Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-03-2020, 04:53 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by canflam (View Post)
Interesting, so you don't recommend watching ''I am Jane Doe''?
It's not a bad film at all. The message is incredibly important. It's just kind of dry the way it's laid out. That said, I personally did not regret watching it.
dh23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2020, 05:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

The Funhouse (1981) - this film is so weird. Directed by Tobe Hooper and similar in style to his Texas Chainsaw Massacre roots. But the opening scene... Incestuous much? And I honestly thought the girl was going to turn out to be the killer but nope, she's just your average annoying scream queen

Not great and the killer looked like Jason Voorhies in Friday the 13th Part 4. Also NONE of the teens are likeable. The ending is so abrupt, I was like "that's it?"

I might rate it in the Horror thread. I can't currently think of what score to give it
Old 02-07-2020, 02:37 PM
Loyal Fan

The Good Liar (2019) Starring Helen Mirren, Ian McKellan, Russel Tovey.

Plot: Consummate con man Roy Courtnay has set his sights on his latest mark: the recently widowed Betty McLeish, worth millions. But this time, what should have been a simple swindle escalates into a cat-and-mouse game with the ultimate stakes.

I really enjoyed this. The reveal at the end, the twist was so worth it!

XXX (Hatton Garden Job)
Bettie Mae Page is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2020, 11:05 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Movies
The 90s

watched Blinded By the Light and even though I’m not too familiar with Bruce Springsteen’s music I liked it

I thought it was a good coming-of-age movie

You know, Ernest only has lovely things to say about you

atwoodsmariano is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 04:45 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Annabelle Comes Home-it was pretty terrible....lame and not scary. The second one is the best of the three by far....Patrick Wilson and Vera Farmiga are the standouts. Not recommended.
Thor/Loki Charles/Erik Kirk/Spock Zachary/Chris Dexter/Deb Nev/Max Thorin/Bilbo Neal/Peter John/D'avin Thomas/Newt Conrad/Devon Stiles/Scott Richie/Eddie
ocfan27 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 04:52 PM
Loyal Fan

^^ It fell flat for sure.

Charlie's Angels (2019) - I really liked this, it was fun and Kristen Stewart was hilarious!

I wouldn't mind a sequel to this.

XXX (Hatton Garden Job)
Bettie Mae Page is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 06:37 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Movie: Jesse Stone: Death In Paradise
Year Released: 2001
Starring: Tom Selleck, Viola Davis, Kohl Sudduth, & Orla Brady among others.
Plot: Jesse Stone has settled into life as the police chief of the small New England town of Paradise, Massachusetts when the body of a teenage girl is found floating in a local lake. Stone discovers that the once straight-A student had started down a path of self-destruction and was estranged from her parents who never reported her missing.
Rating out of 5 4.
Comments: This is another solid film in the ''Jesse Stone'' franchise that I think keeps people guessing whom the killer was. Certainly if you're a fan of Tom Selleck or murder mysteries, this is well worth checking out, even if you haven't read the book.

Last edited by canflam; 02-14-2020 at 04:46 PM
canflam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 11:41 AM
Obsessed Fan

Little Women (2019)
A pretty good adaptation that I have no particularly strong thoughts on or feelings about. I guess it might be because at this point I'm too distanced from the source material, which I read and liked as child but haven't revisited since. Anyway, it is an enjoyable movie. I liked the non-linear storytelling, the sympathetic portrayal of Amy (the writing for her was great and so was the actress's portrayal), the ambiguity of Jo's ending (incredible that it took so many years for an adaptation of this story in which the main character doesn't get married to be ok with publishers and audiences) and even the sledgehammering of “kinda sucked to be a woman back then.” I found the actors' mannerism a bit too modern initially but I got used to. I also found the story a tad too cheesy and wholesome at times, but not too much to make it annoying.

