Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-18-2018, 01:09 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Watched The Krays biopic (1990), Martin and Gary Kemp (Spandau Ballet) play Reggie and Ronnie, and honestly, very intelligent performances. They appear smooth and an 'everyman' but when they lose their tempers, chaos ensues. The woman who played Reggie's wife was very good and sympathetic. Great film.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 07-18-2018, 01:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Cry_Wolf (2005) Starring Julian Morris, Lindy Booth, Jon Bon Jovi, Jared Padalecki.

Plot:

Eight unsuspecting high school seniors at a posh boarding school, who delight themselves on playing games of lies, come face-to-face with terror and learn that nobody believes a liar - even when they're telling the truth.

Rating:

The Devil's Doorway (2018) Starring Lalor Roddy, Ciaran Flynn, Helena Bereen.

Plot:

In the fall of 1960, Father Thomas Riley and Father John Thornton were sent by the Vatican to investigate a miraculous event in an Irish home for 'fallen women', only to uncover something much more horrific.

Rating:
Old 07-18-2018, 04:44 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Boogeyman 3-I’ve seen them all...the first one is actually one of my favorite movies. This one was better than I thought it was going to be...it had a solid plot and it even referenced the other movies. A few scenes were cheesy (the laundry room scene anyone?) it wasn’t scary but it was well done. Recommended!
Thor/Loki Charles/Erik Kirk/Spock Zachary/Chris Dexter/Deb Nev/Max Thorin/Bilbo Neal/Peter John/D'avin Thomas/Newt Conrad/Devon Stiles/Scott Richie/Eddie
Old 07-19-2018, 12:09 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^^ I like that trilogy, and really liked the 2nd one as well!

13 Going on 30 (2004) Starring Jennifer Garner, Mark Ruffalo, Judy Greer, Andy Serkis.

Plot:

A girl makes a wish on her thirteenth birthday, and wakes up the next day as a thirty-year-old woman.

Rating:
Old 07-20-2018, 12:44 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

I watched this last night

Always a good idea to turn off your phone beforehand
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 07-20-2018, 04:13 AM
Fan Forum Star

Ready player one
Old 07-20-2018, 03:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I love "The Ring", one of my favourite films of the 2000's.

What did you think of RPO Jade? I was surprised I liked it as much as I did actually!

14 Cameras (2018) Starring Kodi Saint Angelo, Neville Archambault, Jacob Browne.

Plot:

When a family of four rent a beautiful house for their summer vacation, the price seems too good to be true. Unbeknownst to them, the lascivious owner has set up a series of spy cams throughout the house, documenting their most intimate moments and live streaming them to the dark web.

Rating:

Billionaire Boys Club (2018) Starring Ansel Elgort, Kevin Spacey, Taron Egerton, Emma Roberts, Suki Waterhouse, Billie Lourd.

Plot:

A group of wealthy boys in Los Angeles during the early 1980s establish a 'get-rich-quick' scam that turns deadly. (Based on a true story).

Rating:

Siberia (2018) Starring Keanu Reeves, Boris Gulyarin, Ashley St. George, Pasha D. Lychnikoff.

Plot:

When an American diamond trader's Russian partner goes missing, he journeys to Siberia in search of him, but instead begins a love affair.

Rating:

The Wolf Of Wall Street (2013) Starring Leonardo DiCaprio, Jonah Hill, Margot Robbie, Matthew McConaughey, Kyle Chandler, Rob Reiner, Jon Favreau.

Plot:

Based on the true story of Jordan Belfort, from his rise to a wealthy stock-broker living the high life to his fall involving crime, corruption and the federal government.

Rating:
Old 07-21-2018, 07:35 AM
Fan Forum Star

Trick R Treat (2007) - One of my fav Horror Movies!
Old 07-21-2018, 08:00 AM
Fan Forum Hero

the greatest showman
Old 07-21-2018, 03:13 PM
Fan Forum Star

Spy Kids 2: The Island of Lost Dreams

childhood classic that never gets old

rating:
Old 07-22-2018, 12:55 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mi||iê Måë (View Post)
I love "The Ring", one of my favourite films of the 2000's.
Still one of my top 3 all-time favorite films.

The Buffy the Vampire Slayer movie from 1992 is much better on a repeat viewing. When I first saw it, I was constantly comparing it to the TV show with Sarah Michelle Gellar (and I would advise everyone not to do that, because we're talking about different casts and different themes).

Kristy Swanson was a very underappreciated Buffy. Much stronger and sassier than people give her credit for. Plus, she had great chemistry with Luke Perry.

David Arquette was the same in everything back then (), just very silly. The show used vampires for drama, whereas they used it for comedy in the movie. It actually works, and I regret not noticing that sooner.

I think I'd rate it 3.5/5. Yes, it's not the show, and yes - a lot of the characters/actors are annoying and not sympathetic. Also, Donald Sutherland as the original Giles deserved a bigger role. That said, if you appreciate it for Luke/Kristy then focus on that and see the comedy elements as they were intended.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 07-22-2018, 08:01 AM
Fan Forum Star

Point Break (1991) - One of my fav movies!! I love the action and Keanu & Patrick have great chemistry!!!

My Private Idaho (1991) - Another one of my movies River & Keanu have amazing chemistry!!! Great road trip movie!!!
Old 07-22-2018, 07:03 PM
Fan Forum Star

Wonder Woman, on blu-ray today. this fabulous film never disappoints! pizza, chips, popcorn, soda, and a great movie!

Clexa Forever! | may we meet again | Dave
Old 07-25-2018, 12:43 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Carlito's Way never gets old Watched it last night and the performances from Pacino, Penn and Miller really stand out. Always feel the same amount of frustration and sympathy for Carlito not quite being able to leave his past behind or stop trusting the wrong people. 5 star movie from the lessons you learn, particularly from his character. The love story between Carlito and Gail deserves more recognition, it's tragically beautiful and inspires hope.
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Old 07-25-2018, 04:18 AM
Addicted Fan

Wonder

The kid from Room delivers another hit in a film with a more upbeat tone than Room

Julia Roberts makes an appearance, im not sure if shes getting much work these days, Emma is the member of the Roberts family getting work these days

Anyway, Julia Roberts and Owen Wilson feature as the parents in this film