Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-25-2004, 06:34 AM
Fan Forum Star

What was the last movie you saw? With a brief thought on that film - # 1609

Proceed

Sasha
Old 08-25-2004, 06:43 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Billy Elliot - what a great film! It went straight up to my Top 10. The acting was fantastic, especially from the three younger actors. Jamie Bell suited for that role extremely well and watching him dance was great. And I have to say I was kind of shocked how intense that scene with Billy and Debbie at her room after the pillow fight was. It was extremely intense and the only thing she did was touch his cheek! It's gotta be one of the most romantic scenes I've ever seen and I couldn't believe the actors were about 12-14 years old, that's how good they were. I definetly recommed it

Laura|
Old 08-26-2004, 01:22 AM
Master Fan

garden state. Really good. Natalie Portman was excellent as always, Zach Braff impressed me and it wasn't as depressing/sad as I had thought it would be. Good soundtrack, too

lex/lana("I did it for you") felicity/noel("you're my first boyfriend") trey/alex(mixing business with pleasure) seth/chloe(every superhero needs a lois lane)
Old 08-26-2004, 11:49 AM
Master Fan

The Excorist The Beginning- I thought it was very scary but not as scary as the original one that was released 30 years before. However I think all horror movie fans should go see it.
Old 08-27-2004, 01:40 AM
Extreme Fan

Interstate 60 - A really odd movie with James Marsden and Gary Oldman. It's about this guy who makes a wish and ends up delivering a package across a make believe interstate. The cities are the most interesting part, everyone should watch this movie. It's kind of a satire of the way we live today. Good weird movie.
Old 08-27-2004, 02:41 AM
Loyal Fan

I saw Kill Bill Vol. 1 and 2. I really liked Vol. 1, especially the big fight scene between Uma and the Crazy 88 gang(I think that's what they were called?). After watching that I was kind of disappointed in Vol. 2. I didn't really like the second one.
Old 08-27-2004, 03:21 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally posted by Lazy
Billy Elliot - what a great film!
I that movie. I must have seen it a million times when it first came out.

Sasha
Old 08-27-2004, 09:34 AM
Obsessed Fan

King Kong - The original with Fay Wray, because they were showing some of her films as a tribute. Never seen it before so wasn't quite sure whether I was going to love it or hate it but I really liked it. Kong was, I admit, kinda fake looking but Fay Wray was wonderful and it was so exciting throughout.

The Richest Girl in the World - Another Fay Wray, although possibly not quite as good. Did enjoy but with such a stellar cast it possibly could have been better.

Trouble in the Glen - Big disappointment - two of my favourites in this and yet they still couldn't turn this into an enjoyable film.
Old 08-27-2004, 07:47 PM
Obsessed Fan

The Ring- Not as scary as I thought it would be, but I still liked it.
Old 08-27-2004, 11:35 PM
Master Fan

along came polly: A real surprise(in a good way). It was very cute, loved Ben Stiller.

lex/lana("I did it for you") felicity/noel("you're my first boyfriend") trey/alex(mixing business with pleasure) seth/chloe(every superhero needs a lois lane)
Old 08-28-2004, 01:13 AM
Fan Forum Star

Starsky and Hutch-OMG it was so funny. Ben Stiller and Owen Wilson were so great in it. lol. I love it.. now i want to buy it.
icon: xthebesthing
Old 08-28-2004, 01:24 AM
Addicted Fan

The Stolen Jools - so many star cameos, and it all worked so brilliantly, tons of fun

Three Broadway Girls - pretty average unfortunately but at least worth seeing once, and some shining moments

Last edited by Profaine Angel; 08-28-2004 at 09:15 AM
Old 08-28-2004, 01:44 AM
Elite Fan

The Crying Game - This is the second time I see this wonderful film. And this is the second time I get lost in it. I love it. It's in my nature.
Old 08-28-2004, 09:14 AM
Addicted Fan

The Lodger - brilliant early Hitchcock and I *think* I even saw the great man's cameo

The Smiling Lieutenant - new favourite movie Just so much FUN

The Vampire Bat - well with a title like that I knew not to expect anything too good but it actually wasn't bad
Old 08-28-2004, 01:13 PM
Obsessed Fan

'ying xiong'.......(hero).....a story about the defeat of 3 assassins told ala 'rashomon' style......in mandarin with english subtitles.....

all in all i liked it....i'm glad i watched in on a big screen....it is a film of epic proportions...with a story i'm familiar with....i think maybe a year or two ago i saw another film called 'jing ke ci qin wang....('the emperor and the assassin'.....with li gong....a 3 hour film....which explores a related story).....the martial arts choreograph reminded me of 'crouching tiger.....' but i thought it was better displayed in this film.......if anything this film makes me want to follow the acting careers and films of the principle actors in this film even more.....

Last edited by mukooh; 08-28-2004 at 01:30 PM
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top