Parasite (2019)
Been meaning to watch this one ever since it got Palme d'Or and finally got round to it a couple of days ago. Loved it. One of the common complaints I heard about the movie is that it is not subtle about it's message and, while that is true, I don't think it takes anything away from the movie. It's still a very well-crafted and emotionally impactful movie. It captures the precarity, trauma and shame of lower class existence so well. This is probably my favorite movie that I saw since 2018's Sorry to Bother You.
Slayerette89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 05:52 PM
Fan Forum Hero

In The Tall Grass-It was on Netflix...way out there and confusing doesn’t even begin to cover it. I have no idea what I just watched..... i has read a summary after watching and I still don’t get it. Not recommended
Thor/Loki Charles/Erik Kirk/Spock Zachary/Chris Dexter/Deb Nev/Max Thorin/Bilbo Neal/Peter John/D'avin Thomas/Newt Conrad/Devon Stiles/Scott Richie/Eddie

Last edited by ocfan27; 02-14-2020 at 07:49 PM
Old 02-14-2020, 05:56 PM
Fan Forum Hero

So here's the synopsis of ''In The Tall Grass'': ''A brother and sister enter a field of tall grass to rescue a boy, but they soon realize they cannot escape and something evil lurks in the grass.''

Now generally in reviews of this movie I think that fans think it's a terrifying enough film for them to enjoy in its genre.
canflam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 07:49 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by canflam (View Post)
So here's the synopsis of ''In The Tall Grass'': ''A brother and sister enter a field of tall grass to rescue a boy, but they soon realize they cannot escape and something evil lurks in the grass.''

Now generally in reviews of this movie I think that fans think it's a terrifying enough film for them to enjoy in its genre.
Thanks for posting this....
Old 02-16-2020, 12:15 AM
Fan Forum Star

In the Tall Grass Pretty Good.

Bad Boys For Life was good! I give it a 8.5 out of 10.
Old 02-16-2020, 10:49 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Movies
The 90s

I gave in and watched To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before earlier this week

resisted watching it before because I thought it was overrated

I still think it’s overrated and not the best rom-com ever like a lot of people think but I liked it for what it was

Lara Jean was a good character and I liked seeing an Asian as a lead in a rom-com

I liked Peter in the first movie (I got the appeal of the character)

I did dislike him quite a bit in the sequel though
Spoiler:

I liked John Ambrose more in the sequel

Spoiler:

You know, Ernest only has lovely things to say about you

atwoodsmariano is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2020, 01:01 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Toy Story 4

I feel like this movie is the epitome of what happens when studios force sequels out of a series that should have stayed in the past.

It's flat, it's lifeless, it's OOC, it's everything a Toy Story movie shouldn't be.

They screwed over Woody, and his dynamic with Buzz.

They screwed over the supporting characters who lived with Andy all those years (they barely get any screen time).

Most of all, they screwed over Bo Beep. Her personality did a complete 180 in this movie, to the point where I wondered what Woody saw in her. And that hurts because I shipped them together since the first one in 1995.

The little girl who Andy gave the toys to (sorry I forgot her name) is barely in the movie, and Woody basically becomes a carer of this new ridiculous toy who TAKES HIS PLACE in the end and I cannot stress enough how much I hate the ending

OMG I hate to give this a low rating, but I have to.

/5

Tom Hanks and Tim Allen both sounded like they were phoning in their performances, like they just don't care (and I almost don't blame them, because we all know the 3rd movie was announced as the very last one).

And what was the point of Keanu Reeves' character? Extremely overhyped and underused.

If I could pretend this movie wasn't canon, I would.
Old Yesterday, 04:42 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Joker-I enjoyed it....it was definitely a different take on the usual origin story. It was relatable in a way that I haven’t really seen in a movie before. It was intense for sure and even though Heath Ledger will always be my favorite Joker...I did enjoy Joaquin Phoenix’s take on the character. I would recommend it!

Last edited by ocfan27; Yesterday at 07:01 PM
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top