Remember Me?
Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-25-2019, 03:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Ju-On: White Ghost

One of my all-time favorite horrors. Feels like a string of arcs which effortlessly tie together. Excellent performances, concise script, very suspenseful and appropriately upholds The Grudge legacy with interesting/scary/sympathetic characters.

Old 07-29-2019, 08:24 AM
Part-Time Fan

I watched Family Obligatons, a 2019 indie movie. It was so good! The main character goes on a long monolouge in the middle of the movie which was so honest, it stayed with me for days after seeing the movie. Even now I'm still thinking about it.
Old 07-30-2019, 06:51 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I waited ages to watch Velvet Buzzsaw and seriously am baffled by the mixed-to-negative response among reviewers. I thought it was an excellent film. Perhaps it's similar to how I liked Darren Aronofsky's Mother! whereas many people thought it was too psychologically confusing.

I guess some people just don't like to be challenged when watching a movie? Fair enough if so.

Some parts are slow and I really did NOT like Josephina's character or the cold way she was played by Zawe Ashton, but overall it was very suspenseful and compelling.

If you're into Art and enjoy Thriller/Horror movies, this one combines the two genres very well.

a solid 8/10.

Old 08-01-2019, 02:34 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Movies

re-watched Stuart Little for the first time since I was little

my VHS copy used to be my go-to movie when I was sick/had a cold/fever when I was little

love the Alan Silvestri score (it reminded me a lot of Parent Trap)

Michael J. Fox voicing Stuart is very endearing

and I would’ve never guessed that Nathan Lane who did the voice for Timon also did the voice for Snowbell

like how Snowbell defends Stuart from the cats and says that Stuart is family at the end

You know, Ernest only has lovely things to say about you

Old 08-01-2019, 04:56 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Watched a French film called HeatWave

Slow paced and the actors aren't very engaging, but the aim was to clearly get an 'everyday' feel by capturing shots in steady-cam and following the mundane lives of a bunch of people whose destinies are intertwined in dramatic ways.

The ending (with the older man and the gang outside his house who are causing him distress) reminded me of Gus Van Sant's ELEPHANT. A very abrupt moment of violence but once you re-analyze their paths in your mind, it seems inevitable. This scene in HEATWAVE works because it feels disassociated from the rest of the movie. A twist in the tale that makes things less dull.

A solid 7/10.
Old 08-06-2019, 04:25 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Movies

The Little Rascals for its 25th anniversary

still such a fun movie to watch

Old 08-06-2019, 02:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

A Perfect Murder (1998 remake of Dial M For Murder)

I'd say it's compelling because Michael Douglas, Viggo Mortensen and Gwyneth Paltrow all bring their A-game.

Quite a simplistic ending (I would have preferred David and Emily reuniting as a twist, but I guess they didn't want to stray too far from the original)

out of 5
Old 08-06-2019, 03:56 PM
Obsessed Fan

The Little Rascals is the cutest. I think I watched it every time it was on tv

x

Roma (2018)

The sheer beauty of this movie makes up for whatever shortcomings it might have and largely justifies the hype surrounding it last year. Slow cinema techniques it employs are nothing new, but they are done well. It's an enjoyable watch mainly due to the gorgeous cinematography and wonderfully understated acting of its lead. It also does a solid job tackling the social issues it sets out to tackle (class, race, gender and the government suppression of progressive movements in the 1970s Mexico, backed by the US).
Old 08-07-2019, 04:13 PM
Fan Forum Hero

MALEVOLENT

No joke: the main thing I took away from watching this movie is that the actors who played the brother and sister had stronger sexual chemistry with each other than they did with their supposed love interests.

My opinion is that the roles of Ben Lloyd-Hughes (who played Will in DIVERGENT) and Florence Hugh should have been re-written as a couple. They basically argued like a couple, stared at each other like a couple, and fought for each other like a couple. It was all very confusing and I still don't get why the writers bothered with the other two expendable characters

It was a semi-interesting ghost film but I have to knock off at least a star for Elliot's character having survived all of those brutal falls and attacks. Just... No. He was stabbed in the back and legs countless times, yet he kept getting up and talking. Bad acting or bad writing? Both, I think.

Rating out of 5:
Old 08-07-2019, 04:57 PM
Fan Forum Hero

The Belko Experiment-better than I thought it was going to be...definitely intense and thought provoking! The would recommend it!
Thor/Loki Charles/Erik Kirk/Spock Zachary/Chris Dexter/Deb Nev/Max Thorin/Bilbo Neal/Peter John/D'avin Thomas/Newt Conrad/Devon Stiles/Scott Richie/Eddie
Old 08-08-2019, 01:46 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Movies

Slayerette89 - I love that scene

Porky and Buckwheat are so cute and the kids are all so talented

Old 08-25-2019, 03:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Comics & Cartoons

Downfall

This is a 2004 film based on Hitler's secretary ''Traudi Junge's account of Hitler's final days alive. It's in German with English subtitles among other languages I believe on DVD. 1 thing that I was not aware of was how there were so many suicides by Hitler's men around him. Heinrich Himmler, Herman Goring, Lord von Greim, & Martin Bormann to name a few. They thought it was better than surrendering to the Soviets, which I'd say having to choose between cheering for Bolsheviks or Nazis to win a war means there is no good choice. I did feel sorry for the young girls certainly that were forced to die, because adults didn't want Russians getting control of them. That was to watch.
Old 08-28-2019, 04:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It-the 2017 version...I’ve seen it before. Such a great movie....unsettling in the best possible way! Definitely thought provoking and well acted! Can’t wait for chapter 2 next week! Highly recommended!
Thor/Loki Charles/Erik Kirk/Spock Zachary/Chris Dexter/Deb Nev/Max Thorin/Bilbo Neal/Peter John/D'avin Thomas/Newt Conrad/Devon Stiles/Scott Richie/Eddie
Old 08-28-2019, 04:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Comics & Cartoons

It was good. I enjoyed the old T.V. version also of ''IT'' from back in the day. I watched ''The Curse of La llorona'' & the 1960's film titled ''The Terror'' starring ''Boris Karloff & Jack Nicholson this week.
Old 09-02-2019, 09:27 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Angel Has Fallen : 3rd movie in the series .
Very good fast paced . Action and lots of violence but not bloody .
Good story add in it has been #1 at the Box Office 2 weeks in a row
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top