Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-26-2004, 09:20 AM
Elite Fan

What was the last movie you saw? With a brief thought on that film - # 1605

And so the fun continues.. [img]smilies/roller.gif[/img]
Old 03-26-2004, 09:23 AM
Total Fan

In America. Intimate and heartfelt, but riddled with plot holes. The sisters were portrayed with amazing authenticity (as the 2 actresses were really sisters), but the rest of the cast weren't quite as good.

Good movie, but not a classic. Shame, it should have and easily could have been.
Old 03-26-2004, 10:06 AM
Elite Fan

Gothika yes! It scared me.. The story was weak but the movie is worth a look because then you can admit you actually got a bit scared. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 03-26-2004, 02:31 PM
Total Fan

Mona Lisa Smile

Meh, a waste of my money.

I know should be more articulate and give reasons for why I disliked this film so much, but I simply cannot muster the energy...well, except to say Maggie Gyllenhaal was the only redeeming part of the movie
Old 03-26-2004, 03:41 PM
Supreme Fan

darkness - whoa! [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] pretty scary, boys & girls! [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] i actually wanted to rent the gathering but accidentally the guy gave me the wrong dvd but jee, that movie was pretty --- scary. i hate darkness anyways so i probably shouldn't have watched it at all.
Old 03-26-2004, 05:00 PM
Master Fan

Secondhand Lions

I thought it was pretty good--I'd give it about 3 stars out of 4--& very enjoyable for the whole family. It's different though, but I think most people will like it.

**Actress^Animal Lover^Flutist^Writer**
Old 03-26-2004, 11:25 PM
Dedicated Fan

Dawn of the Dead! GREAT movie.

Edited to take out mild spoiler [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

[ 03-27-2004: Message edited ROCKSTAR ]

Old 03-27-2004, 12:10 AM
Master Fan

I just watched Legends of the Fall again, I know it's older but it's still a great movie. I'd forgotten how much it made me cry though [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
Old 03-27-2004, 12:36 AM
Addicted Fan

Jersey Girl - Ben Affleck was so great in this movie, he played the part so well. Not to mention George Carlin and Liv Tyler were also great. Raquel Castro shined as Ben's daughter. I recommend it. Kevin Smith you delivered a home run w/ this movie!
[img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] [img]smilies/sigh.gif[/img]

"No matter what kind of day I am having butterflies will always help me cope."
Old 03-27-2004, 01:27 AM
Addicted Fan

Starsky & Hutch. Good fun! Wilson and Stiller were really easy to watch, and there were some great scenes - the dance floor scene for one, and the running along the beach [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
I can ride you at a gallop till your legs buckle and your eyes roll up. I've got muscles you've never even dreamed of. I could squeeze you until you pop like warm champagne and you'd beg me to hurt you just a little bit more.
Old 03-27-2004, 05:19 AM
Obsessed Fan

[img]smilies/star.gif[/img] SwordFish - Really enjoyed it, a lot more than I thought I would. Some great action scenes although I got a bit confused with the plot near the end. I left the room briefly and when I came back I culdn't work out what was going on!
Old 03-27-2004, 09:27 AM
Master Fan

Cheaper by the Dozen - It was a really cute movie, but sappy and predictable. My cousin liked it because she's a really big Hilary Duff fan.
icon *
Old 03-27-2004, 11:15 AM
Master Fan

I went to see Secret Window last night. It was pretty good. I'm a big Johnny Depp fan, though, so the whole movie could be him just sitting in a chair and never moving and I'd say it was pretty good. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

It was a little different than what I was expecting and I found the ending to have kind of come out of nowhere. But like I said, Johnny Depp made it worth while.
Old 03-27-2004, 11:24 AM
Dedicated Fan

Master and Commander - good movie, but it took a while for me to get into it. Overall, quite interesting and enjoyable [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-27-2004, 02:08 PM
Total Fan

Love Actually, light hearted fluff but really engaging. Having a bittersweet ending for some of the characters was unexpected; added some weight to the stories/characters. Lots of fun. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]