's world more. maybe we'll get a prequel sometime!
Old 01-08-2013, 04:00 PM
Addicted Fan

Halloween (2007)

Rob Zombie is a genius. I LOVED his reboot.
Old 01-08-2013, 06:10 PM
Obsessed Fan

today in a theater....

'the impossible'

best described in one word.....INTENSE..........for extreme images of destruction and mayhem.......naomi watts has never been better.....imo a best actress academy award nomination.....

recommended

Old 01-08-2013, 06:12 PM
Loyal Fan

Pitch Perfect (2012)
I had built up my expectations waaaaay too high and I was kind of left with a "meh"-feeling afterwards. Rebel Wilson really stands out in it, she's a comedic genius and I've loved her ever since the first time I saw her on The Wedge. There isn't a lot to put on the rest of the cast either, the songs are great and I did laugh a couple of times. I personally just think it is waaaaay overrated, with the exception of Rebel's outstanding performance, it's "just" a decent comedy and that's pretty much it, it's not bad but it's not brilliant either.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread