Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-26-2019, 03:18 PM
I am a basketball genius!

Movie: The Lady Vanishes
Year Released: 1938
Starring: Margaret Lockwood & Michael Redgrave
Plot:On a train headed for England a group of travelers is delayed by an avalanche. Holed up in a hotel in a fictional European country, young Iris (Margaret Lockwood) befriends elderly Miss Froy (Dame May Whitty). When the train resumes, Iris suffers a bout of unconsciousness and wakes to find the old woman has disappeared. The other passengers ominously deny Miss Froy ever existed, so Iris begins to investigate with another traveler (Michael Redgrave) and, as the pair sleuth, romantic sparks fly.
Rating out of 5 : 4 of 5.
Comments: This was a solid film. It was frustrating seeing how many people wouldn't believe Iris about Ms. Froy existing, but if you're a fan of Alfred Hitchcock & haven't seen ''The Lady Vanishes'', it's worth a watch.

Last edited by canflam; 10-27-2019 at 04:02 PM
Old 10-28-2019, 12:47 PM
Master Fan

IT Chapter Two - I really loved this, I thought it was fantastic.

Finally got to see it in a small theatre in town as it's one of the last weekends for it to be in theatres apparently.
Old 10-28-2019, 04:10 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I watched the movie version of After not you're typical love story but still very good it is based on a book series by Anna Todd the series we're originally on this website www.wattpad.com/After before being published officially.

Icon
"Give me a reason
You're silent when I'm screaming ,You took a piece of me And Now I'm Barely Breathing"

Last edited by olicity4eva; 10-28-2019 at 10:52 PM
Old 10-30-2019, 05:51 AM
Loyal Fan

Movie: Maleficent: Mistress of Evil
Year Released: 2019
Starring: Angelina Jolie, Michelle Pfeiffer & Elle Fanning
Rating out of 5 : 4 of 5
Comments: Went to the theater to see this the other day. Honestly not really sure where the "Mistress of Evil" title comes from because Maleficent doesn't really do anything "evil" per say, the cast in the film only think she does for most of the film. One thing I am really disappointed about is the recasting of Prince Phillip. Harris Dickinson looks nothing like Brenton Thwaites who played Phillip in the first film. They could have at least given Harris brown contacts (who has really blue eyes) to make him some what resemble Brenton as Phillip.

The visuals of the birdlike people were very well done but I kept wondering where these people were all Maleficent's life up until this point, "in hiding" really didn't cut it for me. I also kinda wanted to know how Maleficent got into the Moors since they we're doing the whole "You're really one of us" backstory.

Another thing that slightly bothered me was Aurora kept referring to her as "Mother". I get that they have a closer bond than she ever did with the three fairies who raised her for 15 years (who get called Aunties) but I do feel that as a little bit of a stretch for someone who at this point only knew her for 5 years.

Blue fairy who sacrificed herself to save the other creatures by getting turned into a flower really should have been the green fairy (showing some character growth from immaturity could have helped) would have made a little more sense for the ending with the dress argument, having it "No Pink! No Green!" felt a little weird.... although I guess as a flower the blue fairy got her final say by making it blue.

With all that said I did enjoy the film. Michelle Pfeiffer of course is always a treat. I was kind of wondering how she got that troll guy to help her, he seemed to have been captured previously or something. Surprised that Disney didn't decide to return all the creatures back at the end.
Old 10-30-2019, 08:37 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

People who liked or even didn't like Unfriended should know that the sequel, Unfriended: Dark Web is MILES BETTER.

It's the same layout of watching social media play out on screen and entrap these group of friends, but the victims are actually sympathetic in the sequel and the plot is more about the creepiness of hackers (and it's still able to use a supernatural element to reinforce the horror aspect).

It's much more clever and better written than the first one. The protagonist is actually someone you can root for, as opposed to the self-centered in the first movie.

Rating: 4 out of 5

Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 10-30-2019, 03:17 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Trick R Treat-I’ve seen it before...it’s a good movie. It’s definitely not scary but it tells a good story! Recommended!
Thor/Loki Charles/Erik Kirk/Spock Zachary/Chris Dexter/Deb Nev/Max Thorin/Bilbo Neal/Peter John/D'avin Thomas/Newt Conrad/Devon Stiles/Scott Richie/Eddie
Old 10-30-2019, 11:54 PM
Fan Forum Star

