Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-26-2011, 10:07 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocfan27 (View Post)
just got home from the movie... it was amazing!! perfect in everyway possible!! robert pattinson outstanding!! it was an all around outstanding movie!!!
Yeah right. I really love to watch all movies of Robert Pattinson. He is really a good and outstanding among all others.
roanokejim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 02:27 PM
Master Fan

Linds!!! it had to be you!! I just realized the release date here is until May 5.

Im looking forward to see Rob, Reese and Christoph in this film. The three are wonderful actors.
Old 04-28-2011, 08:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I know, right? I'm a bit of a WFE fan girl. lols.

keep the starlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 09:24 AM
Master Fan

WFE was so-so ...slow in parts and the characters were not fully developed imo. If you have read the book...you understand more about them ; otherwise not so much....
Old 04-30-2011, 10:26 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by navami (View Post)
WFE was so-so ...slow in parts and the characters were not fully developed imo. If you have read the book...you understand more about them ; otherwise not so much....
I agree with this. I also had the same problem with the movie as I did with the book.

Spoiler:

Other than that, I thought that the performances were great and the look of film was beautiful.
Annie Jeff / Leslie Ben / Maria Michael / Pam Jim / Joey Pacey / Tyra Tim
jackiehydelover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 11:52 AM
Fan Forum Hero

just watched this movie last night.. it was good... but i read the book first i need to remember never to do that again lol
Old 04-30-2011, 04:44 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I thought the build up between Jacob and Marlena worked better in the movie than it did in the book. It still wasn't my favorite aspect of either the book or movie, though.

keep the starlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 02:42 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCKSTAR (View Post)
The teasers for this make me curious.
So true for this!
donnawhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 12:18 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Taylor Swift

I haven't seen it yet and I don't think I will see it
Old 06-10-2011, 04:59 AM
New Fan

I have seen this movie, this flick is fantastic.
kyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 10:32 PM
Loyal Fan

I liked it it was good.

True Love
*Butterflies* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 07:28 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

I saw this movie at my local cinema a few weeks back, thought it was good but not great. Robert and Reese were an interesting cast choice. I like both, but not sure they really meshed....I dunno. I've never read the book so I didn't know what to expect. Anyway they both played their roles well. I love any movies to do with animals although I am not sure I would want to watch this one as much as I have with others.
Old 05-10-2012, 12:38 AM
Elite Fan

I watched this yesterday. It was decent. I liked it.
ROCKSTAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 07:25 PM
Extreme Fan

I absolutely LOVE Robert Pattinson. He's an amazing, versatile actor with a great attitude towards all his work and is absolutely gorgeous!
I have seen all of his films and read all of the books to them. I read 'Water for Elephants' twice before I saw the film, it is an amazing and beautifully written story. I do wish the film had been a bit more accurate mostly because it would have meant more graphic Rob scenes, but I am also bothered by the fact that they did not explain August's behavior as his being a paranoid schizophrenic. That's pretty important so I can't believe they would not include that. I also don't understand why they made Marlena an orphan when she was not, her parents were high class and disowned her when she married August.

Nonetheless Robert's performance as Jacob was brilliant, his emotional delivery was compelling as always and his compassion for everyone human and animal alike is a perfect fit for the role. I loved his chemistry with Tai(Rosie) and Reese Witherspoon. The forbidden flame between him and Reese was very reaching, and you can feel the longing for him that is in her eyes and the ache in his heart knowing that she was beyond his reach in every one of their scenes together. And Rob's various use of Polish phrases is very sexy!
Christoph Waltz also did a fantastic job, his anger and harshness was very powerful. The scene when he runs into the car and starts beating Rosie, I nearly cried the first time I saw it. The first few times I could not listen to the poor creatures cries, I had to close my ears. As I said all that was missing with August was the explanation for his behavior.

My favorite part by far is the ending black and white montage of Jacob and Marlena's happily ever after with Ringling.
Amazing film, and I can't wait to see Rob's still upcoming films Cosmopolis and Bel Ami(already read those books to) as well as the two new ones he was recently chosen for 'Mission: Black List' and 'The Rover'. Rob has never disappointed me, and I never expect him to.
Ashes Fall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 10:16 PM
Elite Fan

I loved the black and white montage as well.

Quote:
I am also bothered by the fact that they did not explain August's behavior as his being a paranoid schizophrenic.
How interesting. I didn't read the novel so I wasn't aware of this. It explains a lot of August's behavior.
ROCKSTAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread