Old 01-10-2004, 05:30 AM
Elite Fan

What was the last movie you saw? With a brief thought on that film - # 1603

Go on.
Old 01-10-2004, 05:38 AM
Extreme Fan

i watched Hero for the first time \
more or less it's liek this
flashback story telling shape the story about one man (Jet li) defeated three assassins who tried to kill the most powerful warlord in pre-unified China..

in a nut shell that was it--i found it very "Chinese"
duh..loved the martial arts and the cinematography--
and the way the movie was told.. you just have to make sure you start form the begining and go all the way to the end--never takign your eyes of the screen or you'll miss out out.
Old 01-10-2004, 06:03 AM
Addicted Fan

Edward Scissorhands on DVD. This film really upsets me, I'd forgotten how much - then again, I would watch a two-hour long teabag commercial if Tim Burton had directed it. Breaks my heart every time. I remember watching it when it was released at the cinema and my friend said 'I don't get it, all the houses are the same colour!' [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] I never watched a movie with her again.
I can ride you at a gallop till your legs buckle and your eyes roll up. I've got muscles you've never even dreamed of. I could squeeze you until you pop like warm champagne and you'd beg me to hurt you just a little bit more.
Old 01-10-2004, 12:27 PM
Master Fan

The Score: Robert DeNiro + Marlon Brando + Ed Norton=heaven.

lex/lana("I did it for you") felicity/noel("you're my first boyfriend") trey/alex(mixing business with pleasure) seth/chloe(every superhero needs a lois lane)
Old 01-10-2004, 12:37 PM
Extreme Fan

Chasing Liberty - Two words. Matthew Goode. [img]smilies/eyebrows.gif[/img]

Other than that, fairly good romantic comedy. Great scenery and locations. Mandy is always watchable.

[ 01-10-2004: Message edited orion_d13 ]
Old 01-10-2004, 03:58 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Big Fish. It was a good movie. Great scenery. I'm glad that the ending was the same as the book's because that is the best ending.
Old 01-10-2004, 04:07 PM
Addicted Fan

Genevieve - a movie one could never possibly tire of! [img]smilies/glow.gif[/img]
Old 01-10-2004, 06:11 PM
Addicted Fan

Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King. For the third time [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] And it's still as good!! I could concentrate a bit more on the little details this time, and the effects. Still got totally hooked up in the story again though, and was reduced to a mess at the end. The huge battle scene is totally stunning - I felt so many emotions during that movie!
I can ride you at a gallop till your legs buckle and your eyes roll up. I've got muscles you've never even dreamed of. I could squeeze you until you pop like warm champagne and you'd beg me to hurt you just a little bit more.
Old 01-10-2004, 08:19 PM
Part-Time Fan

Cold Mountain - Words can not express what a beautiful, rich, versatile, heartbreaking film this is. Without question, the best movie I've seen this year. Everyone in that movie deserves an Oscar. This film will make so many people realize what an amazing talent Jude Law is. Nicole Kidman, I think it's pretty clear by now that she's not going anywhere for a looong time. That's all I have to say, because if I keep talking about it, I don't think I'll ever stop.

The Lord of the Rings: Return of the King - Yes, it's a great movie. But, I don't know, I think all of the hype affected me while I was watching it. I did, however, cry at the end, as I did in Cold Mountain. The two people that stood out to me were Sean Astin and Elijah Wood. They, I feel, were the most amazing part of the film.

Scotland, PA - I've seen this one before but the day I got the DVD, it got scratched so I rented it the other day. Maura Tierney is the best thing since the actual writing of Macbeth. My friends didn't like it, but they don't have the same type of humor I do, so it's understandable. But it's just so funny and so great. And it's the little things that make it so funny. If you've seen it, I'm sure you know what I mean.

Paycheck - Better than I expected. Me and my friend had started calling it The Bourne Identity 2 because that's exactly what it looked like. And please, do we really need two versions of every movie Matt and Ben star in? But it was intriguing and fun. Well-written and not quite the cliche' it seems to be.
Vaughn: Because I believe in you. Do you think I'd just throw anyone in my trunk?
Old 01-10-2004, 09:54 PM
Master Fan

Big Fish - It was rather good, not as satisfying as I'd hoped it to be. I love Ewan McGregor, he did a very good job. Nice to see Alison Lohman (she did so well, too! I was impressed), Helena Bonham Carter (always good), Albert Finney, Billy Crudup (I'm a fan of his now!), and Jessica Lange. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] The sets were great. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
i got stuck on the side you know i never chose
but it's all about taking the easy way out for you i suppose
Old 01-10-2004, 10:21 PM
Addicted Fan

I saw 3 movies this weekend:
Down with Love - While the story is a bit weak and I expcted better, the cast, wardrobe and scenery are just wonderful. Ewan is just lovely beyond all reason and the DVD has pretty cool bonus features.
The Order - With Heath Ledger. It isn't really scary, but it's quite entertaining, and a really good suspenseful story.
The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen - LAME. Border on ridiculous. A good cast, but an overall awful movie.
Old 01-10-2004, 10:38 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by beautiful mistake:
<STRONG>Scotland, PA - I've seen this one before but the day I got the DVD, it got scratched so I rented it the other day. Maura Tierney is the best thing since the actual writing of Macbeth. My friends didn't like it, but they don't have the same type of humor I do, so it's understandable. But it's just so funny and so great. And it's the little things that make it so funny. If you've seen it, I'm sure you know what I mean.</STRONG>
I try to watch it but I get turned off! I guess I'll have to tape it and then watch it.
Old 01-11-2004, 12:48 AM
Addicted Fan

I watched Peter Pan a couple weeks ago. It was amazing. I didn't really expect anything, so I came out loving it. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] It's really not "just a kids movie" anymore. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] Jeremy Sumpter (Peter) and Rachel Hurd-Wood (Wendy) were great in their roles, and they have so much chemistry with each other. Jason Issacs was great, too, as both Hook and Mr. Darling. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-11-2004, 01:10 AM
Addicted Fan

[img]smilies/star.gif[/img] The Sound Barrier - excellent film, fascinating stuff, although sad in parts.

[img]smilies/star.gif[/img] They Flew Alone - another aviation film [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] I LOVED it, it was perfect.
Old 01-11-2004, 06:16 AM
Addicted Fan

Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King, for the second time. It's still as good, if not even better than the first time I saw it.
It's very emotional and I did actually cry at the end.