Spirited Away

finally got to see this masterpiece on the big screen tonight and the animation is truly stunning even more on the big screen

also the spirit world is mesmerizing

and the music score oh the score

Daveigh Chase is great as Chihiro

Rating: 10 out of 10 Hakus as a dragon 🐉

Last edited by atwoodsmariano; 10-31-2019 at 12:18 AM
Old 10-31-2019, 02:12 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SailorKrypton (View Post)
Movie: Maleficent: Mistress of Evil
Year Released: 2019
Starring: Angelina Jolie, Michelle Pfeiffer & Elle Fanning
Rating out of 5 : 4 of 5
Comments: Went to the theater to see this the other day. Honestly not really sure where the "Mistress of Evil" title comes from because Maleficent doesn't really do anything "evil" per say, the cast in the film only think she does for most of the film. One thing I am really disappointed about is the recasting of Prince Phillip. Harris Dickinson looks nothing like Brenton Thwaites who played Phillip in the first film. They could have at least given Harris brown contacts (who has really blue eyes) to make him some what resemble Brenton as Phillip.

The visuals of the birdlike people were very well done but I kept wondering where these people were all Maleficent's life up until this point, "in hiding" really didn't cut it for me. I also kinda wanted to know how Maleficent got into the Moors since they we're doing the whole "You're really one of us" backstory.

Another thing that slightly bothered me was Aurora kept referring to her as "Mother". I get that they have a closer bond than she ever did with the three fairies who raised her for 15 years (who get called Aunties) but I do feel that as a little bit of a stretch for someone who at this point only knew her for 5 years.

Blue fairy who sacrificed herself to save the other creatures by getting turned into a flower really should have been the green fairy (showing some character growth from immaturity could have helped) would have made a little more sense for the ending with the dress argument, having it "No Pink! No Green!" felt a little weird.... although I guess as a flower the blue fairy got her final say by making it blue.

With all that said I did enjoy the film. Michelle Pfeiffer of course is always a treat. I was kind of wondering how she got that troll guy to help her, he seemed to have been captured previously or something. Surprised that Disney didn't decide to return all the creatures back at the end.
I saw this twice loved it.
Still After for me.

Icon
"Give me a reason
You're silent when I'm screaming ,You took a piece of me And Now I'm Barely Breathing"
Old 11-01-2019, 11:34 AM
Master Fan

The Dyatlov Pass Incident (AKA "Devil's Pass")

Summary: A group of 5 students go the location of the infamous "dyatlov pass incident", to make a documentary but things take a turn for the worse to reveal the secrets as to what happened there.

Old 11-04-2019, 09:34 PM
Fan Forum Star

Booksmart (2019), directed by Olivia Wilde. i had never heard of this film until the very recent Delta Airlines scandal in which they used a third party editing service to remove certain scenes for 'decency'.

so i watched it, holy cow it was knock down funny, i haven't laughed/rolled eyes/shook my head in quite a while. it totally ripped and smashed stereotypes, asked important social questions without the preachy crap, and delivered the totally awkward feelings of high-school drama and such. it was the step past the sensational 2004 Mean Girls, with a whole lot more profanity! yes!

the baked barbie doll scene is side-splitting to say the least!

four thumbs up!!!

Clexa Forever! | may we meet again | Dave
Old 11-04-2019, 09:37 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Zombieland Double Tap I saw the first movie I liked both however my friend complained about the sequel it saying it wasn't great or she didn't like it etc. but It is my type of movie 6/10.

Icon
"Give me a reason
Old 11-05-2019, 11:59 AM
Master Fan

Saw this movie on Sunday afternoon, and it was so good!

Old 11-08-2019, 06:00 PM
Fan Forum Hero

IT-2017 version....sighs....I love this movie! I’ve seen it before of course...it’s beautiful and it’s tragic...tells a great story and it’s well acted. Highly recommended always!
Thor/Loki Charles/Erik Kirk/Spock Zachary/Chris Dexter/Deb Nev/Max Thorin/Bilbo Neal/Peter John/D'avin Thomas/Newt Conrad/Devon Stiles/Scott Richie/Eddie
Old 11-09-2019, 12:25 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Last Christmas I saw it with a social group of friends then my best friend wanted to see it it was very sad 8/10

Icon
"Give me a reason
Old 11-09-2019, 03:15 PM
Fan Forum Star

watched this indie drama movie that came out last summer that my dad was watching called Changeland

written and directed by Seth Green and he’s in it along with Macaulay Culkin, Breckin Meyer, and Brenda Song among others

definitely liked the Thailand setting

pretty decent movie

Last edited by atwoodsmariano; 11-09-2019 at 03:35 PM
Closed Thread   Post New Thread