Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-20-2019, 02:58 PM
Obsessed Fan

Juno (2007)

Solid movie. But super overrated too. I don't think it whatsoever deserved either the mass-audience popularity or the critical acclaim it got. Imo teen girls deserve much better than the mediocre indie cinema like this that is widely cerebrated for some reason.
Old 04-21-2019, 02:18 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

The Fly [1986]

I will certainly never jump on the "original was a disappointment as a horror" bandwagon because I think the 1958 version with David Hedison & Vincent Price tells a poignant story of a tragic scientist; reminds me a lot of Frankenstein.

That said, if you're looking for explicit horror, then the Jeff Goldblum version is absolutely the way to look David Cronenberg never did hold back on gore, perverse sexuality and complex characterization.

I'd definitely say that Goldblum's strong performance elevates this movie to an award-worthy level, beyond the obvious genius use of special effects and costume to make it so scary. His acting is just spectacular in this movie.

Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 04-22-2019, 01:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

High Life (2018) Starring Robert Pattinson - Fantastic film from French director Claire Denis!
Old 04-23-2019, 04:00 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Mourning Son-it was a documentary about the murder of Dave Navarro’s mother. It was honest and well done. I would recommend it.

Avengers: Endgame-You would have thought 10 years would have prepared me for that...but no...nothing could have prepared me. It everything and nothing that I wanted...it heartbreaking but laugh out loud funny. Everyone was at the top of their game...and I'm happy for it. Highly Recommended,
Thor/Loki Charles/Erik Kirk/Spock Zachary/Chris Dexter/Deb Nev/Max Thorin/Bilbo Neal/Peter John/D'avin Thomas/Newt Conrad/Devon Stiles/Scott Richie/Eddie

Last edited by ocfan27; 04-26-2019 at 12:40 PM
Old 04-26-2019, 02:02 PM
Loyal Fan

Power Rangers (2017) ⋆⋆⋆☆☆

The remake of the 90s series in film format. Over in the 90s board people we're discussing this film so I figured I'd watch it again as I haven't seen it since it was in theaters. Over all it wasn't what I expected. I really wish they had more screen time as Rangers, the movie being extended another 30-40 mins would have done soooo much more for the film. I realize the origin story is important but it took way too long.

The endorsement for the film is Krispy Kreme and it's mentioned so many times in the film which would ordinarily bother me but it was actually used in a fun way especially when Rita refers to Krispy Kreme having to be the "source of life" since it was located where the crystal was.

The acting was overall pretty good. Elizabeth Banks did the best she could with the villain, I understand most watching the film would be children or teens but her being very adapted to modern day ways being from the prehistoric era was a but much (aside from her not knowing what Krispy Kreme is), it would have been nice to see her deal with modern day technology in a questionable manner.

I believe due to low sales the film never got the green light for a sequel. I don't think the film was horrible enough to not get one, the origin story has been told so anything further would have been character development and story involving them in super hero action.
Old 04-28-2019, 03:11 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Avengers:Endgame-for the second time..I loved it and it really made me sad. Seeing it for the second time definitely gave me more perspective and I was able to pay attention to what they were saying and doing. I love all the Avengers movies...I will miss them terribly. Highly recommended
Thor/Loki Charles/Erik Kirk/Spock Zachary/Chris Dexter/Deb Nev/Max Thorin/Bilbo Neal/Peter John/D'avin Thomas/Newt Conrad/Devon Stiles/Scott Richie/Eddie
Old 04-28-2019, 03:21 PM
I am a basketball genius!

I don't understand. I haven't seen ''Avengers: Endgame yet, but you weren't able to pay attention to what they were saying in the film the first time & now you do understand what they said?
Old 04-28-2019, 06:19 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by canflam (View Post)
I don't understand. I haven't seen ''Avengers: Endgame yet, but you weren't able to pay attention to what they were saying in the film the first time & now you do understand what they said?
Sorry I should’ve explained it better...the first time I was focusing on what was happening and I missed some of the little things....and it makes better sense when you see it more than once
Old 04-29-2019, 06:47 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by atwoodsmariano (View Post)
re-watched the full movie of 17 Again for the 1st time in a while for its 10th anniversary today and it holds up well after 10 years

my 2nd favorite Zac movie after Charlie St. Cloud

Matthew Perry

so Chandler Bing

so many hilarious and memorable scenes

this scene never gets old

Zac made me cry again with the letter reading scene at the court hearing
That move is so good, that classic 2000's feel. I am seething with jealousy you got to re-experience it.
Old 04-29-2019, 06:51 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocfan27 (View Post)
Avengers:Endgame-for the second time..I loved it and it really made me sad. Seeing it for the second time definitely gave me more perspective and I was able to pay attention to what they were saying and doing. I love all the Avengers movies...I will miss them terribly. Highly recommended
same. it made me sad and also kinda mad. there are things that I really didn't like.
Old 04-30-2019, 02:27 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Avengers: Endgame (2019)
I really enjoyed it
Old 04-30-2019, 03:04 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elif_ZV (View Post)
Avengers: Endgame (2019)
I really enjoyed it
Me too.

icon
"I love you, it’s ruining my life."
Old 04-30-2019, 07:13 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Avengers endgame off the charts awesome
Old 04-30-2019, 09:42 AM
Moderator Support Team

Shazam. Apparently, lots of people who didn't see it thought it was a kids movie.
Old 05-05-2019, 01:26 PM
Elite Fan

Bohemian Rhapsody
Closed Thread   Post New Thread